Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cost of Sky Set to Rise

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wish I could cancel Sky Sports. But its so damn good, and what with the Ryder Cup on the horizon as well...and I've got the movies, so its not even worth having one without the other really.

Damn you murdoch. Damn you.

Sky Sports are coming to freeview / top up tv very soon. Expect an announcement like BT have... Worth doing..

Also BT are offering one channel of SS at £6-99 a month if u sign up for BT vision and internet etc for a 2 yr period - you still have to pay phone line tho so not so cheap...

Top Up TV is prob the way forward as rest of BT Vision stuff isnt worth the money IMO

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The frustration for me is that I could EASILY cancel it for the football, but I'd miss the NFL too much. And yet it's the soccerball TV rights that makes the subscriptions so damn expensive.

Oh well, that's the money that means those poor little England players are able to cheer themselves up a bit with a new Bentley to get over the World Cup, so I guess it's money well spent.

£58, really? Good grief. I imagine it does come down to disposable income, but I can't imagine wanting to spend £7k over the period of a decade on subscription television.

I had the Sky package during my third year at Uni and ended up watching everything and anything to ensure we got our moneys worth.

Of course, luxuries are there to be enjoyed, but I always felt it was an unnecessary luxury. TV is a useful tool, but it is dominating and anti-social.

Television/Sky is squeezing the life out of the human race. There, I've said it.
what's the problem with spending 7 grand a decade on sports and films?
I pay over 10 grand a year so that fat chavs can keep shitting out kids and for India to have a space programme so I see no problem for paying for my luxury telebox.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I can't believe a couple of you think £58 is excessive. It's £15 a week, or five pints. Or three packets of cigarettes. Or a couple of trips to KFC. It's nothing when you consider it's hours of entertainment for anyone of any age.

Exactly - mine is sports and kids channels @ £38 pm. If you want to watch sport on tv it's not much to cough up, if you don't then spend money on something else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here