Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Division One, Sussex v Yorkshire at Hove, May 29-Jun 1

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Interesting team selection given Naved's current form. I suppose Parnell needs the match practise before thursday though.

Naved has gone back to Pakistan to see his family, Parnell was brought over at short notice. Not sure we'll see anymore of him this season.

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
Radio team said that he is allowed to play in this game, if he gets back in time he could play the second innings instead of Joe.

That's correct.

If a player is on "International duty" - say he's made 12th man at a test match, or plays a 1 day international (as in this case) - he still can be named in a squad with another player "filling in".

Once Joyce returns, Gatting drops out and Joyce bats in second innings.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice to hear the God's Kingdom of Yorkshire fans whining and moaning on their texts to the commentary team..... " get rid of the lot of 'em... they aint fit to represent Yorkshire " Ha Ha !

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Who was it on here that claimed Wells got offered a contract because of his name and not his ability? Starting to look exceedingly foolish!

With Wells going great guns and Machan waiting in the wings you have to worry for Joe Gatting.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sounded fantastic, this is the third game I have missed and we are playing great cricket, I am afraid to return...

Bowling looks interesting for this game, is that Rana now done for the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here