Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley cut season ticket prices by up to 34%

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Isn’t that kind of irrelevant considering we played at the Withdean ??? It’s a bit like Palace calling us plastics since the Amex I would love to know how we were meant to cram 20k inside that place.

Have you visited The Crawley ground, how do you get 10,000 in a ground capacity of 5000?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surely this is to be applauded, football is too expensive for a lot of families. If they can do it others can too

Take a reality check. They are reducing prices in the hope of attracting more fans and as a consequence generating higher long term total revenue. It could be a classic fail if fan numbers stay the same.

I don’t think they are doing it to be nice.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Take a reality check. They are reducing prices in the hope of attracting more fans and as a consequence generating higher long term total revenue. It could be a classic fail if fan numbers stay the same.

Maybe a bit of Yems Tax to rebrand and move on?

Although Family centric / generational investment isn’t new to them. They do a lot of work with local schools free of charge and give pupils free CTFC shirts

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I remember a couple of occasions when we asked them for some help and they refused (different ownership accepted)..

I may be wrong and happy to be advised as such but wasn’t it a council owned stadium, and the council who wouldn’t agree a groundshare, not Crawley Town FC?

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

Of course it is a commercial decision trying to build their fanbase by family friendly pricing but as many on here seem to be ignoring their is an awful lot of low wage employment in their area, a lot of poverty so these price cuts will also help their established fanbase.

Hardly any prawn sarnie corporate wankers there. I think the corporate dining experience is about £48 . Without any executive boxes and no concourse to sell beer in they have limited income streams. I doubt BHAFC Ladies brings much in.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I may be wrong and happy to be advised as such but wasn’t it a council owned stadium, and the council who wouldn’t agree a groundshare, not Crawley Town FC?

Crawley Council owned ( still) and they were lured by palarse reserves wanting to play there ( another unpaid debt by the serial bankrupts) and frightened off by the thought of thousands of ex Goldstone " hooligans" every other week. Sussex plod put the boot in too.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

You are correct (I think) which is why mine was a very generalised comment, however I vaguely recall remarks from “them” about Crawley becoming Sussex’s number 1 club.

One of my favourite ever results was when we stuffed them in the FA Cup at the Goldstone.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Thats not actually true though is it ? What actually happened is, we asked them to ground share the newly built (council owned) Broadfield Stadium which Crawley Town were all for especially as we offered to put up another stand, but it was actually Crawley Council that said no due to the planning permission that had assured local residents that it would be a certain numbers of games per season.

Having said that…..I still wouldn’t go and watch them even if it was free, but to knock the club for a decision the local council made is a bit unfair, even more so seeing as our womens team have made it their home.

I remember a couple of occasions when we asked them for some help and they refused (different ownership accepted).

Kudos to those who support them but Brighton fans support Brighton, not Crawley.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Maybe they realised that the fact non-league teams in Sussex were frequently pulling in bigger crowds was a wake-up call.

Still though, I’d rather trapse my bollocks through broken glass than go to the Broadfield.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Getting ****ed over IMO.

"Look how nice and kind we are - nice and kind enough for you to buy our NFTs. And look how much we're saving you - enough for you to buy our NFTs".

All very nice until the owners run away with all the money people invested.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe they realised that the fact non-league teams in Sussex were frequently pulling in bigger crowds was a wake-up call.

Still though, I’d rather trapse my bollocks through broken glass than go to the Broadfield.

Indeed. Dreadful town, horrible football and a seemingly openly racist culture until they got caught.

Still, discounts, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
£12 for a 60+ seat is the same price as Bognor and cheaper than Worthing.
I'm sure Kevin Betsy will have Crawley playing an attractive passing game based on what he was doing as Arsenal U-23's coach.

Well done Crawley, there are some decent fixtures to see in League 2. When the cost of living crisis becomes worse in the winter I'm sure a lot more locals that currently head to London for games will fancy the option of a game without transport hassle and costs, particularly if it's entertaining.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Good luck to them ( within reason!). Their new pricing brings them close to prices for non league football which has seen a significant increase in attendances in the past 2 years - Crawley and others at that level are having to compete for custom against non league as well as us and London clubs. It makes it more attractive for me to take the family when we don’t have a game, so I expect they will pick up a few occasional visitors like us. They will also lose revenue from the regulars who would have otherwise continued to pay the higher prices, so overall I can’t imagine it will be a huge revenue earner - but maybe that’s not their prime objective (if you believe their statement).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When the cost of living crisis becomes worse in the winter I'm sure a lot more locals that currently head to London for games will fancy the option of a game without transport hassle and costs, particularly if it's entertaining.

:lolol:

You do know where Crawley’s ground is, right? Spurs is probably nearer a railway station. And the car park is hardly spacious.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
:lolol:

And the car park is hardly spacious.

Business park, car park within 100 yards both offering free parking, near by on the other side of the road is the K9 and Tilgate park lower car park. Plenty of unrestricted parking in 3 local estates.

A lot more available than at Falmer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here