Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crap footballing career moves

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Mark Beeney to Leeds... altho admittedly he saved the car park by doing so.

Mutu and Kezman to Chelsea.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nugent to pompey

good shout.

he has gone from an england debut scorer(i know it was a tap in but still...) who was much sort after, and who championship commentators raved about, to a player who cant get a game and now has been slagged off by his own manager for being 'lazy' and a 'bad trainer'.

he didnt even call back ipswich, who showed interest in loaning him. idiot.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ps francis jeffers to arsenal is one, although it hurts me as i always thought he played well for arsenal, just too many good players infront of him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Andy Richie to us

Rebrov to Spurs

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sidwell to Chelsea

From a footballing perspective I agree. From a financial point of view, he probably doesn't regret it.

I expect him to move to another team in the summer. One that is better than Reading (so that rules out Newcastle) and worse than Chelsea.

Keane to Inter Milan - a good move for a player in his mid 20's, but not an 18 year old

I don't really see how the Keane move was a bad one; got to play (admittedly only about 2 games) for Inter Milan, also got 2 seperate (and no doubt massive) signing on fees in the space of about 3 months, moved to a big (at the time) Premiership club and has carved out a good career for himself. Okay so he never quite became the worldbeater that was predicted but he's still a flipping good player, and I bet he's done alright for himself money wise.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Theo Walcott - Southampton - L'Arsenal

i might be biased but i wouldnt agree with that one yet. He is now only 18, and is starting games with adebayor. the main reason for it taking two years was wenger citing walcotts potential as a striker rather than a winger so he is currently in the transition period.

this year he has had 2 starts upfront and has scored 4. and with eduardo injured he is certainly progressing.

the milan game summed this up. threw him on, outpaced the defence and set up adebayor brilliantly to seal the tie.

under wengers guidance i have alot of confidence. remember a certain thierry henry going through the same winger-striker transition a few years back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here