Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coronavirus Precautions At The Amex On Saturday?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Face masks only worthwhile if they cover the eyes as well

Wiki seems to be saying don't bother with a mask

"The use of masks by healthy members of the public is not recommended outside of China"

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A degree of caution is sensible in all areas of life.

However, you understand the chances of them catching this specific virus are infinitesimally small, right?

And to your second point, I believe it was one person. From approximately 82,000 cases. With the vast majority being in a country known for absolutely appalling hygiene conditions - my wife has travelled there numerous times for work, and will attest to that.

Far more likely to be trampled to death by a donkey. We should probably start a thread on donkeys. How many are there in Sussex? Are there any donkeys unaccounted for?

You haven't taken into account that the virus is (we probably have to assume) in it's very early stages. So yes, 15 out of 60 odd million isn't a lot, but it's dominating the news because whilst there is a relatively low number of people with it, it's arguably containable, at least until warmer weather comes.

If it stops being containable (which has probably happened already) and it becomes widespread then many thousands are likely to die in the UK.

Sensible precautions are justified

Oh yeh and hygiene standards aren't great here either. Watch blokes walking out of the bogs and going straight the exits for evidence

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wiki seems to be saying don't bother with a mask

"The use of masks by healthy members of the public is not recommended outside of China"

An Asian friend of mine once explained it to me that the masks are designed more to stop other people catching your germs than to stop you catching other people's germs

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh yeh and hygiene standards aren't great here either. Watch blokes walking out of the bogs and going straight the exits for evidence

That would be considered excellent hygiene in most parts of China, from the stories I've heard...

Also my understanding was that - like most seasonal flus - warmer weather will likely kill it off?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Of course...however there are over 3000 reported ( only reported ) deaths from this virus that at the moment there is no known cure or vaccination.

I am not complacent at all.

But it is a problem, no matter how small it is perceived to be, and therefore I am cautious...yes I have hand gel and do wash my hands ...i would rather be safe than sorry...simple as.

Sorry if that gets your goat!

One person is killed in a road accident every 25 seconds in the world, but you still drive and walk across roads, so why aren't you staying at home if you get that worried about 15 confirmed virus cases in the UK.

I would suggest you need to adjust you hazard perception, alternatively just play your round of golf and give the Amex a miss.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That would be considered excellent hygiene in most parts of China, from the stories I've heard...

Also my understanding was that - like most seasonal flus - warmer weather will likely kill it off?

Yes, Trump has said that it will be gone by April. No need to worry Donald has spoken.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
If I was going on Saturday I would definitely consider wearing this....

31gLUDkVZDL._AC_.jpg75794ca6f8c6165f2fb331e04ff3f575.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
1000 people die from falling down stairs each year in this country alone.

I'm amazed the club are still planning to allow us to use the stairs on Saturday.
Tory MPs drink water as well as Yorkshire Tea. The amount of deaths from dehydration will be catastrophic in the next few weeks judging by Twitter.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm taking a small, domestic, Uzi machine gun. Anyone so much as sniffs near me and they get a burst - especially if they're wearing claret and blue.

No one will blame me.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm taking the precaution of not going, missed Palace at home last season because my son and wife weren't well and this year my daughter has just been born so staying at home and looking after the family.

Same outcome would be nice.

Precaution wise wash your hands and if you're a proper nut job an overpriced P3 mask from Screwfix or Toolstation will do the job, just don't put it on over your sunglasses like I saw some daft people doing on the Guardian website yesterday.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
1000 people die from falling down stairs each year in this country alone.

I'm amazed the club are still planning to allow us to use the stairs on Saturday.

As a bungalow dweller, I wholeheartedly recommend the BOYCOTT unless they give us all personal Jetpacks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry for trying to help you not worry about something you don't need to worry about. :thumbsup:

No it’s great having an expert on here, who knows far more that all the various agencies around the world.

Thanks for putting us all straight.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A degree of caution is sensible in all areas of life.

However, you understand the chances of them catching this specific virus are infinitesimally small, right?

And to your second point, I believe it was one person. From approximately 82,000 cases. With the vast majority being in a country known for absolutely appalling hygiene conditions - my wife has travelled there numerous times for work, and will attest to that.

Far more likely to be trampled to death by a donkey. We should probably start a thread on donkeys. How many are there in Sussex? Are there any donkeys unaccounted for?

This may be the reason for concern about attending the AMEX on Saturday.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here