Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crap Crowd

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 5

Over priced.

hans me and you did not go yesterday so we are not in a position to have apop really, I for one would have hurled abuse and maybe booed at the end if I could be arsed but from what I heard people did not boo much at the end as they had been battered into submission. For me not booing is an even more dangerous thing after such a load of shite as it means the supporters do not care anymore and that is a very worrying path to go down. I would rather have people boo as it means they have passion and feeling
As Liz Costa said to me at the end ... the booboys left after the third goal went in.

The most telling comment on the team's performance was the ovation given to Hooper when he was substituted.

Ian Hart claimed it was all about recognising a quality hattrick. It wasn't. It was a statement made to OUR players.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
i think all comments on withdean are right, especially from u.s. To charge £25 which from what i heard yesterday is the highest in the league is a joke, especially for the fans that cannot commit to a season ticket. I agree further with the catering point, ive stopped buying food there due to the amount of times its made me ill, and still they rip you off further. The away fans point is also right, ive been speaking to many opposition fans when going to away games, and they avoid our club because have heard about the view, and price, which also dampens the atmosphere having just 200 away fans many weeks. I do have a season ticket, and always will, although every year im starting to enjoy it less and less. Ill still go because I want to watch my team, but fully understand those who stay away. At the moment i enjoy sitting on a train all day to go to an away game more than our home games, even if we lose, because the atmosphere makes it a much better day out. Imo the best way forward is to get as many fans in for the last two years, and just lower prices to say £15 quid a game, or a tenner in south stand perhaps, but the stupid f***ing league only let us change our prices for something like 4 games a year.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The most telling comment on the team's performance was the ovation given to Hooper when he was substituted.

Ian Hart claimed it was all about recognising a quality hattrick. It wasn't. It was a statement made to OUR players.

Scoring a hat-trick away from home, against a fancied side who have only conceded 2 goals in 6 games, is an achievement, give the bloke some credit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Barely noticeable in G - H blocks. They managed about a second and gave up. It was very different on the previous occasion.

I think Ed's right on this one.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
I agree as stated earlier in the thread that you feel stupid starting a chant, because 99% of the time those around you don't join in.
The England band would have job to get us going.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If you're that bothered get your arse to Withdean and try and create an atmosphere. If you don't go then shut the f*** up moaning.

Spot on, if you were there yesterday I can guarantee you wouldn't have been creating any sort of atmosphere.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Some might say he is passionate about his club. I support Albion I do not go to Withdean to appreciate and applaude the oppostion team. Maybe thats the problem we have too many people who aren't real Albion fans just on a day out to watch a game of football without caring who wins.

Top post mate. This is what winds me up - people saying Im not paying £25 to watch Scunthorpe. Yes - Scunthorpe are the opposition but correct me if im wrong arent you supposed to be going there to cheer on the Albion??? I dont care who we are playing - Scunthorpe, Forest Green, Manchester United - thats the reason I go to Withdean to cheer on the Albion.
Also these idiots who claim they dont want to get wet, where did these people stand at the Goldstone ground then? Admittidley there was cover but back in the old days when there were huge crowds there on the side terraces did they mind getting wet then?

This club now has too many moaners, too many for its own good. We all know the Withdean experience is far from ideal but what can we do? If we all had the same attitude as some of the people on here would we have an Albion to cheer on at all?

Come on you Seagulls!

I am a ST holder at Withdean only because Brighton is the town/city of my birth, but If I can find a reason not to go then that's fine by me, we have been there far to long, we have crossed to many T and dotted to many I, and to be honest I enjoyed watching us at the Priestfield more so than Withdean.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Sod the atmosphere.
If we'd had 8,000 whingers there yesterday rather than 5,500, it would provide funds to improve the team!!
Sorry but it's a bit rich when people who weren't there criticise those who were for not getting behind the team.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I applauded him for both the above reasons :clap:+:rant:=:down:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Not from where I was sitting, the round of applause was a nice touch - was hardly something aimed at our players.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sorry but it's a bit rich when people who weren't there criticise those who were for not getting behind the team.

Assuming that comment is aimed at me amongst others - I have been to a great many games over nearly 30 years and this is the first game I have missed this season. I am making a point about the crowd at Withdean generally and not just at this specific game.

Put your own persecution complex aside and consider the point - would it help if the crowd got behind the team during the game? Does it hinder the team if the crowd moan and gripe for the whole match?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here