Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley - do we like them?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As they may very soon be in the league, do we like them in a kinf of 'aaah, good luck to the little fellas' patronising type of way... or are they set to become deadly local rivals?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
They'll never be really serious rivals. I'd like to see them in the league.

Just as long as they NEVER finish up above us. EVER.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good luck to them. There's room for two clubs in Sussex.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If they get into the league and we play them in a serious match i think it could start to get nasty.Crawley is mainly made up of the London teams plus some Albion.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i think it would be good to have 2 teams in the league from sussex, Good Luck to them

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I personally have no hate for them as they have done nothing to ignite that sort of feeling. That said I am of the opinion that Conference should be as far as they are allowed to progress. I don't want them in the League and I like us being the only professional club in Sussex.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

E

enigma

I think it would be a good thing for the county if they got into the league. Im not sure they will be as keen on us though.

Dr Breakfast

Feb 13, 2005
Sussex innit
I think it would be healthy to have 2 professional sides in Sussex. It hasn't hurt Hampshire, Devon or Staffordshire for example.

Crawley isn't as big or as far from other major teams as Brighton so they are unlikely to ever pose a serious threat to the Albion but they could be useful in developing some of our younger players, and to be counted on for support in off the field matters.

Welcome them to the league I say

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Pedant alert.
Devon have three.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Coming from Horsham I SHOULD hate them...

...but, I know a few people who have played for them over the years and used to pop along to a few games.

It would be good for Sussex to get another league club and they have the basis of a good club.

Nice ground that can be expanded by another 5,000. Decent squad and fair sized town to draw support from though it may be hard to drag the locals away from Chelsea and Palace.

I expect it will end up similar to Orient in that they will hate us and we will not be too bothered about them.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to them...as long as we are separated by at least one division with us at the top end.

The nightmare scenario.. we don't get Falmer and drop down the league and they move up, expand and become top club in Sussex. Bit like Hellas Verona and Chievo. Hmmm.. picturing that, I am starting to dislike them already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here