Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail Smith, You are the weakest link.... Goodbye

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really LIKE him, but no, I simply don't think he is effective enough in our side. Firmly in the 'lets move on' camp.
I used to really LIKE him, but that has given way to being frustrated at the way he has under-performed. However, if we sell him for £2.5 or less, it would be disastrous as there is no way we will get anyone better in.

My gut feeling is that we are stuck with him unless a team like Norwich offer something close to £3m AND we ALSO have a player like Austin line up to come here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I really LIKE him, but no, I simply don't think he is effective enough in our side. Firmly in the 'lets move on' camp.

I understand your point. Unless Gus plays 2 up top we won't see the best of him and if we do that we lose a centre mid don't we.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I understand your point. Unless Gus plays 2 up top we won't see the best of him and if we do that we lose a centre mid don't we.

He is not playing for us, like a man worth close to £3m. The longer we keep him, the bigger chunk of that we'll have to write off. He's no nipper.

If Norwich would like to give us what we paid, I'd 100% take it. If they'd like to throw in Jackson or Morrison as part of the deal, that would be interesting, too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But that would be one of the holding ones, so hardly an issue.

Gus showed us the light against Bolton, then rapidly snuffed it out, last night.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
CMS scored 2 stunners at Burnley, do you think they'd take him plus 3 mill for Austin?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I have no issue with our system, in fact I like it and do think it is effective. It just lacks a striker who can hold it up and is a threat in the air.

CMS is neither I'm afraid. Not his fault, just surprising Gus thought he would be the answer when he let Murray go.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I genuinly can't recall him missing a header on the goal line?!

That was AEA?

I dont think CMS is consistent enough. Yea he scored a amazing over head kick, and his pirouette in he box against Leeds but what winds me up, and it seems the majority on here, is that when he is presented with a golden chance he fucks it up.

Against Palace he was 1 on 1 with the keeper at the beginning of the 2nd half and he bottled it, could of changed the game completely. (yes still a little bitter)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is not playing for us, like a man worth close to £3m. The longer we keep him, the bigger chunk of that we'll have to write off. He's no nipper.

If Norwich would like to give us what we paid, I'd 100% take it. If they'd like to throw in Jackson or Morrison as part of the deal, that would be interesting, too.
£3m paying cash up front doesn't get you much. Which is a freakin ridiculous statement to write, but does stand up when you look at who might be available for such a figure.

I do think your right, CMS' VFM isn't looking good, but I think [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] is right too, unless spending large, the replacement isn't going to bang in 20, just like that, either.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
£3m paying cash up front doesn't get you much. Which is a freakin ridiculous statement to write, but does stand up when you look at who might be available for such a figure.

I do think your right, CMS' VFM isn't looking good, but I think [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] is right too, unless spending large, the replacement isn't going to bang in 20, just like that, either.

Its not just the goals, he cant even hold the ball up for our midfielders to latch onto, how goals has our midfield scored this season?

Not a lot from memory.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its not just the goals, he cant even hold the ball up for our midfielders to latch onto, how goals has our midfield scored this season?

Not a lot from memory.
Because they aren't there.
They are not going to score all standing in the centre circle.

You're not wrong, but you really look at how many easy outlets CMS has after he has received the ball.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You're not wrong, but you really look at how many easy outlets CMS has after he has received the ball.

To be fair, after he's 'recieved' it, he has to go and chase it, before he can start to even think about who to pass it to.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Agreed, it would help if Gus started at least one attcking midfielder in the middle for once, someone with quick feet maybe.

Mmm, maybe someone who played that position for another pass heavy team now doing well in the prem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, after he's 'recieved' it, he has to go and chase it, before he can start to even think about who to pass it to.
It's a tough day to be Team CMS, because there is very little room to argue back.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't think bloom should trust Poyet to spend big on strikers, it just hasn't worked.

You're right.

I mean ALL of those times Poyet has spent BIG on a striker and it hasn't worked like....ummm...cms and .....ummmm...hmmm...cm..oh no I've said him....

Ok. I make that ONE. Also, for a striker that 'hasn't worked' so dramatically as for the chairmen to not 'trust' Poyet to spend big again, a 1 in 2 goal ratio is hardly a signal of that.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
You're right.

I mean ALL of those times Poyet has spent BIG on a striker and it hasn't worked like....ummm...cms and .....ummmm...hmmm...cm..oh no I've said him....

Ok. I make that ONE. Also, for a striker that 'hasn't worked' so dramatically as for the chairmen to not 'trust' Poyet to spend big again, a 1 in 2 goal ratio is hardly a signal of that.

Hoskins, Dobbie, Vokes. Painter?? The latter 2 on loan admittedly but Gus hasn't a clue when it comes to Strikers. I admire your loyalty, but FFS open your eyes

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hoskins, Dobbie, Vokes. Painter??

Vokes and Paynter wern't bought so not big signings.

Hosklins was certainly not 'big money' by any stretch for a championship team and Dobbie was not expensive either.

CMS has been our only big buy and it's hardly been dreadful. I know I say it again but, despite his bad perfomances at points, 1 in 2 is still a very good ratio. I'm not saying that's necessarily enough to warrant keeping him, but it's certainly not as shabby as you would expect when reading some peoples reaction to him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Vokes and BBB were all that was available that fitted Gus' remit.
BBB was a huge straw clutch, Vokes might have worked out better, but didn't so not a major problem.
Chalk it up and move on.

It's not as if either have set the world alight, once away from The AMEX.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here