Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPFC Nigel's

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
you're board is open to all fans, live with it! Just because i am a palace fan, doesn't make me any less of a man than you are. I can discuss matters with who i want, you do not have to reply nor read the post
y
o
u
are
n
o
t
a
man
y
o
u
are
a
slug

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
This is true, but as his father you have a duty to him to teach him right from wrong in your actions and in the words you choose to use in front of him.

Now I am not talking about Johnny, I am talking about me. My old man took me to my first palace game when I was a youngster. We witnessed a fight but my parents taught me what is right in life and what is wrong

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Now I am not talking about Johnny, I am talking about me. My old man took me to my first palace game when I was a youngster. We witnessed a fight but my parents taught me what is right in life and what is wrong

Didn't do too well, you support palace :D

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Did your old man sing racist or homophobic songs?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So when you come to our backyard and sing songs about us being pikeys, you should all be nicked?

The Police aren't going to nick anyone for shouting nigels, the same way they aren't going to arrest someone for singing 'does your boyfriend know you're here' or 'we can see you holding hands'. That is clear. However, if it becomes offensive they might because it's illegal and that's the risk you take if you're being offensive in a public place anywhere. Whether it's wrong or wrong in your view it's quite a simple idea.

I still don't see why this is the fault of Brighton fans.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I was told to "f*** off back to Brighton you gay c**t" by a Norwich fan once. As I was walking out of the ground holding my girlfriend's hand!

So I punched him.

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
Did your old man sing racist or homophobic songs?

Never, what he sung when I was not there is another story but when I was there he sung along with all the naughty words and stuff, so did I. It stopped after I walked through the turnstiles on the way out. Which is where it should stop!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
or a few 'light-hearted' monkey noises at the black players? Is that OK too?

There is something radically different to singing does your boyfriend now you are here or Sheep Shaggers to making monkey noises towards black players etc. Seems clear to me. Maybe i am lucky but havent heard racist chanting at a brighton game for years and it seems to me it would be instantly self policed. Not being gay or black i cant really say - but i feel abusing some in a football ground due to colour is not accpetable, whereas pretty much everything else is. Strange, eees complicated.

Hello BHAFC supporters, I am indeed a Palace fan, ( pikey, Nigel, chav ) what ever your preferred choice of name is. I just want to stick my ore in about the Homophobic chanting issue.

I am a little disgruntled to hear that two saints fans have been arrested over the matter as I don't see what the big deal is.

I am in no way Anti Gay, homophobic or have any bad words to say about Gay people! Life is yours and I feel people can have the choice on how they live it. I would never ever approach somebody in the street and start chanting, '' you take it up the bum'' or '' we can see you holding hands '' This would be indeed wrong and worthy of being cuffed.

However in a football ground I feel that the circumstances are different, chanting like this should be taken light - heartedly! What is so different about Seagull fans calling us Pikeys and chavs? Is this not racist? Chanting ''The wheels on your house go around and round'' I cant see a difference.

If this was not your team, in all honesty, what would be your opinion on the matter?

Please no abusive posts, you will be wasting your time writing them!

Good luck for the season!
another jcl:facepalm:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Don't care if I get got shot down but the Palace fan is spot on.

The world has gone crazy. Soon we won't be able to call Spurs fans Yids in case it upsets the Jews. We won't be able to call Watford dirty northern bastards in case we upset the northeners. We won't be able to insinuate Cardiff/Swansea/Derby have relations with sheep in case we upset shepherds. We won't be able to call Wigan pie eaters in case we upset fat people. We won't.......well I'm sure you get the idea.

The poofs need to man up and accept it's a bit of banter.

The old bill will try and whack a football banning order on you for farting these days. Does anyone genuinely think those saints fans (and the Watford chap) deserve a 3 year ban from football for a chant irrespective of what was actually said?!?! I'm sure we've all heard worse and I expect in allot of cases sang worse ourselves.

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
There is something radically different to singing does your boyfriend now you are here or Sheep Shaggers to making monkey noises towards black players etc. Seems clear to me. Maybe i am lucky but havent heard racist chanting at a brighton game for years and it seems to me it would be instantly self policed. Not being gay or black i cant really say - but i feel abusing some in a football ground due to colour is not accpetable, whereas pretty much everything else is. Strange, eees complicated.

Nice post, I agree it is a dark area in football. I think if people in a football ground heard racial abuse they would take the law in to their own hands. There is no explanation but racial abuse based on colour is a no no

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I was told to "f*** off back to Brighton you gay c**t" by a Norwich fan once. As I was walking out of the ground holding my girlfriend's hand!

So I punched him.

I had a Watford fan say something similar to me once, I retorted with "f*** off your chairman is Elton John" he didn't have a come back to that!

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
Don't care if I get got shot down but the Palace fan is spot on.

The world has gone crazy. Soon we won't be able to call Spurs fans Yids in case it upsets the Jews. We won't be able to call Watford dirty northern bastards in case we upset the northeners. We won't be able to insinuate Cardiff/Swansea/Derby have relations with sheep in case we upset shepherds. We won't be able to call Wigan pie eaters in case we upset fat people. We won't.......well I'm sure you get the idea.

The poofs need to man up and accept it's a bit of banter.

The old bill will try and whack a football banning order on you for farting these days. Does anyone genuinely think those saints fans (and the Watford chap) deserve a 3 year ban from football for a chant irrespective of what was actually said?!?! I'm sure we've all heard worse and I expect in allot of cases sang worse ourselves.

Spot on, I am not all that bright but that is what I was trying to say in my first post!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here