Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley cut season ticket prices by up to 34%

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know some people disagree that Crawley didn't help us, that it was the council etc, but I've always been convinced, that the they didnt help us and specifically because they thought we'd go out of business at Gillingham and then they would become the biggest club in Sussex and get all our supporters.

In 1997 they were in the Southern League Premier Division playing Rothwell Town in front of 1000 fans. They went into administration in 1999. They didn't get out of the Southern league until 2004. I really don't think they were looking at Brighton's plight at that time thinking they were going to get a load of Brighton fans given they were on a par with many other non-league clubs at that time such as Bognor, Hastings Town, Worthing etc.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Let’s be clear, I’ve nothing against what Crawley are doing at all, but how many Crawley residents who have a vague interest in football read NSC?

What the OP has done is post this on a board full of Brighton fans to troll our club’s pricing by comparison. That’s what his alter ego working class pride used to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are wrong, you also are a serial liar. I have never heard of " working class pride" you also lied about my using a proxy server, leaving after a row with another poster and my iP address being the same as presumably the poster you mentioned..

My previous account remained dormant for many years and all login details lost.

You really need to refer your conduct to fellow mods for consideration.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
In 1997 they were in the Southern League Premier Division playing Rothwell Town in front of 1000 fans. They went into administration in 1999. They didn't get out of the Southern league until 2004. I really don't think they were looking at Brighton's plight at that time thinking they were going to get a load of Brighton fans given they were on a par with many other non-league clubs at that time such as Bognor, Hastings Town, Worthing etc.

I disagree. I think Crawley had already started their rise with the building of their stadium. The next decade they steadily pushed up the non league pyramid and they were pretty open about their ambitions to get into the football league.

Like I say I know there are people who don't share my view, and thats fine. The argument has been done to death on here. I guess I only chipped in because when I hear people singing Crawleys praises on here, I think its worth remembering the other side of the argument. A bit of balance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You are wrong, you also are a serial liar. I have never heard of " working class pride" you also lied about my using a proxy server, leaving after a row with another poster and my iP address being the same as presumably the poster you mentioned..

My previous account remained dormant for many years and all login details lost.

You really need to refer your conduct to fellow mods for consideration.

Wrong. You started posting again from the other account after 6 years when this account was banned for trolling for a few days. All the mods were aware and [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] banned your other account

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I know some people disagree that Crawley didn't help us, that it was the council etc, but I've always been convinced, that the they didnt help us and specifically because they thought we'd go out of business at Gillingham and then they would become the biggest club in Sussex and get all our supporters.

So despite strong evidence to the contrary and your case being built on nothing but idle speculation you are convinced?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
So despite strong evidence to the contrary and your case being built on nothing but idle speculation you are convinced?

As mentioned previously, the arguments been done to death. But the strong evidence as you put it, is subjective in my opinion. Saying the council turned it down because the planning application limited the amount of games to be played there, doesn't really explain why they then let Palace reserves play there in my opinion. So as I say, your "solid evidence" could also been seen as having question marks.

But ultimately, I'm happy for us to disagree. If you're not, then I would suggest going and posting your support for Crawley on the Crawly forum, not the Brighton one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I disagree. I think Crawley had already started their rise with the building of their stadium. The next decade they steadily pushed up the non league pyramid and they were pretty open about their ambitions to get into the football league.

Like I say I know there are people who don't share my view, and thats fine. The argument has been done to death on here. I guess I only chipped in because when I hear people singing Crawleys praises on here, I think its worth remembering the other side of the argument. A bit of balance.

No they didn't, they moved up 1 tier in 13 years. If I was Crawley council and I'd just built a new stadium for the struggling home town team, I don't think I would have shared with Brighton either as it would have definitely reduced the numbers going to Crawley games. But that isn't the same as saying they did it to hopefully see Brighton go out of business. It may have been selfish but I don't think it was vindictive.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
As mentioned previously, the arguments been done to death. But the strong evidence as you put it, is subjective in my opinion. Saying the council turned it down because the planning application limited the amount of games to be played there, doesn't really explain why they then let Palace reserves play there in my opinion. So as I say, your "solid evidence" could also been seen as having question marks.

But ultimately, I'm happy for us to disagree. If you're not, then I would suggest going and posting your support for Crawley on the Crawly forum, not the Brighton one.

Fans United Will Never Be Defeated or so we chanted in the old North Stand.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Maybe, but you wouldn't see Red Cafe promoting season tickets for Rochdale or Salford City.

Maybe not season tickets but I’m pretty sure I have seen adverts for Lewes games on here.

Let’s be clear, I’ve nothing against what Crawley are doing at all, but how many Crawley residents who have a vague interest in football read NSC?

What the OP has done is post this on a board full of Brighton fans to troll our club’s pricing by comparison. That’s what his alter ego working class pride used to do.

I thought I saw WCP on here a few days ago. Probably best ban both.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The mod is wrong . Never heard of the poster " working class pride " and the mod knows it.

You both use the same isp, WCP used to post about ticket prices and follow Lenny Rider round the board taking about Thatcher and so have you, your writing style is identical and, when I banned you last week working class pride started posting again for the first time in six years and earned a ban from a different mod. One of WCP’s last posts before the six year hiatus was to explain the phrase wunt be druv.

But you carry on lying, Boris.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
You both use the same isp, WCP used to post about ticket prices and follow Lenny Rider round the board taking about Thatcher and so have you, your writing style is identical and, when I banned you last week working class pride started posting again for the first time in six years and earned a ban from a different mod. One of WCP’s last posts before the six year hiatus was to explain the phrase wunt be druv.

But you carry on lying, Boris.

Absolute bullshit, be a man admit you are wrong.

As for lenny Rider far from following him around the board, I only posted about him and thatcher when he chose to input on a thread I started.

You are a serial liar and you know it.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
It also seems, apart from the blind that the information I posted has largely been appreciated judging by the majority of posts and thumbs-ups it is getting.

Could you please point me at a single post of mine criticising Falmer ticket prices

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Good for Crawley trying to make themselves more appealing by lowering prices to try and incentivise the attendance of younger fans. Yes, you can be cynical and see it is a move to get more people in the ground buying food, merch and the like - but the bottom line remains the same, it's cheaper for fans to attend and that should be applauded.

I don't understand why there's an issue with posting about it on here. It's not like there's some rivalry between the clubs and I see no reason not to support other local sides. Personally, I'm unlikely to go and watch Crawley play any time soon. Same with Lewes, Worthing and the other Sussex sides, but I can't understand why anyone would be discouraged from promoting a local football club which certainly could do with all the financial support it can get, as can they all.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps because a troll with two accounts is advertising the season tickets (thread title only mentions them) of a rival Sussex club on a Brighton forum?

A club that had an institutional racism problem

I dunno. Seems like you're conflating a whole load of things there. Fair enough being pissed off if he's posting under another account while banned, but the thread topic itself is perfectly valid IMO. If Crawley drop their prices by a third to try and attract fans then that's notable and newsworthy for lots of people who live locally and watch football. It's not 'advertising'. Unless the OP works for them?

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I dunno. Seems like you're conflating a whole load of things there. Fair enough being pissed off if he's posting under another account while banned, but the thread topic itself is perfectly valid IMO. If Crawley drop their prices by a third to try and attract fans then that's notable and newsworthy for lots of people who live locally and watch football. It's not 'advertising'. Unless the OP works for them?

The mod is wrong, I have a dormant account (last used probably 6 years ago)I cannot access as I lost login details . I have provided the mod with the account name but he has bullied me consistently because apparently I upset a friend of his.

I work in the defence sector so, no I don't work for Crawley, and as for watching them I would take Horsham every day when Albion games don't clash.

Loads of people have found this thread of interest and in a slow close season what else is there to write about?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not wading through the whole thread but given their new owners are magic bean merchants, that discount might take into account the number of games missed when they go bust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here