Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coronavirus Precautions At The Amex On Saturday?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think if you have very elderly parents or grandparents, then it is hardly insane to take the cautious approach. Both my parents in law are in their late 80’s so I prefer cautious to cavalier.

Very interesting news coming out of China that people who tested positive, did their quarantine and were declared clear, have now got it again. That does tend to suggest that the body’s immune system has a problem with it.

A degree of caution is sensible in all areas of life.

However, you understand the chances of them catching this specific virus are infinitesimally small, right?

And to your second point, I believe it was one person. From approximately 82,000 cases. With the vast majority being in a country known for absolutely appalling hygiene conditions - my wife has travelled there numerous times for work, and will attest to that.

Far more likely to be trampled to death by a donkey. We should probably start a thread on donkeys. How many are there in Sussex? Are there any donkeys unaccounted for?

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
source.gif

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What do you suggest? There are thousands of gatherings, sports related or otherwise, up and down the country. Cancel them all? Every organising body to issue a statement on what should be done? As it stands there are 15 reported cases of Coronavirus in the U.K. Sorry, but if you’re so concerned stay at home and pull up the drawbridge. :shrug:

Don't give the smallest shit personally :shrug:

Just mildly surprised that the club don't appear to either, considered they'ra actively PERTURBED on stuff like bottle tops

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A degree of caution is sensible in all areas of life.

However, you understand the chances of them catching this specific virus are infinitesimally small, right?

Of course...however there are over 3000 reported ( only reported ) deaths from this virus that at the moment there is no known cure or vaccination.

I am not complacent at all.

But it is a problem, no matter how small it is perceived to be, and therefore I am cautious...yes I have hand gel and do wash my hands ...i would rather be safe than sorry...simple as.

Sorry if that gets your goat!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I've stocked up on tin foil and I'm happy to make you a hat for £50. As modelled by Number 9 - ASHLEY BARNES.

No9man.png

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The UK has a population of 66 million and an area of 242 thousand square kilometres - I make that 3,600 square metres per person, i.e. a 60-metre square.

If we make full and proper use of this space we can all be safe.

I am already making sure I stand no closer than 60 metres from anyone else at any time. My family seem to be taking it surprisingly well, I think.

binocularsView-2.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course...however there are over 3000 reported ( only reported ) deaths from this virus that at the moment there is no known cure or vaccination.

I am not complacent at all.

But it is a problem, no matter how small it is perceived to be, and therefore I am cautious...yes I have hand gel and do wash my hands ...i would rather be safe than sorry...simple as.

Sorry if that gets your goat!

OK but again, surely we're best to look at cold hard stats, rather than hysteria fuelled by a press who have a massive vested interest in selling papers and sensationalising?

What are you doing to prepare for the possibility of being hit by lightning, or trampled to death by a donkey, given both are far more likely to occur?

Re: Vaccine - again, not true. The vaccine has already been created and is in testing, and if this outbreak becomes much more serious (unlikely but possible) then they will absolutely fast-track it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/25/business/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

It doesn't get my goat and I apologise if it comes across that way, I just think the press has whipped people up into a frankly ludicrous state over this, and that's a shame.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
1st prototype ready for sale at the shop on Saturday

61Qds64BMAL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Just waiting for the stripes to be rotated and the Nike and PL patches

£19.99 each

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No one’s getting a kiss or a handshake from me. I did try and buy a tube of antiseptic gel today, the chemist laughed at me. I also might go straight to me seat on arrival and stay there until 20 mins after the final whistle too :wink:

I'm going to leave early, just to be on the safe side. No, don't thank me, last thing I'd want to be is a SUPER-SPREADER

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
OK but again, surely we're best to look at cold hard stats, rather than hysteria fuelled by a press who have a massive vested interest in selling papers and sensationalising?

What are you doing to prepare for the possibility of being hit by lightning, or trampled to death by a donkey, given both are far more likely to occur?

Re: Vaccine - again, not true. The vaccine has already been created and is in testing, and if this outbreak becomes much more serious (unlikely but possible) then they will absolutely fast-track it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/25/business/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

It doesn't get my goat and I apologise if it comes across that way, I just think the press has whipped people up into a frankly ludicrous state over this, and that's a shame.

Ok I get you...you are right and I am wrong..happy now?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are more at risk jammed together on the train/bus and from handling money (although we are supposed to be nearly cashless now).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
15 cases in the UK, in a population of over 66million people.
..... and statistically most of them are likely to survive. Only a relatively small number of those so far infected have died.

If you live with anybody who has breathing problems it concentrates the mind a bit more. Most of us will probably be fine, if in reasonable health but if you have regular contact with elderly or less healthy people it is a concern...imo
Yes, that's sensible. All 'flus kill some people every winter - mostly the old, the frail and the sick. Is the mortality rate from Corona virus actually any higher than the mortality rate for 'normal' 'flu?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
And I don't mean the two token wash hand basins and half-arsed hand driers in the bogs that are supposed to serve hundreds of punters in a small number of minutes

On that particular issue according to the majority here on NSC it isn't an issue as not washing your hands is perfectly acceptable. This was evidenced in a recent thread on here whereby there were all sorts of creative and even sometimes scientific justification for being plain unhygienic.

The ratio of fans to basins/driers would be a practical issue but the club has taken a gamble that most fans aren't bothered. I'm not one of them and when you see someone emerge from a cubicle and not wash their hands it beggars belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here