Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Love In - Why?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you still dislike Germany/France/Spain/Scotland/Argentina for their previous actions?

Germany - Still a little bit
France - Of course, they continue to dislike us despite twice saving their but last century
Spain - I have at last forgiven the armada.
Scotland - Instinctively still dislike them, probably always will.
Argentina - Aren't they sworn enemies of Uruguay. Surely that's reason enough?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Normally, I do not Crawley consider part of Sussex, but part of south London (say no more). But Kuipers is in goal and the more lower clubs through the more likely we will win the FA Cup. Better team than in 83.

Congrats to Crawley.

Peter Ward scored in afew seconds, but we still did not beat Derby.

Ha Ha. A comedian on here.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I cannot stand the club, they have been corrupt, been in administration numerous times, must have had 30 or more points deducted, then suddenly they are spending £250k on way play here, £200k on a player there. Signing a player for £100k then getting rid of him a month later, and signing 3 more.

Any team that goes into administration should not be allowed to buy players for at least 5 transfer windows. That would stop idiots taking charge and trying to cheat their way to success.

Oh and well done on buying their way to a decent position. They probably spent more in the transfer market than Derby

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Went to a pre season friendly there years ago & a lot of the locals were in Palace shirts. Enough said.

Can't remember ever seeing a Palace shirt at a Crawleyt pre-season fiendly, and I've been to most of them. Perhaps they were in the home end, and didn't drink in the bar beforehand, or after.

Normally, I do not Crawley consider part of Sussex, but part of south London (say no more).

What the hell does that mean? Crawley is part of Sussex, apart from anything else it is a jewel in the economic crown of Sussex, along with its proximity to Gatwick, which is also in Sussex. From an economic point of view it would be a poorer county without it. Sussex were viciferous in ensuring that when Gatwick opened as a 'new' commercial airport in 1958, it remained in Sussex. How can you consider something not to be of something, when it is?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Don't care for Crawley at all. Last night was the first time I have felt anything remotely akin to liking Robbie Savage, how Tubbs didn't go for that tackle is beyond me. Have always though of Crawley as Palace country and it is a shit hole. Their Man City approach to success is not right. They won't be able say they "achieved" anything and any success will have been bought. Hadn't realised quite how much they are spending, it's ridiculous.

There's only one team in Sussex and they wear blue & white.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why are there some posters on here that seem to be falling over themselves to want Crawley to do well? Can someone please remind me how they helped us out in our time of need? Wasn't it a case of sticking two fingers up as we searched for a local venue when the Goldstone was sold under our feet, even going to the lengths of offering to increase the capacity of Broadfield for them. And what did they do? Didn't they let Palace reserves play there instead! I might be wrong about Palace reserves but they certainly didn't let us play there and forced us off to Priestfield for two years.

Hope Torquay turn them over and they miss out on promotion.

Agreed... although the stadium was owned by Crawley council (maybe still as) as I recall... if they continue to be successful, then they will suck in 'our' fans in the north of the county... don't see any positives for us in their success, so fcuk 'em...

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
As has been mentioned on another thread , the club was happy for us to play at the Broadfield Stadium, it was the council who put a stop to it.

It is all very easy to get snobby about the town, but its not that bad, just a bit dull. Certianly if you compare it to Brighton.

No matter how many times you patiently explain this to people, the urban myth won't go away.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and there are a lot of Pal@rse there... I WAS in the home end... w@nkers...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If Crawley get into the league I think a few people on here will have to review their definition of 'plastic'. They complain about people who come from Sussex and support, say, Chelsea as opposed to their local club. How will they feel about all the 'plastics' from places like Horsham and other towns/villages near Crawley who support the Albion as opposed to their local League club?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Nicholas Soames was MP for Crawley when the constituency included a lot of the outlying villages whhich guarenteed him a majority. When the boundaries were redrawn he jumped ship to Mid Sussex.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Can't remember ever seeing a Palace shirt at a Crawleyt pre-season fiendly, and I've been to most of them. Perhaps they were in the home end, and didn't drink in the bar beforehand, or after.

What the hell does that mean? Crawley is part of Sussex, apart from anything else it is a jewel in the economic crown of Sussex, along with its proximity to Gatwick, which is also in Sussex. From an economic point of view it would be a poorer county without it. Sussex were viciferous in ensuring that when Gatwick opened as a 'new' commercial airport in 1958, it remained in Sussex. How can you consider something not to be of something, when it is?

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the poster is a total idiot.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
To me it just smacks of snobbishness against the town - If it was Lewes or Worthing i don't think there would be half as much resentment - Well done Crawley good on them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To me it just smacks of snobbishness against the town - If it was Lewes or Worthing i don't think there would be half as much resentment - Well done Crawley good on them.

A little bit yes.

Funnily enough although georgraphically Crawley is in Sussex I too have never regarded it as much of a Sussex town unlike say Horsham which is almost next door! Dunno why, maybe because it borders Surrey, maybe because when we played them in the Cup at the Goldstone there were ALOT of Chelsea "fans" all wearing Chelsea shirts in the away end.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You're wasting your breath Phil. There are plenty of absolute mongs on here happy to slate Crawley having not been to the place for well over a decade. It wouldn't be so bad, but these people tend to sneer at the place from their shit train as they commute for 3 hours to and from Brighton just so they can pay the mortage, or laugh at the chavs from their dreary and incredibly tired run-down seaside resort that is "convenient" for Brighton but not actually Brighton.

And smudge, what the f*** are you talking about? Crawley is a Chelsea area if anything, definitely not Palace. If anything, there are more Albion fans in Crawley than Palace.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don't care whether it was the country or the dictator, it's still Germany / France / Spain / Scotland / Argentina.

:facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It wouldn't be so bad, but these people tend to sneer at the place from their shit train as they commute for 3 hours to and from Brighton just so they can pay the mortage, or laugh at the chavs from their dreary and incredibly tired run-down seaside resort that is "convenient" for Brighton but not actually Brighton.

You cant sneer at Crawley on the Brighton train because it doesnt go thru Crawley. Its Three Bridges actually.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And smudge, what the f*** are you talking about? Crawley is a Chelsea area if anything, definitely not Palace. If anything, there are more Albion fans in Crawley than Palace.

Oh and this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here