Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crap footballing career moves

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
this year he has had 2 starts upfront and has scored 4.

have any of those been in premiership??

i think he could be an AMAZING player, seen him play a couple of times live and he is lightning. gets kicked off the ball too easily and is scared of defenders when he plays for Arsenal

Different player for England U21's. Quality. Just wish Wenger would put more faith in him and play him, if he doesnt play, he wont improve, thats why I said it was a bad move for him.

Wenger just doenst seem to like playing English players, which is why it is a bad move for Walcott. But then again someone told me that the last England Squad had 3 products of the Arsenal youth system (all of which have left Arsenal)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The case of Dean Hammond.

After last night's results, I think it is fair to say that the chance of him playing Championship football next season would have been higher if he'd stayed with the big club.

Oh well, he's now carving himself a career with a tin pot set up in Essex.

*shrug*

Personally I never rated him anyway.

To be fair though he'll probably be playing in the same division as us next year but on a higher wage and a nice 25k signing on fee burning a hole in his pocket so personally he is better off.

Whether it turns out to be a crap move will remain to be seen.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The case of Dean Hammond.

After last night's results, I think it is fair to say that the chance of him playing Championship football next season would have been higher if he'd stayed with the big club.

Oh well, he's now carving himself a career with a tin pot set up in Essex.

*shrug*

Personally I never rated him anyway.

Good point well made :thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
have any of those been in premiership??

i think he could be an AMAZING player, seen him play a couple of times live and he is lightning. gets kicked off the ball too easily and is scared of defenders when he plays for Arsenal

Different player for England U21's. Quality. Just wish Wenger would put more faith in him and play him, if he doesnt play, he wont improve, thats why I said it was a bad move for him.

Wenger just doenst seem to like playing English players, which is why it is a bad move for Walcott. But then again someone told me that the last England Squad had 3 products of the Arsenal youth system (all of which have left Arsenal)

2 of them were in the birmingham match where eduardo broke his leg. it somewhat outshone walcotts man of the match performance sadly. In the last 2 months he has been fantastic. picked up 3 man of the matches in the 5 hes played. and that includes coming on as an early sub in 2.

also set up adebayor for the open goal miss against milan at emirates.

I honestly think this argument wont even exist in 1 year. wenger has stated that he was developing him into a striker and there was no point playing him and having him kicked about.

regarding the england point Bentley was a fantastic talent. and everone at the club knew it. But at the time he was an 19 year old behind bergkamp, pires, ljungberg.

Its not an anti english feeling at arsenal, but basically, english aren't good enough are they? which english players would honestly come to arsenal? all are far to tied to the clubs they were raised at. And if i was a chairman i would much rather have mr wenger spending a combined 6 million on on our champs league midfield( flamini 2 million, fabregas 500k, diaby 2 million, eboue 500k) than the required 16 million pounds for carrick and 20 million for hargreaves.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't agree with the Wallcott one. If there was one club I would want to go to as a youngster it would be Arsenal. In one or two years Wallcott will probably be the best player in the premier league.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Richard Wright, Ipswich to Arsenal
Scott Parker, Charlton to Chelsea
Harry Redknapp, Portsmouth to Southampton.
Patrick Vieira, Arsenal to Juventus.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
hes goal ratio was over 1 in 2 at madrid. best strike record they have had in years[/QUOTEh

How many games did he actually start?
How many games did he actually play?
How long was e there for?
What were his career stats before he went to Real Madrid?

www.soccerbase.com - The Internet Soccer Database

I see what you're saying but in the season he played in Spain he scored more goals per minutes spent on the pitch than anyone else. It wasn't the best move ever but it also wasn't a total disaster.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Owen was in Madrid from August 04 to August 05. He made 20 starts with 15 sub appearances and scored 13 goals. This info from Soccerbase.

Edit: Chapman's got there before me. I don't think it was a bad season - the Madrilenos liked him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here