Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COX Dropped from team, and maybe moving on!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's been rumoured for a long time on and off... wouldn't be too surprised to see him go.

Any idea who the 'interested' team(s) are ??

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wouldn't be bother me if he moved on.He hasn't exactly progressed of late.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
bit sudden to have been dropped yesterday as he played on saturday and the travelling squad for stockport won't have been discussed until today.

may well have been some interest though as he hasn't been playing and still has clear ability and potential to improve

so for me it is 50% likely to be genuine "from the horse next door's mouth" and 50% total conjecture with no more foundation than any of the other 20 occassions this rumour has circulated

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Can we expect a fee for him?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well I cant say who it was that told me, suficed to say a very close source, in the call he made the them himself, apparently he said 'Bristol and that a few others in the bottom half of our league were interested.'

Anyone else linked to us that you know of? :wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's been shithouse for quite a while now. I don't think it'll be any great loss if he moves on.
We're going to need better, more consistant performers than Cox if we're going to have a serious run at top 6 next year (assuming we avoid the unthinkable).

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
To reduce the suad size a few have to go for every one that we buy, but Cox is tiny- can't reduce the squad size much to let him go can it?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He's been shithouse for quite a while now. I don't think it'll be any great loss if he moves on.
We're going to need better, more consistant performers than Cox if we're going to have a serious run at top 6 next year (assuming we avoid the unthinkable).

Spot on Easy. If we can get of cash for him it would be a result.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Cox was at his best when he played alongside Dean Hammond and feeding the likes of Revell and Jake up front ... in my opnion hasn't played to that level since Hammond left...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was brilliant Sat and made a real difference - an excellent player to have in the squad...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fundamentally disagree.

Well I'm seriously struggling to remember a single positive contribution from Cox lately, or his last assist. He had a very decent season for us a couple of years ago, but since then I think he's done VERY little to justify his inclusion in the team. He's gone backwards, and never looked like recapturing his form.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Well I'm seriously struggling to remember a single positive contribution from Cox lately, or his last assist. He had a very decent season for us a couple of years ago, but since then I think he's done VERY little to justify his inclusion in the team. He's gone backwards, and never looked like recapturing his form.

Southampton he contributed well and an assist ,he's certainly not the player he was but there is no reason why he can't be .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Southampton he contributed well and an assist ,he's certainly not the player he was but there is no reason why he can't be .

True, a decent cross in for the first goal.
But overall I don't think he's quick enough or strong enough, nor is he a particularly inventive passer of the ball. And I'm not even going to bother mentioning his corner kicks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here