Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be true

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
John 'shoes' Moshoeu... the best playr I have ever seen and I believe he is still playing somewhere... must be 44.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Based purely on the fact that the person who told my son has got some information but has possibly got the wrong names I have been looking at the players at Chelsea during Poyets career ie cup winners in 99/00 and of these only Mario Melchiot (Wigan) Mikael Forsell (Hanover) and Jody Morris (St Johnstone) are still playing but if you look at the Spurs squad of 2000/2001 there are a number still playing in the Premiership and higher than Div 1. So anything is possible!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Splendid thread.

I hope we bring in DALIAN Atkinson as he would be the perfect foil for our other new striker, Tommy Johnson.

At least, that's what I heard.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Based purely on the fact that the person who told my son has got some information but has possibly got the wrong names ... So anything is possible!!!

Quite right too BG. All you've posted is a perfectly sensible bit of inside knowledge, and everyone gets on your back, most unfairly. The ONLY thing you've got wrong, is the NAMES of the players involved.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, and I've heard from a very good sauce, that we are bringing in Jean Pierre PAPIN.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With amount of postings to your name,amazed you didn't anticipate the reaction you'd get!:lolol:

I did but stand by my assertion that 1 or more well known players will be here in a few weeks. If you look at the Spurs squad of 2000/2001 it is suprising how many are still playing at the highest level so could do a job for us.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Surely it's not rocket science to work out where players will be coming from with our chief scout based in Spain.................be surprised if many come from Blighty,except ones already on loan.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
:facepalm:

I heard we are going to sign Sir Tom Finney in the summer....

He's only around 80 so i'm sure we'll be able to get at least a few years out of him yet...

brilliant signing. ive heard peter grummitt wants to come back and bobby smith (but only if he's alive)...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a point Davids is 37, Rebrov is 36 Nicky Forster is 37 in September and Sheringham still played football league at 41. I would add that Forster was not as good as either of those 2. So why the pisstake about Finney, Grummitt etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just a point Davids is 37, Rebrov is 36 Nicky Forster is 37 in September and Sheringham still played football league at 41. I would add that Forster was not as good as either of those 2. So why the pisstake about Finney, Grummitt etc.

You're right. I can see why Edgar Davids would want to spend a season getting cross at a bunch of journeymen down here.

Yes, he may have played in 3 World Cups, won 3 Dutch titles, 3 scudettos, a UEFA cup, a Champions League, appeared in 3 other Champions league finals, and appeared in UEFA and FIFA tournament teams; but what glittering career isn't complete without a season in the English division 3 playing at a running track in front of crowds of 6,500 in a City you have no affiliation with?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You're right. I can see why Edgar Davids would want to spend a season getting cross at a bunch of journeymen down here.

Yes, he may have played in 3 World Cups, won 3 Dutch titles, 3 scudettos, a UEFA cup, a Champions League, appeared in 3 other Champions league finals, and appeared in UEFA and FIFA tournament teams; but what glittering career isn't complete without a season in the English division 3 playing at a running track in front of crowds of 6,500 in a City you have no affiliation with?

You missed out his biggest achievment, playing alongside Jermaine Jenas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here