Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be true

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My son was told yesterday by the same person who told him Cox is talking to Millwall that we will also be signing Edgar Davids and Sergie Rebrov in the summer and that we will not recognise half the team next year but know their names.

Dont know whether to believe it or not.

Surely you are old enough not to be taken for a mug :facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely you are old enough not to be taken for a mug :facepalm:

I have said I dont believe the actual names but I do believe the gist of the conversation and that Poyet is looking at some big named experienced players also that we will not recognise half of the players starting next season although we will have heard their names.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On a different note I have some magic beans that you might want to buy, 5 for £700?

Unfortunately, I don't have £700 to spare this week :(

But would you be interested swapping them for my cow?

BigCow.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Poyet is looking at some big named experienced players

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite
Stelios Giannakopolous
Juninho Pernambucano
Rutgerus Johannes Martinius van Nistelrooij

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite
Stelios Giannakopolous
Juninho Pernambucano
Rutgerus Johannes Martinius van Nistelrooij
The club shop would make a fortune from all the lettering on the back of replica shirts next season.:laugh:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Never mind all this bollocks about who we might sign...we've let our best player go, when he still had more to offer.
( Managerial immaturity springs to mind )

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never mind all this bollocks about who we might sign...we've let our best player go, when he still had more to offer.

No our previous best scorer not our best player and he was sadly on the decline and will probably not start many games next season if he stays in Div 1. Would be an ideal sub to bring on with 20 mins to go if you need a goal.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

Well shot of him
Gus did EXACTLY the right thing and should be applauded for standing his ground and not letting any players walk all over him. No player is bigger than this or any other club

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I can reveal our 2010/2011 starting line up.

GK.Fabien Barthez

CB.Cafu

CB.Paulo Maldini

CB.Bixente Lizarazu

RM.Jay-Jay Okocha

CM.Ronald de Boer

CM.Edgar Davids

CM.Mustapha Hadji

LM.Pavel Nedved

ST. Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink

ST.Davor Šuker

3-5-2 with a host of footballing stars from yester-year. :thumbsup:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
bensgrandad you have your facts wrong you berk.

Great first post!

How exciting is pre-season going to be? Loads of wild names and guesses, with maybe one or two coming off...

Keep posting the rumours, it's a good read.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
bensgrandad you have your facts wrong you berk.

In fairness to me if you read my first post on this thread you will see that I did say I didnt know whether to believe it or not as Davids is 37 years old and Rebrov 36, so it seems unlikely. This was told to me by my son yesterday and obviously I cannot tell you who it was who it was told him, but the person has close connections with the club so as I said in a later post they may have got the names wrong but could be right on the calibre of player that Gus is looking at.

If it is complete bollox ignore it as there will be many more names thrown into the pot before the summer is out I am sure and most will come from 'a good source'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here