Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just for the record for the non-cognoscenti:

Davies - Works his socks off. Tries too hard. Tries to bust the net from three yards. Thru rotten luck invariably misses. Will improve.

Murray - lazy c_uunt. Doesn't understand the offside rule. Doesn't give a shit whether the Albion win or lose so long as he maintains his crappy one-meaningless-goal-in-two-games ratio. Doesn't want to even be here. Unless his missus does.

You really are a very unpleasant individual Tom.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have a feeling Davies is going to be a very good player for us.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I have a feeling Davies is going to be a very good player for us.

I agree. But that won't stop many of the numpties on here from slagging him off at every opportunity. Let's just give him a chnace this season and see what he can do.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Just for the record for the non-cognoscenti:

Davies - Works his socks off. Tries too hard. Tries to bust the net from three yards. Thru rotten luck invariably misses. Will improve.

Murray - lazy c_uunt. Doesn't understand the offside rule. Doesn't give a shit whether the Albion win or lose so long as he maintains his crappy one-meaningless-goal-in-two-games ratio. Doesn't want to even be here. Unless his missus does.

Just in case you weren't aware, you generally win matches when you score GOALS, so having someone who scores one in two is actually pretty helpful.

I do like Davies and hope he improves, but the fact is he has had a fair few chances already.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray - one-meaningless-goal-in-two-games ratio. .

The secret you don't appear to have learnt is to stop digging when your opinions are proved to be 100% clueless...didn't this witch hunt start out as the hilarious one in ten Glenn?

Give the slagging off of Murray a rest, it's making you sound like a twat :p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
DogTurd.jpg

(I pay a tenner to REMF if he nets 15 - doubt he will)

Self portrait.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reading through this thread I have been pleasantly surprised how many people are positive about Davies and actually want him to do well. It's almost like being on a proper SUPPORTERS forum.

Of course he came here in a high pressure situation with a great deal of expectation (not least, I suspect, from himself) that he would be our saviour. He missed a couple of chances early doors and from then on he compensated by increasingly trying to kick the leather off the ball.....and with correspondingly diminishing returns. He was clearly shattered by the experience although I for one was really pleased with Slade's man management skills in keeping the lad involved and on the bench rather than just bowing to the crowd and relegating him to the reserves.
He clearly has ability - even to score goals as demonstrated before he came to us. He has a good work ethic and he has ball skills. He also has problems with temprement and is perhaps not the sharpest knife in the box (intended pun) given his turning up for an away international without realising he needed a passport.
I am not sure where he was living and what support from family etc he might have had having just moved down here and I did wonder how he fitted in with the drinking culture that does/did exist within the club? I have a feeling he may be susceptible to influence but be less able to cope than some? Certainly there are a number of factors that could have conspired to make a young man with clear ability, fail to perform to his and to our expectations.
I believe that many of those factors may have been resolved (or be in process of being resolved) over the summer. I think there is every prospect that he will start the season feeling more held or nurtured and that that is important. If he scores a goal or two in the first month then I think we have a potential 10 to 15 goal a season striker. If Slade can link that to a couple of 15 to 20 players and also get some goals from midfield then we should have no problem with securing a mid-table and above position and creating a platform for a subsequent promotion bid.
I for one would be very happy with that in what will be a very combative division in which there are many bigger hitters than us.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
ive got an idea....new manager...new season....rather then just say he is pony....lets get behind him and as fans of the club, perhaps support the team for once!

:nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ive got an idea....new manager...new season....rather then just say he is pony....lets get behind him and as fans of the club, perhaps support the team for once!

Do me a favour, with twats like WW why bother ? Withdean, f*** off and keep your retarded opinions to youreslf. I pity your family though.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Since you talk of pyschology, I'll tell you what really pissed me off the most about him. At Colchester away, when Slade came over to us thumping his chest with the rest of the team , one thing stood out amongst those scenes of jubilation. Davies just looked absolutely gutted again that he hadn't scored rather than just elated with the rest of the team that we'd got a result that could ( and did ) prove key to our survival. Yes, you'll say that proves your point about fans destorying his confidence, but to me it showed a player that's more interested in his own performances and has a desperate need just to be loved by the fans. If he's that desperate then I wonder how he'll ever cope with the inevitable barren spells that , as you say, all strikers get from time to time.

Or it showed just how much of an affect the abuse as had on him that he wasn't enjoying even being at the club, and that that result meant very little to him because he was feeling so down and unhappy.

I think he will become a very good player, but fear that if he doesn't start well next season or those fans continue with the abuse he got last season, then he will be totally soul destroyed and will want out asap.

He needs the fans to get behind him even if he does miss a few or takes several games to get off the mark.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Many ppl seem to forget that Davies had a fantastic strike rate for stockport at the beginning of season 07-08. He also played a key role in Stockport's 1-0 victory over us at EP. He is very quick, has a lethal shot on him but needs confidence. I reckon 10-15 goals this season, perhaps with a few goals coming off the bench.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

you get the prize for best and most encouraging post ......well said

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
confidence isnt the thing as when we signed him he must of been brimming with confidence.

He just isnt that great Im afraid

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not saying he's the next Zamora, but from what I've seen like many others on this thread, I think he has POTENTIAL. Yes he had some poor games but you need to put that in the context of the season, the bloke is a proper athlete and that alone is almost enough at this level.

Why fans need to get on a players back after a handful of games in which he has proved that he has many useful attributes is beyond me, you'd think people would've learned their lesson with Butters.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Will come good, couple of goals in pre-season will see him start the season well. Gets into positions just needs a bit of luck and we will see a different player from last season. His record elsewhere shows he can score

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seeing as most of us genuinely wish the lad well, might be a nice gesture and give his confidence a bit of a boost if NSC were to consider sponsoring his kit this season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Seeing as most of us genuinely wish the lad well, might be a nice gesture and give his confidence a bit of a boost if NSC were to consider sponsoring his kit this season.

Or Murray's.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The secret you don't appear to have learnt is to stop digging when your opinions are proved to be 100% clueless...didn't this witch hunt start out as the hilarious one in ten Glenn?

Give the slagging off of Murray a rest, it's making you sound like a twat :p

Haha, you've only just noticed? I think most have been ignoring his ridiculously ignorant, hate-filled rants for a few months now. Been proven wrong COUNTLESS times yet keeps it up.

Oh erm, apparently Murray is offside a lot. And yeah he scores goals just for himself and he makes sure Albion DON'T get the points for those goals.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

And remember, the cognoscenti are wrong MOST of the time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Can you please let us know what it is than Glenn did to your family?

Clearly this goes much deeper than just football, you actually have an irrational HATRED of the bloke. What's he done?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here