Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPFC and money

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
FOR THE LAST f***ing TIME YOU SOLD HIM FOR £10m. You might end up with £11m. Or £13m. You ACTUALLY sold him for £10m. The rest is possible add-ons.

We have produced the only academy player of real note from the two clubs so far - Gareth Barry. Come back to us when you've produced a Champions League and International regular.

Gareth Barry? :moo::facepalm:

Didn't he leave you when he was 16 and never played a first team game? Every club can get lucky once, it's when you start to produce quality players in abundance that you know you're onto a winner. And please stop telling us it's only £10 million for Wilf, Parish has already confirmed that the adds on will be £5 million and the terms for us to get that are 'very achievable'. On top of this we have a sell on fee agreed so the total deal in fact could be closer to £20 million.

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Gareth Barry?*:moo::facepalm:

Didn't he leave you when he was 16 and never played a first team game? Every club can get lucky once, it's when you start to produce quality players in abundance that you know you're onto a winner.*And please stop telling us it's only £10 million for Wilf, Parish has already confirmed that the adds on will be £5 million ans the terms for us to get that are 'very achievable'. On top of this we have a sell on fee agreed so the total deal in fact be be closer to £20 million.

Twenty million quid for that one-trick pony…

Palace have gone from robbing charities to robbing one of the biggest football clubs in the world.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
We should talk in a language the Nigel's can't understand, I'll start.

Why is it that our nonpareil forum smells of this obnoxious skank and the caravan dwelling social theiving sc*m are able to register and post on it? Moderators please.....keep on top of it, just ban them.

As for our club, BHAFC, that we all venerate so much we are doing ok and final league positions will give us the last laugh over anybody, and if they don't we damn well gave promotion a good shot, with steadfast fans, which we will retain, and we will try again, just as hard & with as much valour.

I don't have time for other football clubs, their results or attendances are meaningless to me, it's loyalty that counts & it's how BHAFC are playing that counts, it's how OUR club are doing that counts. We play great football, whether they like it or not other clubs are bound to look at us with some sort of admiration, and that's their problem not ours.

Now can we please keep Smeghurst dwellers away from here, they are hardly able to meaningfully promulgate with each other so are definitely not admissible of being on on here.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Why is it that our nonpareil forum smells of this obnoxious skank and the caravan dwelling social theiving sc*m are able to register and post on it? Moderators please.....keep on top of it, just ban them.

Maybe it would be better to ask why your own fans feel the need to start 5 new threads a day about us?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
How anyone can spend so much time on an opposition forum trolling and then be happy with what he sees in the mirror every morning is beyond me.

What shall we do today? How about spreading hate round the internet? Yes, how fulfilling.

How is responding trolling or spreading hate you doughnut. Im perfectly happy with my life thanks, to be honest the only time I look in the mirror is shaving and even then im fine with what I see.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Maybe it would be better to ask why your own fans feel the need to start 5 new threads a day about us?

Just be grateful that NSC is mature enough to allow away fans to post anywhere on the board. You are all welcome.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Google ads has gone you div.

Yes I do expect you to keep quiet because I dont go on BBS when you lot start speculating about Tony Bloom.

Well until the site owner tells us to go then I guess we are here to stay, he can always ban my account if he feels I am just here to cause trouble, which im not. Its jumped up little whingers like yourself who have the problem. CPFC and finance, its perfectly acceptable for us to respond to that. Maybe I should start a thread, BHA FC and not a shot on goal :lol:
Okay I admit, the last sentence was a little dig, but if you cant take it then dont dish it out.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

As for our club, BHAFC, that we all venerate so much we are doing ok and final league positions will give us the last laugh over anybody, and if they don't we damn well gave promotion a good shot, with steadfast fans, which we will retain, and we will try again, just as hard & with as much valour.

I don't have time for other football clubs, their results or attendances are meaningless to me, it's loyalty that counts & it's how BHAFC are playing that counts, it's how OUR club are doing that counts. We play great football, whether they like it or not other clubs are bound to look at us with some sort of admiration, and that's their problem not ours.

Now can we please keep Smeghurst dwellers away from here, they are hardly able to meaningfully promulgate with each other so are definitely not admissible of being on on here.

I understood all of that and I have never read such bile.

How is responding trolling or spreading hate you doughnut. Im perfectly happy with my life thanks, to be honest the only time I look in the mirror is shaving and even then im fine with what I see.

I've refused to shave until we are above the Nigels in the league - I look like ZZTop.

Cheese_Roll

May 19, 2009
The mighty Palace
FOR THE LAST f***ing TIME YOU SOLD HIM FOR £10m. You might end up with £11m. Or £13m. You ACTUALLY sold him for £10m. The rest is possible add-ons.

Factually correct. Well researched.

We have produced the only academy player of real note from the two clubs so far - Gareth Barry. Come back to us when you've produced a Champions League and International regular.

Gareth Barry you say?

This will be the player that ‘you produced’ that never made an appearance for Brighton?

The full–back that was so bad – they had to convert him to a defensive midfielder?

This will be the England ‘regular’ that has played in less than a third of England games played since his debut in 2000?

This will be Gareth Barry the Champions League ‘regular’ that has 15 appearances in the Champions League in his entire career, with one season left in the game?

Hmmm.. Are we talking about the same Gareth Barry?

We need to be clear on this because you say Moses isn’t a ‘regular’ but has 25 appearances already this season, in his first season at Chelsea. But claim Barry is a ‘regular’ for England, yet he was an unused sub or left out altogether in 2/3rd’s of the squads.

Moses already has 5 Champions League appearances and is ten years younger than Barry at just 22.

Internationally, Moses - represented England at EVERY level - even U21's. Before Nigeria nabbed him. He is a full-international now and has had 12 caps in little over 12 months..

So by your criteria Moses IS a Champions League and International regular!

Shall I mention Southgate, who won more Enlgand caps than Barry? If you want me to, I can- let me know.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brighton have spent £5million on 2 strikers. Our whole squad cost less then £2.5million, and you talk about us overspending.

Overall the the money laid out will be similar , free transfers are not entirely free , the agent and player will get a signing on fee , the playing budget on wages is sometimes higher as a freebie can demand a higher salary which over the course of a contract equates to what a club would have paid out in total if a transfer fee was paid in the first place.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Brighton have spent £5million on 2 strikers. Our whole squad cost less then £2.5million, and you talk about us overspending.

Palace have never overspent in the past then?

The difference is that we are spending money that we have.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Some simple questions for Palace fans...

Compare the financial practice of CPFC during the Goldberg-Jordan years with that of BHAFC, especially during the Bloom years. Which is the more sustainable?

If you owned a business, something upon which your livelihood depended, with which club, CPFC or BHAFC, would you rather do business?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here