Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPFC Nigel's

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm all for chanting like this in the ground, with both sets of fans dishing it out. However outside the ground should be punishable by law, Yes! Do you not fear it is going to be blown out of proportion though, giving Brighton a bad reputation although YOU ARE DOING NOTHING WRONG?

It will only give use a bad reputation with knuckle draggers which I have no problem with at all. f*** 'em. If they are thick enough to do something against the law in ear shot of the Police well frankly I am not bothered by what they think.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Hello BHAFC supporters, I am indeed a Palace fan, ( pikey, Nigel, chav ) what ever your preferred choice of name is. I just want to stick my ore in about the Homophobic chanting issue.

I am a little disgruntled to hear that two saints fans have been arrested over the matter as I don't see what the big deal is.

I am in no way Anti Gay, homophobic or have any bad words to say about Gay people! Life is yours and I feel people can have the choice on how they live it. I would never ever approach somebody in the street and start chanting, '' you take it up the bum'' or '' we can see you holding hands '' This would be indeed wrong and worthy of being cuffed.

However in a football ground I feel that the circumstances are different, chanting like this should be taken light - heartedly! What is so different about Seagull fans calling us Pikeys and chavs? Is this not racist? Chanting ''The wheels on your house go around and round'' I cant see a difference.

If this was not your team, in all honesty, what would be your opinion on the matter?

Please no abusive posts, you will be wasting your time writing them!

Good luck for the season!

In fear of being shot down I tend to agree with you...

there are to many thin skinned people on this board who cry now about " we can see you holding hands etc" BUT they are willing to give it back ie sheep shaggers, pikeys etc..

Its a football ground, NOT Mcdonalds, a kindergarten or the National Opera.

Men go to football after a week of hard work (most) and want to enjoy themselves...this does not involve being silent because mummy and daddy dont want young Quentin to hear a naught word.

Do I swear at Work? Yes I do, Do I swear in the pub? Yes, Do I swear at football? Yes...
My kids went to the Goldstone aged about 8 and 10 during the belloitti/ Archer times..it never affected them....and that was not just swearing but violence as well.

Bring your kids I have no problem with that....BUT dont start moaning if they have to hear a few choice words inside the ground.

( Apologies slight thread creep I know)

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
Gotta agree with you there Nige

Thanks terry! See you're picture, although it says nothing about us Nigels, it is directed at palace fans! You're a racist! Just kidding, I think you should try and photo shop Selhurst in the background making sure to include sainsburys', then it would get top marks!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Thanks terry! See you're picture, although it says nothing about us Nigels, it is directed at palace fans! You're a racist! Just kidding, I think you should try and photo shop Selhurst in the background making sure to include sainsburys', then it would get top marks!
:thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Fair play, but what would happen if you have 2 -3000 people chanting a '' Homophobic chant '' ?

Unfortunately if fans can't/won't accept that this is no different to racist chanting I do fear that the FA/police will end up going down the "ban some troublemakers and make examples of them" route along with dishing out fines to the clubs. All the time it's happening kids will copy it and think it's ok, the cycle needs to be broken IMHO

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
In fear of being shot down I tend to agree with you...

there are to many thin skinned people on this board who cry now about " we can see you holding hands etc" BUT they are willing to give it back ie sheep shaggers, pikeys etc..

Its a football ground, NOT Mcdonalds, a kindergarten or the National Opera.

Men go to football after a week of hard work (most) and want to enjoy themselves...this does not involve being silent because mummy and daddy dont want young Quentin to hear a naught word.

Do I swear at Work? Yes I do, Do I swear in the pub? Yes, Do I swear at football? Yes...
My kids went to the Goldstone aged about 8 and 10 during the belloitti/ Archer times..it never affected them....and that was not just swearing but violence as well.

Bring your kids I have no problem with that....BUT dont start moaning if they have to hear a few choice words inside the ground.

Brilliant! I started attending Palace games at aged around 6, I have heard racism, Homophobia, abuse towards the police and stewards and all the swearing that comes with football. I am now 18 still young, am I racist, NO. Am I Homophobic, NO. Do I swear at Home, No. Do I swear at work, Occasionally when I mess up. I don't feel it has an affect on kids!

You are never going to stop the youth swearing or saying bad things, ( racist or homophobic ) as they normally pick these things up from home, TV or computer games being the culprits, and even the parents!

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
Unfortunately if fans can't/won't accept that this is no different to racist chanting I do fear that the FA/police will end up going down the "ban some troublemakers and make examples of them" route along with dishing out fines to the clubs. All the time it's happening kids will copy it and think it's ok, the cycle needs to be broken IMHO

Fair play, Kids copy everything, do you think everything invented that could teach kids the wrong thing should be scrapped? Television, computer games or the internet?

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
Hello BHAFC supporters, I am indeed a Palace fan, ( pikey, Nigel, chav ) what ever your preferred choice of name is. I just want to stick my ore in about the Homophobic chanting issue.

I am a little disgruntled to hear that two saints fans have been arrested over the matter as I don't see what the big deal is.

I am in no way Anti Gay, homophobic or have any bad words to say about Gay people! Life is yours and I feel people can have the choice on how they live it. I would never ever approach somebody in the street and start chanting, '' you take it up the bum'' or '' we can see you holding hands '' This would be indeed wrong and worthy of being cuffed.

However in a football ground I feel that the circumstances are different, chanting like this should be taken light - heartedly! What is so different about Seagull fans calling us Pikeys and chavs? Is this not racist? Chanting ''The wheels on your house go around and round'' I cant see a difference.

If this was not your team, in all honesty, what would be your opinion on the matter?

Please no abusive posts, you will be wasting your time writing them!

Good luck for the season!

Oi slug, shhhoo, before i get the salt out.

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
It will only give use a bad reputation with knuckle draggers which I have no problem with at all. f*** 'em. If they are thick enough to do something against the law in ear shot of the Police well frankly I am not bothered by what they think.

I feel it will not just be with palace fans though

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think the point you're missing is it is against the law, if people choose to do it in ear shot of the police and get arrested for it, how are Brighton to blame for others stupidity.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Fair play, Kids copy everything, do you think everything invented that could teach kids the wrong thing should be scrapped? Television, computer games or the internet?

Children learn their behaviour from the environment they grow up in, more specifically from their parents/siblings/peers don't they? So when little johnny looks forward to going to the footy with dad he will copy that behaviour because if it's ok for dad to do it then it's ok for him to do it. I suppose it's perfectly acceptable for an 8 year old to play 18 rated games and watch 18 rated films too? It's about the standards we set for our children.

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
I think the point you're missing is it is against the law, if people choose to do it in ear shot of the police and get arrested for it, how are Brighton to blame for others stupidity.

So when you come to our backyard and sing songs about us being pikeys, you should all be nicked?

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
Children learn their behaviour from the environment they grow up in, more specifically from their parents/siblings/peers don't they? So when little johnny looks forward to going to the footy with dad he will copy that behaviour because if it's ok for dad to do it then it's ok for him to do it. I suppose it's perfectly acceptable for an 8 year old to play 18 rated games and watch 18 rated films too? It's about the standards we set for our children.

You will never stop little Johnny picking up new things, whether you took him too the footy or to the local shopping department where you openly hear people swearing, doing drugs in the car park

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
So when you come to our backyard and sing songs about us being pikeys, you should all be nicked?

I know bods who got nicked for singing at your lot on Queens road.

Listen, why are you on here seriously?, makes my skin crawl, biggest rivals turning being all nice and wanting a discussion.:sick:

I got no time for any of you slugs:yawn:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You will never stop little Johnny picking up new things, whether you took him too the footy or to the local shopping department where you openly hear people swearing, doing drugs in the car park

This is true, but as his father you have a duty to him to teach him right from wrong in your actions and in the words you choose to use in front of him.

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
I know bods who got nicked for singing at your lot on Queens road.

Listen, why are you on here seriously?, makes my skin crawl, biggest rivals turning being all nice and wanting a discussion.:sick:

I got no time for any of you slugs:yawn:

You're board is open to all fans, live with it! Just because I am a palace fan, doesn't make me any less of a man than you are. I can discuss matters with who I want, you do not have to reply nor read the post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here