Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley cut season ticket prices by up to 34%

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Business park, car park within 100 yards both offering free parking, near by on the other side of the road is the K9 and Tilgate park lower car park. Plenty of unrestricted parking in 3 local estates.

A lot more available than at Falmer

No public transport though, right? And if you don’t want your car TWOCd?

Like I said though, sunshine, if it’s that appealing then **** off there. No one will miss you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

Like I said though, sunshine, if it’s that appealing then **** off there. No one will miss you.

Bus service to the ground straight past the car park into an estate .

What is the matter with you?, not even as if they are Scousers.

If this thread doesn't interest you, unlike the 40 odd posts from people who are ,as you so politely put it **** off you won't be missed

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Don’t understand this sort of attitude - nothing wrong with occasionally going to watch a match when Brighton aren’t playing at home, (which actually is most games). A cheap, convenient and enjoyable Saturday watch - doesn’t diminish in any way my support for the Albion.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Is the right answer. Hope they get relegated to non-league as that’s where they belong. There’s only one team in Sussex.

Says the person that lives in Suffolk :facepalm:

With many Sussex non league clubs doing so well last season, it wouldn’t surprise me if another club joins the league in a few years time.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Of course it is a commercial decision trying to build their fanbase by family friendly pricing but as many on here seem to be ignoring their is an awful lot of low wage employment in their area, a lot of poverty so these price cuts will also help their established fanbase.

Hardly any prawn sarnie corporate wankers there. I think the corporate dining experience is about £48 . Without any executive boxes and no concourse to sell beer in they have limited income streams. I doubt BHAFC Ladies brings much in.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CamYYISAT_T/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You could get a ST at Pompey for only £100 more.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don’t understand this sort of attitude - nothing wrong with occasionally going to watch a match when Brighton aren’t playing at home, (which actually is most games). A cheap, convenient and enjoyable Saturday watch - doesn’t diminish in any way my support for the Albion.

He posted about season tickets, not one offs.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Far more parking options and free. Short walk to station. Buts its Crawley and L2. Still an option for occasional game as many matches wont clash with Albion games.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Far more parking options and free. Short walk to station. Buts its Crawley and L2. Still an option for occasional game as many matches wont clash with Albion games.

I prefer the Horsham option but I posted this thread for general interest and perhaps to inform potential users. Too many people prepared to sneer though..

Perhaps they were frightened as tiny kids when we played nasty Crawley in the cup.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Think it reflects reality really, good luck to them trying to maintain never mind expand their fan base in current climate. Easy to throw stones from our PL perch but their was once a time I vividly remember when I’d have bitten your hand off to go and watch football at Crawley!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I prefer the Horsham option but I posted this thread for general interest and perhaps to inform potential users. Too many people prepared to sneer though..

Perhaps they were frightened as tiny kids when we played nasty Crawley in the cup.

I expect some people have been priced out of PL and Champ football so going along to still watch professional lower league games instead is something many will consider as budgets are squeezed. I’ve enjoyed my NL (5th tier) local side and intend to go more next year for this simple reason, not least because it’s pushing £50-60 an Amex game in fuel now on top of ticket and other expenses as an exile. When you add the always changing times, dates, unreliable public transport, limited p&r capacity, motorway congestion, climate change…combined, they significantly influence decision making when once it probably never entered into many peoples heads to not renew. You just did it. But times they are a changing! Good news is the Albion has an affluent catchment area and plenty of eager fans to replace any choosing not to renew for whatever reasons.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Take a reality check. They are reducing prices in the hope of attracting more fans and as a consequence generating higher long term total revenue. It could be a classic fail if fan numbers stay the same.

I don’t think they are doing it to be nice.

You’ve lost me to be honest, if me, my wife and son are interested in watching my local team and it costs fifty quid which is over my budget, then later I find I can attend the same event for, say, £35. I’m up on the deal. Any cynical business motives (if any) won’t come into it.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
If as i suspect the Police wont want Brighton and Crawley playing at home on the same day, the PL fixture will sort that anyway & if you cant afford getting to Brighton away games it might attract a few Brighton fans to Crawley in addition not as deflection. I believe Brighton has always had a large fan base in the Horsham area i.e. down the road from Crawley. Good luck to them.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
It is interesting to see the new owners trying to build upon the family fanbase with some pretty decent kids deals, as for going there ( even with Morris as our Man of the Match once) they will always be northern monkeys
"Northern monkeys"? Do you realise whats been going on there recently with the manager leaving.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I like watching lower league football, when it's on telly. It reminds me how I've watched most of my live games.
I wouldn't go to watch them up there though....unless we drew them in a cup comp

'l wouldn't go and watch them "up" there' . . . crikey Crawley isn't in another country you know, it is still very much part of Sussex. :ffsparr:

You Brightonians, Sussex does still carry on north of Patcham!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If as i suspect the Police wont want Brighton and Crawley playing at home on the same day, the PL fixture will sort that anyway & if you cant afford getting to Brighton away games it might attract a few Brighton fans to Crawley in addition not as deflection. I believe Brighton has always had a large fan base in the Horsham area i.e. down the road from Crawley. Good luck to them.

It won't concern the police one iota if both the Albion and Crawley play at home on the same day. With Crawley's average home gate being barely more than 2,000, that isn't a lot more than some far more local non-league sides much closer to the Albion were getting for many home games last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here