Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like he'll be signing for QPR when the transfer window opens!!

Did we have a sell on clause?

Will the odd jobs man at Loftus Road be able to construct a barndoor for shooting practice ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That Wycombe goal was NOT offside. To this day it slightly annoys me. The ball was played backwards/sideways, not forwards.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was such a moment of relief as well after he had completely sliced two previous efforts from practically the same spot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you had a thread about his many misses it would go to 10 pages. Cant for the life of me think that Warnock who I consider to be a good manager would even think about signing him. He was totally out of his depth in Div 1 so no hope for a side looking to make the Prem.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We clearly don't have a sell on clause since we released him.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
If you had a thread about his many misses it would go to 10 pages. Cant for the life of me think that Warnock who I consider to be a good manager would even think about signing him. He was totally out of his depth in Div 1 so no hope for a side looking to make the Prem.

Well Warnock is on a quest to sign every forward that's ever played professional football.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he was brilliant at hereford away - the only good game i saw him have for us

he obviously had a bit of talent despite what some of the mongs on here will say, but at the end of the day it simply didnt work for him here and we had to get rid. wouldnt surprise me to see him be one of those players who failed for us yet goes onto look good for somebody at an equal or higher level

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, fair enough everyone, he probably could've been good enough for Brighton, but can we focus on and discuss the fact he may shortly be going to what will probably be a PREMIERSHIP team in a few months time?

Has anyone ever made the jump from League Two to Prem and done anything?

Last edited:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Davies looked really good in the games where McNulty played at LB, he didn't just aimlessly lump the ball up front and hope, he picked out Davies to feet or chest every time. Granted when he got infront of goal he lacked confidence but I really felt that he could become a really good player for us.

Not sure where the QPR rumours have come from and very much doubt that they would be after a L2 player, but I feel that he definitely feel that he has something to offer at a higher level.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Yes, fair enough everyone, he probably could've been good enough for Brighton, but can we focus on a discuss the fact he may shortly be going to what will probably be a PREMIERSHIP team in a few months time?

Has anyone ever made the jump from League Two to Prem and done anything?

Indeed. Just look at how Beckford's struggling.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You could see the potential at Wycombe away when he was getting in the right positions and looking dangerous- The goal was never offside either..
Claiming it was wrong for him to get abused at MK- Maybe a tad harsh, but in the heat of the moment, and after the amount of chances he missed in those few months when we were on the verge of relegation, it was bound to happen.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
he was brilliant at hereford away - the only good game i saw him have for us

he obviously had a bit of talent despite what some of the mongs on here will say, but at the end of the day it simply didnt work for him here and we had to get rid. wouldnt surprise me to see him be one of those players who failed for us yet goes onto look good for somebody at an equal or higher level

Scotty I completely agree with your opinion of Craig Davies, but I am uncomfortable with your use of the word mong as a term of abuse since it has an association with sufferers of Down's Syndrome. I'm probably being over sensitive here but this is a place where we can express our opinions.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Good for him, hope this works out for him. I've always been a fan of his, he certainly has plenty of potential.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Come on Snoopy, where are you? :lol:

If he'd scored in the last minute at home to Northampton, he would have been an absolute player for us. But the manner in which he missed was so spectacular, he never managed it.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
That Wycombe goal was NOT offside. To this day it slightly annoys me. The ball was played backwards/sideways, not forwards.

Agreed, great goal, he changed the game when he came on that day, got an assist and won a penatly, aswell as scoring what would have been the winner! Poor guy just never seemed to get any luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here