Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Love In - Why?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You're wasting your breath Phil. There are plenty of absolute mongs on here happy to slate Crawley having not been to the place for well over a decade. It wouldn't be so bad, but these people tend to sneer at the place from their shit train as they commute for 3 hours to and from Brighton just so they can pay the mortage, or laugh at the chavs from their dreary and incredibly tired run-down seaside resort that is "convenient" for Brighton but not actually Brighton.

And smudge, what the f*** are you talking about? Crawley is a Chelsea area if anything, definitely not Palace. If anything, there are more Albion fans in Crawley than Palace.

They even had a Pal@rse shirt hanging on the wall in the back of their stand... get your facts straight... there ARE plenty of Pal@rse in Crawley... to repeat, there are a hell of a lot of w@nkers in Crawley FC...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They even had a Pal@rse shirt hanging on the wall in the back of their stand... get your facts straight... there ARE plenty of Pal@rse in Crawley... to repeat, there are a hell of a lot of w@nkers in Crawley FC...
My facts are perfectly straight thanks.

Crawley play Brighton in a pre season friendly so a few local Palace fans come out to support Crawley. *gasp* What do you think might happen when Crawley play Palace in a friendly?

Fucks sake.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My facts are perfectly straight thanks.

Crawley play Brighton in a pre season friendly so a few local Palace fans come out to support Crawley. *gasp* What do you think might happen when Crawley play Palace in a friendly?

Fucks sake.

I repeat, we have ZERO reason to want Crawley to be successful... we are currently, and have always been, the ONLY league club in Sussex... why should we support a Pal@rse-loving soon to be rival? Fcuk 'em... cut the Crawley love-in... did you read the FACT that they actually had a Pal@rse shirt hanging in the back of their stand? Did you see how many Pal@rse shirts there were in the home end? You really need to check your facts...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I repeat, we have ZERO reason to want Crawley to be successful... we are currently, and have always been, the ONLY league club in Sussex... why should we support a Pal@rse-loving soon to be rival? Fcuk 'em... cut the Crawley love-in... did you read the FACT that they actually had a Pal@rse shirt hanging in the back of their stand? Did you see how many Pal@rse shirts there were in the home end? You really need to check your facts...

Seem to have touched a nerve here..basically Crawley New Town does have a lot of London support because of it's latter day origins, but it is up the other end of the county, mid-way between Brighton and Croydon. You can'yt blame people there for supporting their local club rather than trailing north or south every weekend. If this hadn't happened (Crawley's advance up the league) they might well have had a Milton Keynes situation where another club was "transferred" in.

Football fans, like Nature, abhorr a vacuum.

Have to disagree with you.

Crawley are in Sussex. FACT - Whether we like it or not
If Sussex football teams improve - we all get noticed more. Rather than a place for journeymen to retire too.
A strong Crawley is good for the Albion. Friendly competition, feeder clubs & some rivalry
I look on Crawley as a younger brother. Sometimes, you dislike them but overall you love them.
So long as we are in a higher division then them, there is no need for any vile.
Sussex loud & proud. When BHA are away, I often go to watch Crawley or Eastbourne and in my Albion shirt. No banter, nastiness or vitriole. Very friendly clubs & I only wish them every success.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seem to have touched a nerve here..basically Crawley New Town does have a lot of London support because of it's latter day origins, but it is up the other end of the county, mid-way between Brighton and Croydon. You can'yt blame people there for supporting their local club rather than trailing north or south every weekend. If this hadn't happened (Crawley's advance up the league) they might well have had a Milton Keynes situation where another club was "transferred" in.

Football fans, like Nature, abhorr a vacuum.

Agreed, but when we were flying in the old first division (yes, I'm that old), we had plenty of fans from the north of the county... if Crawley are successful, then a repeat of that scenario is obviously less likely, so... why are so many on here creaming themselves over Crawley's success last night? Beats me...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Don't care for Crawley at all. Last night was the first time I have felt anything remotely akin to liking Robbie Savage, how Tubbs didn't go for that tackle is beyond me. Have always though of Crawley as Palace country and it is a shit hole. Their Man City approach to success is not right. They won't be able say they "achieved" anything and any success will have been bought. Hadn't realised quite how much they are spending, it's ridiculous.

Not quite £93million though....:whistle:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Have to disagree with you.

Crawley are in Sussex. FACT - Whether we like it or not
If Sussex football teams improve - we all get noticed more. Rather than a place for journeymen to retire too.
A strong Crawley is good for the Albion. Friendly competition, feeder clubs & some rivalry
I look on Crawley as a younger brother. Sometimes, you dislike them but overall you love them.
So long as we are in a higher division then them, there is no need for any vile.
Sussex loud & proud. When BHA are away, I often go to watch Crawley or Eastbourne and in my Albion shirt. No banter, nastiness or vitriole. Very friendly clubs & I only wish them every success.

Then you are missing the point that they will limit our support from the north of the county just when we need as many supporters as we can get as we move to Falmer... nice fans my @rse BTW... plenty of t0ssers there I can assure you...

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Then you are missing the point that they will limit our support from the north of the county just when we need as many supporters as we can get as we move to Falmer... nice fans my @rse BTW... plenty of t0ssers there I can assure you...

I think you are over estimating the importance of Brighton. Too many people on here think Brighton is Sussex. In many other parts of sussex it's an irrelevance and to a lot of people it's not really representative of the county(ies).

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I live in Crawley, I like it, it's no more full of Chavs than any other town, f*** me I see enough in Brighton ! It may not be the prettiest town but we probably have the best facilities in the county, and without us the rest of Sussex would be a lot poorer !
I don't really care too much of CTFC, I keep an eye on their results but that's it. And for anyone passing judgement from the outside, Crawley has a hell of a lot of Albion fans up here.
I don't see CTFC as a threat next season we will have a brand new stadium & hopefully Championship football, Crawley will have an average non league stadium and shit 4th division football.......there is no contest !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is it conceivable that you could have CTFC and BHAFC fans watch each other on alternative weeks? Just a thought.

I know coastal based BHA fans will pop to Lewes, Eastbourne or Worthing when the Albion are playing away/couldnt get a ticket.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

There's no more t0ssers there than anywhere else. In fact, my experience is that there's less than many places.

I used to go to games there until the Majeeds and then Steve Evans rocked up, and would do so again if I was back in Sussex and their games didn't clash with ours that I could get to. I managed to do about 15 of their home games as well as over 30 Albion games and a few Burgess Hill one season.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They are underdogs which is appealing, even if dogs aren't. Some people like dogs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Horsham Flyer used to take the King & Barnes lot straight to the Goldstone, all stations except Fishersagate, Portslade and Aldrington.

Is it conceivable that you could have CTFC and BHAFC fans watch each other on alternative weeks? Just a thought.

I know coastal based BHA fans will pop to Lewes, Eastbourne or Worthing when the Albion are playing away/couldnt get a ticket.

I am a BHA season ticket holder & as I have said earlier I watch non league sussex teams most week. Usually Crawley or Eastbourne. Used to be Lewes too before they sunk a division. And years ago Bognor & Worthing too. So long as based in sussex I will watch the next best team(s) in the county, so long as they don't clash with the Albion.

Dec 24, 2010
I bet they don't like us much.... don't they sing anti-Brighton songs?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Reason we were refused a ground share was it was vetoed by a couple of their directors who were indeed Palace Supporters. I am not sure if they are there any more though. Always enjoy my trips to Crawley when Albion are not playing. Good luck to them. Great to see Michel having a good night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here