Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
DogTurd.jpg

(I pay a tenner to REMF if he nets 15 - doubt he will)

Any reason that dog shit appears to be on cooking foil ???

Have fun Having your Dinner WW :bigwave:

Reckon he will get 10+ goals and a bucket full of assists :) :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, just needs a pre season under his belt...relax a bit... will come good now the pressure of relegation is off :bla::bla::bla: :wozza:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think he'll do well next year. Clearly could be class - Like Revell but with much more talent. Don't think he'll ever be as good as Murray but fancy him to get 10 or so goals next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think certain people are too quick to pass judgement.

I will not decide for a while yet due to his age.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think certain people are too quick to pass judgement.

I will not decide for a while yet due to his age.

It's not like he only had a couple of games for us to go on though is it ?

I'd rather base my judgement on what I saw last season than put my trust in nonsense talk of... pre season and lack of pressure :bla::bla::bla:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Slade will bring out the best in him. If he features regularly (depends on transfers), I'll go for 15-20 goals next season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Slade will bring out the best in him. If he features regularly (depends on transfers), I'll go for 15-20 goals next season.

Hmmm...I suppose that's why Slade saw fit to only use him as a sub for the last four games of the season then is it ? :lol: Saving him for a good pre season workout no doubt so he can feature more prominently next season.

If he gets more than 15 goals for us next season then £10 of my hard earnt goes straight to REMF along with WW's.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Hmmm...I suppose that's why Slade saw fit to only use him as a sub for the last four games of the season then is it ? :lol: Saving him for a good pre season workout no doubt so he can feature more prominently next season.

If he gets more than 15 goals for us next season then £10 of my hard earnt goes straight to REMF along with WW's.

Slade had a very, very tough job to do. He certainly didn't have enough time to give Davies a chance, and if he did, we'd probably be in L2 right now. It was clear to see he had no confidence what so ever. He now has time to give him a chance and to play him how he wants him to play.

I'll see what happens in the transfer window and I may then be willing to counter your bet, and offer £10 to REMF if he doesn't get 15 goals.

:thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Slade had a very, very tough job to do. He certainly didn't have enough time to give Davies a chance, and if he did, we'd probably be in L2 right now. It was clear to see he had no confidence what so ever. He now has time to give him a chance and to play him how he wants him to play.

I'll see what happens in the transfer window and I may then be willing to counter your bet, and offer £10 to REMF if he doesn't get 15 goals.

:thumbsup:

So by your own admission Slade was unwilling to give Davies a chance as it would have cost us survival had he done so. Yet Slade is the man to turn him around :lolol: I'm only guessing of course, but I reckon if Davies had been out of contract then savvy Slade would almost certainly have released Davies too.

Once again referring back to my Stockport programme of last season for the stats, I see that Slade did initially give him a chance but soon realised he wasn't up to the job, and hence him finishing the last four games of the season as sub.

I really would love to know what's so magical about pre season training that turns poor players into world beaters in...well... the space of a pre season. I can't believe how many people on here have bought into all this pre season bollox.

Why not show your faith now with your £10 ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Because I'm expecting us to sign Carlos Tevez and Michael Owen tomorrow :thumbsup:

Come on now, don't cop out of the debate, or the wager for that matter. Anyway, don't get me started on Michael Owen :angry:

:jester:

Seriously though, I'm not really one for slagging off our own players ( yes yes, I know I've just spent several posts doing just that ) as I think as fans we should get behind the team at all times. However, there just seems to be so much crap written on here about Craig Davies needing a pre season and just a little bit of confidence that I feel duty bound to respond.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Come on now, don't cop out of the debate, or the wager for that matter. Anyway, don't get me started on Michael Owen :angry:

:jester:

Seriously though, I'm not really one for slagging off our own players ( yes yes, I know I've just spent several posts doing just that ) as I think as fans we should get behind the team at all times. However, there just seems to be so much crap written on here about Craig Davies needing a pre season and just a little bit of confidence that I feel duty bound to respond.

Agreed.

He's had 16 games and done f*** all.

Not sure how a few poxy games against Stevenage and AFC Wimbledon are going to change things. Just because he's fast, people are prepared to stick with him.

Him, Hawkins and Dixon - get rid.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What people like WW forgets is that he did well and scored when he joined us, but then got injured. He was rushed back too early, he missed a couple and some fans decided to make him a scapegoat for their frustation at how the season was turning out.

Having some of your own fans slating you at every opportunity hardly feels a player with confidence does it. Instead he felt under enormous pressure with every opportunity he had, especially after missing a couple, which is sure to affect him and make him far more likely to miss

As all strikers miss far more than they score, some of the abuse he received was completely unjustifiable and would never help him to improve and perform for us in the way they wanted. Those fans have no understanding of pyschology

I hope he proves the doubters wrong

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What people like WW forgets is that he did well and scored when he joined us, but then got injured. He was rushed back too early, he missed a couple and some fans decided to make him a scapegoat for their frustation at how the season was turning out.

Having some of your own fans slating you at every opportunity hardly feels a player with confidence does it. Instead he felt under enormous pressure with every opportunity he had, especially after missing a couple, which is sure to affect him and make him far more likely to miss

As all strikers miss far more than they score, some of the abuse he received was completely unjustifiable and would never help him to improve and perform for us in the way they wanted. Those fans have no understanding of pyschology

I hope he proves the doubters wrong

At MK Dons away I thought the abuse he got was out of order, even if it was understandable at the time given the performance of the WHOLE team. You're right that the poor bloke was made a scapegoat.

I just don't rate him from all that I've seen of him, bar the first game or two where his work rate was enough to get me interested. It soon became apparent though that work rate is by far and away his biggest asset and about the only thing of any value that he adds to the team. I know his record for Stockport on loan, but he just doesn't appear to be a natural goal scorer in anyway shape or form to me.

Since you talk of pyschology, I'll tell you what really pissed me off the most about him. At Colchester away, when Slade came over to us thumping his chest with the rest of the team , one thing stood out amongst those scenes of jubilation. Davies just looked absolutely gutted again that he hadn't scored rather than just elated with the rest of the team that we'd got a result that could ( and did ) prove key to our survival. Yes, you'll say that proves your point about fans destorying his confidence, but to me it showed a player that's more interested in his own performances and has a desperate need just to be loved by the fans. If he's that desperate then I wonder how he'll ever cope with the inevitable barren spells that , as you say, all strikers get from time to time.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I dont think people like WW are really interested in things like that they're more interested in putting on an act to draw attention to themselves on the internet.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Imo he Is fit to wear the shirt but the fact he wears number 25 a shirt that should be retired imo is a f***ing disgrace :rant:

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
He can score goals at this level, not easy coming into a team in the position we were in with a heck of a lot of pressure resting on his shoulders. Should be far more relaxed at the start of the season now that we are gonna be playing League 1 football again and going for the right end, get that first goal and hopefully they will start flying in.

Also as THPP said, he really has to stop trying to destroy the net, that miss at Mk Dons was horrible to watch.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think the most crucial comment is that he really does need to RELAX in front of goal.

That's about right. Fact that he seems to try to blast everything is another sign of him feeling the pressure. New season, clean slate. If he gets off to a good start he could have a good season. I trust Russ to get the best out of him. If he was really no good, RT would have got rid.

Some players respond to stick and some to carrot - I suspect that if the fans really got behind him and tried to empathise with him from the off, he'd respond well and we'd all see what he can really do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here