Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig noone going!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Earnshaw has anything left to offer at this level, why are Cardiff prepared to let him go? He is a Cardiff legend, and that means it's the ideal place for him to finish his career as they will cut him more slack than any other club would. Once he's finished there, I reackon he's finished completely. No-one should take earnshaw from Cardiff.

agree with that.

if there is one thing Gus is consistent about it's saying that he wants players who will be with us for two or three years at least and players who can adapt to our style of play. Someone on the north side of 30 is frankly unlikely to fulfill either criteria.

I like Nooney as much for his attitude off the pitch as on it and it would be sad to see him leave so soon - I appreciate "is fooball" as Gus would say but, particularly with Kaz out, I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Earnshaw has never really hacked it in the Championship, he's bounced around and ended up at Cardiff as they lost Chopra. If he's surplus to trheir requirements then what use is he to us ? He's no target man for a start. The offer would have to be over a million and in cash, Cardiff don't have a very good credit rating right now.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Earnshaw has never really hacked it in the Championship, he's bounced around and ended up at Cardiff as they lost Chopra. If he's surplus to trheir requirements then what use is he to us ? He's no target man for a start. The offer would have to be over a million and in cash, Cardiff don't have a very good credit rating right now.

hmmm. Didn't Earnshaw score 14 goals in the Prem with a struggling WBA side?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Noone is going nowhere, he loves it here

Might be able to negotiate himself a little payrise now though.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
1. Makes no sense to let Noone go at this stage in both a) the development of our squad and b) this stage of Nooney's career - he will only get better. Why let a rival Championship club benefit from his best years, especially for a paltry £750k?

2. Earnshaw is not exactly pulling up trees at Cardiff, not the player he was 5 years ago, might as well have kept Billy Paynter (not!).

3. Finally I don't think CMS would be too impressed if thats the sort of team we will build around him!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Earnshaw has never really hacked it in the Championship.

Are you serious? He's one of the most proven Championship goalscorers in the past few years. 166 goals in 299 starts during his career suggests otherwise, I'd say that's a bloody impressive record. If anyone has any other players with a record like that, at 30, and with a chance of us affording them please do fire away.

Cannot believe some people think Earnshaw's a poor player. Read the Cardiff forums, they still rate him, just doesn't suit their style of play, most think he'd bang in 10 goals for us between january and may.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Earnshaw is a good player but i would prefer to keep noone.

Seems to me that this deal would be entirely down to how the player himself feels about it, its far from the kind of money that would force our hand.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
hmmm. Didn't Earnshaw score 14 goals in the Prem with a struggling WBA side?

Are you serious? He's one of the most proven Championship goalscorers in the past few years. 166 goals in 299 starts during his career suggests otherwise, I'd say that's a bloody impressive record. If anyone has any other players with a record like that, at 30, and with a chance of us affording them please do fire away.

Cannot believe some people think Earnshaw's a poor player. Read the Cardiff forums, they still rate him, just doesn't suit their style of play, most think he'd bang in 10 goals for us between january and may.

Don't go letting FACTS get in the way of a goold old fashioned NSC Moanfest*

*Moanfest, the precursor to the Binfest (c) North Stand Chat 2008

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think there is a very good chance of Noone going sadly. However I would be surprised if Earnshaw came. That said I used to rate him very highly as a goalscorer and therefore would definitely be a useful squad player.

Still not the target man we desperately need though.

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
Fair enough not wanting Noone to go, but anyone who thinks Earnshaw wouldn't be a good signing needs their head examining. We need goals badly = sign one of the most proven Championship strikers out there. Do the math, as those annoying Yanks say.

Agree

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The thing that annoys me more than anything is that Cardiff City, a club of similar stature and league position to ourselves, would think they could get away with offering such a low figure in attempt to turn the player's head - as if he's going to think "oooh, Cardiff, that's a big step UP". f***ing hell, if there is a ever a club that is on a par with us, it's Cardiff.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
This sounds like a rubbish deal tbh, lose one of the supply lines and not solve the actual problem. I can't see Earnshaw being able to operate effectively without a target man alongside him any more than CMS can.

I would be quite irritated if this rumour actually turned out to be true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here