Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Copello to stay on as England coach

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lahm was the best left-back in the Euros and is now the best right-back at this world cup. Dani Alves was playing central midfield the other day.
The best players can play in a variety of positions, none of the English seem to be able to play in one

Clueless honestly...i give up

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Clueless honestly...i give up
The only reason you say that is because HE is right.

Our players aren't versatile enough to play more than one position. Which is why I say it doesn't matter who the manager is, you can't polish a turd.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The only reason you say that is because HE is right.

Our players aren't versatile enough to play more than one position. Which is why I say it doesn't matter who the manager is, you can't polish a turd.

You too are clueless

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You say you're a centre back. I've got you down as a Peter Kay "'ave it" type. Probably a bit shit and lump it in the air.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Because he's a flat track bully who often goes missing against better opposition? ???
Flat track bully - good to make a cricket analogy for reasons I'll come to. I agree with Chappers in that as many of the serial failures as possible should be binned. Relating it back to cricket back in the 1990s the England team was full of big-name players who'd done well in domestic cricket and had won loads of trophies. However when they got together as England and faced say Australia they under-performed. They knew Australia as a team were better and whenever Australia got on top you could see England crumble as the apparent inevitability of yet another defeat crushed the life out of them.

The football team is now in exactly the same place. Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Cole are all good players, but they know deep down that when they play together as England they are just not good enough - they've proved it time and time and time again and it was so noticeable against Germany. "Oh shit" you could see them thinking. "Once again we've come up against a decent team and once again we're going to lose. Yup, there we go."

We need players who aren't tainted by the stench of serial failure. Also players who the country can support instead of thinking "Actually I don't really care if these twats win or not."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jt was 'not so great' against the Germans.

'not so great'

You're MENTAL. He was f***ing SHIT son.

Upson worse and JT was OK in patches... It's all a blur to be honest mate - seemed surreal that game....... The officials were by far the worst on the pitch out of the 26 people involved

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Flat track bully - good to make a cricket analogy for reasons I'll come to. I agree with Chappers in that as many of the serial failures as possible should be binned. Relating it back to cricket back in the 1990s the England team was full of big-name players who'd done well in domestic cricket and had won loads of trophies. However when they got together as England and faced say Australia they under-performed. They knew Australia as a team were better and whenever Australia got on top you could see England crumble as the apparent inevitability of yet another defeat crushed the life out of them.

The football team is now in exactly the same place. Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Cole are all good players, but they know deep down that when they play together as England they are just not good enough - they've proved it time and time and time again and it was so noticeable against Germany. "Oh shit" you could see them thinking. "Once again we've come up against a decent team and once again we're going to lose. Yup, there we go."

We need players who aren't tainted by the stench of serial failure. Also players who the country can support instead of thinking "Actually I don't really care if these twats win or not."
They're not tainted by the stench of serial failure. They're tainted by the inability to keep the ball against quality opposition.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This is a complete joke, whatever you think of the decision the FA have bottled it again. What happened to the two weeks thinking time? Where is the review of what happened at the World Cup? Where is the long term strategic plan?

The press have not called for Capello's head therefore he keeps his job. If they had Capello would be gone. The press wanted a disciplinarian coach in came Capello, before that they wanted an english coach in comes McClaren and on and on it goes. Sack the lot of them, the FA are to blame and they are never held accountable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on, Pantani.

I think there is a good case for disbanding some of the bodies that run our sports - they are a f***ing joke - starting with the ECB, the LTA and the FA. All of them, absolute shite.

The RFU are the best of a very bad bunch but IMO, are still nowhere near good enough. (England have 3 times the number of players of any other rugby playing nation, but have won the World Cup ONCE)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here