Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cost of Sky Set to Rise

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I negotiated a £2 per month Sky Sports subscription for the summer after threatening to cancel in May.That expires in October.

Then it's goodbye SKY Sports :bigwave:

Before it runs out call Sky again because they may extend the offer for another 3 months. :thumbsup:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm with Virgin Media. I pay £50 (+ telephone calls, which is normally around £5-10) a month for telephone (free weekend local calls), fibre optic broadband, basic tv package, and all 4 Sky Sports channels. The Sky Sports channel cost me £25, so basically doubling the price.

I wouldn't dream of getting rid of them. Normal TV is so dull.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks for the tip :)

If your deal runs out in October they dont want too many cancellations in the build up to Xmas because it looks bad for their churn rate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No , I get plentyoffish.com probably due to my location. :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Got rid of it last year and haven't missed it all.

I still got the non sports stuff, but I don't watch that either.

Some days I never put the television on at all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Got rid of it last year and haven't missed it all.

I still got the non sports stuff, but I don't watch that either.

Some days I never put the television on at all.

My father has akways been vehemently against Sky, but caved in when they took control of the rugby. He sold out. There isn't a place to watch top class rugby in Sussex.

It is very much a case of filling the pockets of those that are already bursting at the seams. It is a shame that they have this (mon)(olig)opoly.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's all down to personal choice isn't it? I have no interest in the Premier League but there is so much more to Sky, even Sky Sports than premiership football (Rugby, cricket and American football to name but three). I must admit I'm with Easy 10 inasmuch as the price would almost have to double before I contemplated getting rid of Sky. I can justify the cost by saying that taking my family to one third division football match at Withdean pays for my Sky subscrition for TWO MONTHS. In addition my wife loves the movie channels so we no longer rent videos (or DVDs as I believe they call them now).

Yes, I know there are those of you who would turn that on it's head and say that a match at Withdean is better than watching Sky for two months, but that's what I mean about personal choice.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I got rid of it in 2001 and I really miss test match cricket but nothing else. We are all going to have less disposable income soon, in my case as an OAP I'm going to need around £250 a year just for swimming, so if Sky are going to raise prices it's a good time to do it before most people realise that they are going to need to make savings.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I got rid of Sky over three years ago. Really don't miss it as it seems have so many repeats and as I really am not interested in the Premier I don't miss that either.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Freesat, Freeview, BT are all eating away at Sky. All the people I know have either dumped sky totally and just have freesat or have downgraded their packages as they all say its far too expensive, and it is expensive. I personally could not justify spending 45.00 a month, 540 a year for TV.

The bit that really gets on my nerves is that in order to get British Eurosport you need to pay for the next package up with Sky. Well up yours SKY, because I get German Eurosport free of charge on Astra 19.2, I don't know how long for, but it is satisfying to know at least I'm not paying them for this.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Fair enough but APART form sport, what exactly do they contribute?

Drama? No
Documentaries that are interesting? No
Unbiased news reporting? No
Comedy? No

I'll stick to MoTD on a Saturday night, the iPlayer and Dave on Freeview. As for the Premiership, after what's happened in South Africa the Emperor's New Clothes have been well and truly removed in terms of how great our football is.

Do mean create or show?
Sky One and Sky Arts have lots of amazing shows, and a fair few of them are made for Sky

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've never had Sky, I rarely watch tv to be honest...much rather pop on a CD. And I went to the Dukes to watch the new Woody Allen film last night. Paying for something which used to be free (i.e. football) seems a bit weird to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here