Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Davies Signs for Spireites

Davies Signs for Spireites
Posted on: Tue 06 Jul 2010
By Paul Camillin

Craig Davies has signed for Chesterfield on a free transfer after agreeing a settlement for the remaining year of his contract.

Welsh international Davies, who joins the Spireites on a one-year deal, made 21 senior appearances during his time with Albion, scoring one goal, on his debut in a 4-2 defeat to Peterborough United.

He arrived at the club with a decent League One scoring record, from spells with Oldham and Stockport County, but the strong and speedy striker was unable to recapture that form on the south coast. He spent much of last season out on loan, including a successful spell in League Two at Port Vale, under former Seagulls boss Micky Adams.

Gus Poyet said, "On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank Craig for his efforts during his time here at Brighton, and wish him well for the future."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That will be Gus that binned him?

Without playing him once? One of Gus' gaffes getting rid of Davies imo. I rated him and the shit he got from so called fans was disgusting

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Without playing him once? One of Gus' gaffes getting rid of Davies imo. I rated him and the shit he got from so called fans was disgusting

That

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's right. ONE of Gus's gaffes. One of the many meaning that we only made it to the top of League One for three months. Gus OUT!

Don't be a twat. He has made some gaffes, if you don't wish to admit it that's fine. It's not like I made an attack on him ffs

Off the top of my head

Davies
Weakened teams in cup games
Throwing wobbly's about fans booing (part of a what happens in football, don't be so precious)

Far outweighed by the good things he's done but some of the arse licking of Gus THE GOD is a bit off putting imo

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I wouldnt call it a gaffe yet to be fair, ok he is doing well in League 2 and if IF he then went to QPR or a champ club and scored hatfuls then maybe I would say it was, but not yet.

And yes I have been mildly critical of Gus occasionally (such as his FA cup team selections for example).

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wouldnt call it a gaffe yet to be fair, ok he is doing well in League 2 and if IF he then went to QPR or a champ club and scored hatfuls then maybe I would say it was, but not yet.

And yes I have been mildly critical of Gus occasionally (such as his FA cup team selections for example).

To clarify - I meant gaffe in not giving him a chance in the 1st team. Just imo and it could quite easily be bollocks, but as I say just an opinion..not a fact!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He played him more than once.
Anyway my point was that it seems a bit daft to suggest Poyet would have turned him into some sort of world beater when the man himself clearly didn't rate him.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What everybody seems to forget when slating Gus for not playing Davies more often is that he saw him day in day out in training and saw what he could or couldnt do and possibly based his opinion on this.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He played him more than once.

Suprised to read that. He was loaned out to Yeovil in Sept last year and then to Port Vale and left for Chesterfield before this season started this year, so what games did Gus play him in?

How do you know it was Gus that wanted Davies to leave? It could have been Davies who wanted to leave the club and start afresh elsewhere.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can I just say that this seems to be a thread where eveyone who thinks Davies was the best thing since sliced bread has come out from beneath the woodwork to say so.

I'm perfectly happy to admit I thought he was useless, shite, a liability, call it what you will. Good luck to the lad for turning it around but I can't see him being successful at QPR in a million years and I don't believe this rumour for a minute. He made Lloyd Owusu look like Torres.

Holyroyd, Robinson and Davies can all score at League 2 level. The Jury is still out if any of them can play at a higher level.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Suprised to read that. He was loaned out to Yeovil in Sept last year and then to Port Vale and left for Chesterfield before this season started this year, so what games did Gus play him in?
Pretty sure he was back from Yeovil by the time Gus came in, it was Slade that sent him there (another one that didn't rate him). He definitely featured in at least a handful of games under Gus.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How do you know it was Gus that wanted Davies to leave? It could have been Davies who wanted to leave the club and start afresh elsewhere.

Given the reaction of some of our fans you could hardly blame him if he did want out, but I doubt he really wanted to drop a division unless it was made clear he had no future here. Who knows? It's all just internet speculation but those that abused him whilst he was playing should hang their heads imo as they certainly did not help him or his confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here