Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***** Official Match Thread *****

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That's bollocks for a start

Was he though ?

Looked at fault for the West Ham goal in position albeit Bridcutt made the initial error.

I don't think he bought anything better than we had already

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why are people so intent on talking about Cook? He's a centre back, we aren't struggling for those. It's not like he's going to go and play up front, score the goals we desperately need and be the answer to our problems. We need a striker, not another young centre back.

Because v Southampton we only have Greer and El Abd available (vincelot and dunk suspended; painter, calderon and elphick injured, reyes back at west brom), and El Abd will probably be playing fullback. So, we either play Cook who did well v man city and liverpool for the first team and has been playing well for bournemouh, or Hall who hasn't made any first team appearances? That's why people are intent on talking about Cook.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'll NEVER give up on anything Albion.

Your wife may leave you, your local pub may serve shit beer, your car may break down, or horrors of horrors, Slick or HG may river you at poker.

But one thing that's ALWAYS there is MY Brighton and Hove Albion.

THIS:bowdown:XX

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Even awful teams like Coventry are well briefed that we lack creativity & goals, allowing them to shut up shop & knowing a goal will hand them the points.

Goal scorer, creativity, pace & power ... are all required by us in the Jan transfer market.

Creativity being the most important for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The mind can only boggle at what kind of random gibberish the manager will come out with in the post-match interview. Referee would appear to be a non-starter an an excuse. Reckon it'll be a major slagging of the players on the pitch today, which will have a knock-on effect on morale. Probably also a pre-emptive moan about January budget.

Or most likely of all: 'If you no like eet, I go home :shrug:'

It really annoys me when he stretches his neck and puts that quizzical look on his face at the end of every sentence as well.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Because v Southampton we only have Greer and El Abd available (vincelot and dunk suspended; painter, calderon and elphick injured, reyes back at west brom), and El Abd will probably be playing fullback. So, we either play Cook who did well v man city and liverpool for the first team and has been playing well for bournemouh, or Hall who hasn't made any first team appearances? That's why people are intent on talking about Cook.

Well summarised.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hall will replace Dunky on Monday

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The mind can only boggle at what kind of random gibberish the manager will come out with in the post-match interview. Referee would appear to be a non-starter an an excuse. Reckon it'll be a major slagging of the players on the pitch today, which will have a knock-on effect on morale. Probably also a pre-emptive moan about January budget.

Or most likely of all: 'If you no like eet, I go home :shrug:'

LOOL - excellent impression

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Was he though ?

Looked at fault for the West Ham goal in position albeit Bridcutt made the initial error.

I don't think he bought anything better than we had already

He came and held crosses mire but I don't think he was a vast improvement.

Unfortunately, we are going down the Wayne Henderson route for 'keepers at the moment. Good distribution but not very good at stopping goals.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Most of us would have snapped anyones hand off to be mid table in the championship this time last year, get over it we are adjusting slowly slowly catch a monkey people.

I sort of agree and sort of don't. I'd have taken this position at the start of the season. Unfortunately we did adjust right at the start of the season and have since been found out. It's getting harder by the week to see the chink of light at the end of the tunnel and I don't think we can just rely on Uncle Tony getting the chequebook out. I still reckon we'll stay up but we may have to battle a bit to stay up. I don't think the playoffs are a reasonable aspiration now but, as you say, many of us didn't expect that from the off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here