Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coronavirus Precautions At The Amex On Saturday?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 weeks in quarantine isolation - where do I sign up?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think we shouldn't be too careful. Doubtless it's too late for us, but it's our poor visitors I feel sorry for. I hope the club has organised for one or more of the sprinklers to be set at full power to spray them with cool, clean, refreshing water for the whole time they're in the stands to make sure they don't catch the virus off us doomed Sussexites. Can't be too careful for them, it's our duty as hosts.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think we shouldn't be too careful. Doubtless it's too late for us, but it's our poor visitors I feel sorry for. I hope the club has organised for one or more of the sprinklers to be set at full power to spray them with cool, clean, refreshing water for the whole time they're in the stands to make sure they don't catch the virus off us doomed Sussexites. Can't be too careful for them, it's our duty as hosts.

Well, the kettling post match will help stop any spread.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
One person is killed in a road accident every 25 seconds in the world, but you still drive and walk across roads, so why aren't you staying at home if you get that worried about 15 confirmed virus cases in the UK.

I would suggest you need to adjust you hazard perception, alternatively just play your round of golf and give the Amex a miss.

Are the number of deaths on the road increasing at the same rate as deaths from the virus?

We need to be told.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Bournemouth I think last week.

Will be checking the club shop before the game...

24171812-0-image-a-38_1580573670385.jpg
24172262-7955757-image-m-62_1580574928521.jpg

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I’m gonna make sure the lid is tightly on my coke bottle so it doesn’t get infected ....... ohh hang on

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
OK but again, surely we're best to look at cold hard stats, rather than hysteria fuelled by a press who have a massive vested interest in selling papers and sensationalising?

What are you doing to prepare for the possibility of being hit by lightning, or trampled to death by a donkey, given both are far more likely to occur?

Re: Vaccine - again, not true. The vaccine has already been created and is in testing, and if this outbreak becomes much more serious (unlikely but possible) then they will absolutely fast-track it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/25/business/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

It doesn't get my goat and I apologise if it comes across that way, I just think the press has whipped people up into a frankly ludicrous state over this, and that's a shame.

According to that article a Vaccine will still take more than a year.

According to leaked Gov docs the reasonable worst case scenario sees up to 80% of the UK population infected and up to half a million people dead. If we get 1/10th of the worst case scenario, that's 50,000 deaths.

Now I don't know that stats for being trampled to death by a donkey, but I'm guessing that it happens to less than 50,000 people a year in the UK.

I agree that people shouldn't panic, but it's just as wrong to pretend that this is all media hype and that people are at more risk of a lightning strike than this virus. Surely that suggestion is just as
irresponsible as any kind of overreaction.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
**** ... you sound just like my missus

Sometimes you realise that there is no point carrying on a conversation. Life is too short to deal with some people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here