Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell is FINNISH

Firstly, congratulations on being one of a very small number of people on here who can totally disagree yet put your point over excellently without resorting to abuse:clap:

Without resorting to abuse? What abuse like aids ridden scumbag?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm sure we could find someone in football you hate and I like, and it would be the exact opposite.

Who else do you like, then?

The problem isn't whom you like or dislike (because those starting issues often make the best debates), it's when you call a popular ex-manager an 'aids ridden scumbag' that I become rather irritated.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is there any PROOF that he is an AIDS ridden scumbag?

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
There is an ocean of difference between constructing an argument about why you don't like Steve Coppell, and calling him an 'Aids Ridden Scumbag'.

As for Alex Ferguson, he does polarise opinion, not least of all because of his double standards. He moans about getting poor press in Manchester, yet refuses to talk to the local paper there, as well as the BBC.

He was berating players agents in relation to Wes Brown, yet his son works as (or for) an agent. He offered support to the Albion in relation to Falmer, as part of his belief in grass roots football, yet criticises those United fans (and these are real fans, the former hardcore) who stood up for their beliefs and set up FC United when the Glazer takeover took place.

His team play to his beliefs and are a joy to watch, yet for many it is a soulless joy, brought about through exploitation of a tragedy and a limitless cheque book.

He is the most successful modern day manager domestically, yet has won less European Cups than Brian Clough, despite being the richest club in the world.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At last, the Aids ridden scumbag is being found out. Nice to see him looking f***ing clueless on the sidelines today. Aston Villa really should have scored four or five:lolol:
Don't listen to the rest of them, he's an AIDS ridden scumbag and make no mistake about it, where do you think the song comes from, there's no smoke without fire.
I agree about Fergie as well, add Mourinho to that list, everyone always admires the boring managers, graceful in defeat and never says anything controversial, if there were more managers like that the game would be dull as dishwater. Coppell is a bottler, he can't handle the big jobs, why do you think he left us for a small club

Yes, but I'm not actually talking to Steve Coppell am I?:jester:

No but abuse is still abuse whether you talking to someone on a message board or writing about someone on a message board.
You have your right to not like Coppell, but to call him an aids ridden scumbag is not really neccesary to promote your argument is it?

Yes, but I'm not actually talking to Steve Coppell am I?:jester:

Oh yeah and thanks for putting the jester after your sentence, you take the moral high ground and thank someone for not resorting to abuse yet you abuse Coppell in your first post in this thread. Then you call me a jester for pointing this out.
Have you heard of the word hypocrite?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Nothing wrong with Coppell. I think some people may be a little homophobic on here, but nothing wrong with being gay. Frankly its a credit that he has done so well as a manager given the potential prejudice in the game.

i don't think this contribution got the attention it deserved...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Going through a bad patch at the moment, but an excellent manager.

Coppell's Reading didn't get 106 points (the overall English league points record) in a season for nothing.

I accept and try to reason with all criticism on this board, apart from when it's from a certain minority. They are mentals, obviously thick people, wind-up merchants, and hypocrites. You fall into at least a couple of those categories, and I suggest you stick to sucking Mr El Abd's penis rather than wasting my time:thumbsup:

Who cares you Complete Nadger, your opinion is shit.

End of

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here