Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Division One, Sussex v Yorkshire at Hove, May 29-Jun 1

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Looking from afar (Somerset Supporter) you seem very negative or are you taking the piss? Surely if you get last two wickets in next 20 or so minutes you'll knock the 30 or so runs off with ease?

Years of bitter experience, I am afraid. :nono:

TomF

May 21, 2004
Portishead, Bristol
Years of bitter experience, I am afraid. :nono:

One thing I'll say is the Yorkshire tail will just sit and block balls till the cows come home. At Taunton last week Rashid batted for about 3 1/2 hours and scored 51 off 200 odd balls.. It made Jonathan Trott look like a T20 player.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
ballance hits a six.

Yorks 303-8 (lead by 28 with two wickets left)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So what's that? After 3 overs removed for the batting change if it happens, there are around 8 overs left for Sussex to bowl them out, then knock off the deficit, currently standing at 28.

I reckon we're all done if we don't knock them over before the 104th over of their innings.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
So what's that? After 3 overs removed for the batting change if it happens, there are around 8 overs left for Sussex to bowl them out, then knock off the deficit, currently standing at 28.

I reckon we're all done if we don't knock them over before the 104th over of their innings.

We could claim an extra half hour (8 overs max?) if we can convince the umpires that we are trying to win.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We could claim an extra half hour (8 overs max?) if we can convince the umpires that we are trying to win.
Do you ever read the thread you post on?

I only ask because about ten posts ago, it was stated that you can't do that on the final day. :down:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
What has happened to Werners?? Why is n't a better bowler than wells bowling.

Parnell was darned quick yesterday

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Do you ever read the thread you post on?

I only ask because about ten posts ago, it was stated that you can't do that on the final day. :down:

Different page

Sussex 548/4d
Yorkshire 273 & 314/8 (f/o) (106.3 ov)
Yorkshire lead by 39 runs with 2 wickets remaining
Stumps - Day 4 - draw

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Could have been worse

Les all larf at Lancashire

Lancashire 313 & 148 (59.4 ov)

Durham 586

Durham won by an innings and 125 runs

That's a HUUUGGGGEEEEEEEE defeat

Gritty and focussed performance from the Chips in their 2nd innings but doesn't look a good show in the field from Sussex today (albeit from behind a keyboard and with JL's commentary). With our lack of bonus points (still the lowest in Div 1?), we need the points from an additional win to compensate and this game was an opportunity missed.
And so on to the circus tomorrow.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sussex 548/4d
Yorkshire 273 & 314/8 (f/o) (106.3 ov)
Yorkshire lead by 39 runs with 2 wickets remaining
Stumps - Day 4 - draw

Lucky they didn't go for it and set us an unobtainable 50 ish, we did well to hold out .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here