Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Division One, Sussex v Yorkshire at Hove, May 29-Jun 1

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This team will be pushing to be champions if we knock the Yorkies over tomorrow, there are not any weak areas in the team and a good back up squad with strength in all positions.

Harldy likely as lancashire have already won 4 out of 6 games.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Harldy likely as lancashire have already won 4 out of 6 games.

As I said, if we win.
Lancs are losing today and if we win, a big if so far, we will have won 4 out of 7
Lancs will have won 5 out of 7.
If we win we will be 23 points behind them, and 40 behind Durham with a game in hand.
9 matches left and IMHO they are very catchable

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Excellent, another wicket just before lunch!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch on Day 4: Yorkshire 118-4, only 157 behind, with 66 overs to come.

I fully expect them to push on in the afternoon session, and give themselves enough time to skittle the hapless Sussex batters for a deserved victory.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Having Rooted out the opener, and stilled the Gale, the game is now in the Ballance.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Looks like we won't get a chance to see Afridi this season, I was looking forward to that

Shahid Afridi will not turn out for Hampshire in the English Twenty20 season after the revoking on Tuesday of his No-Objection Certificate (NOC) by the PCB, with whom he is currently at loggerheads. The ECB has suspended his overseas registration and has said it is checking that the correct procedures have been followed with regard to his NOC revocation.

Afridi announced his international retirement this week in protest at the PCB's decision to remove him from the ODI captaincy earlier this month; after criticising the PCB in a TV interview, the board suspended his central contract, revoked his NOCs and slapped him with a showcause notice on Tuesday.

After several communications between the ECB and PCB today, Afridi confirmed that he "will not be playing for Hampshire this season," because of the NOC withdrawal. Afridi had been signed by Hampshire as one of their two overseas players and was due to turn out for them on the opening day of the Twenty20 season later on Wednesday.

Rod Bransgrove, the Hampshire chairman, also confirmed the news to ESPNcricinfo. "My understanding of the process is that Shahid retired two or three days ago, the following day the PCB announced they would withdraw his No-Objection Certificate, and from what I can gather today the ECB have removed his registration, which makes him unavailable to play. We're still discussing with various parties whether he's a retired player, a contracted player, but at the moment it looks as though he won't be playing. If he's not registered, he can't play, so it's an ECB issue at present."

Afridi will remain in the UK for some time now before he plans out his next step. Legal action has not been ruled out. "They are using all their powers against me right now and they can use them all they want. We are looking right now at all various options and obviously when such actions are taken, unjust actions, then that [legal action] is a consideration," Afridi told ESPNcricinfo. Afridi also confirmed that he had appealed directly to the President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari, who is also patron of the PCB and the man who appoints the board chairman.

In the immediate future, Afridi had also been lined up to play for and possibly lead a team in the Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL). There are likely to be several complications in that now. Afridi was confident he would "be able to take part in the league" as his central contract - currently suspended - finishes in June this year. The league is scheduled to take place over two weeks between July and August but precisely what his status will be then cannot be predicted.

If, as is the general practice, the league requires NOCs from all players who take part - current or former, centrally contracted or otherwise - then obtaining an NOC might remain a problem.

Afridi's retirement, as he has made clear, is a conditional one and applies only to this administration. Asked if there was anyway he could return under this board, he said: "Absolutely not, no way at all."
Osman Samiuddin is Pakistan editor of ESPNcricinfo

Feeds: Osman Samiuddin
© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here