Copello to stay on as England coach

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
2 more years of hurt then..

Do you really believe a new manager would get England to win the Euros?

England have had 44 years of hurt and it's not about to change anytime soon, just wish people would realise that and take any success as a great achievement rather than a God given right

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Brilliant new if nothing else keeps bloody Redknapp away from it.
Bring on the news players, Hart, Johnson, Gibbs, Rodwell etc

As long as they all find new clubs and actually play every week then yes.

As it stands how much game time are those 4 getting next season....

Not bloody much between them

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Do you really believe a new manager would get England to win the Euros?

England have had 44 years of hurt and it's not about to change anytime soon, just wish people would realise that and take any success as a great achievement rather than a God given right

Nope i dont expect a new manager to deliver, i know this one wont though.

If he changes from a rigid 442 and plays people in the positions they play for there clubs i am happy for him to stay on.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

hart maybe, Johnson will play for man city, Rodwell is a cert at Everton and Gibbs depends on if Arsenal sell Clichy or loan him out.

you really are a glass half full type of guy ain't you

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
hart maybe, Johnson will play for man city, Rodwell is a cert at Everton and Gibbs depends on if Arsenal sell Clichy or loan him out.

you really are a glass half full type of guy ain't you

Rodwell isnt a cert at all ! mainly a sub last season.
Hart needs a new club
Gibbs plays in the carling cup
And Johnson...well who knows who city will sign next....

More sensible way of looking at it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Agree, can't see rushing through youngsters before they're playing regular club football is a good idea. Think we need to stick to the main core of the squad with a few additions here and there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? Adam Johnson don't ring any bells, Kieran Gibbs at Arsenal and possibly the best young prospect Jake Rodwell.

Not heard of any of them. Theo Walcott yes, Kieran Gibbs no. How old are they? Are they youth team players or something?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good news. Hopefully he'll have learnt from his mistakes of the past 2-3 months.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who cares.
Wilkinson also wants 11-a-side matches banned until the kids are mature enough to use the space, because as it stands, 11-a-side early on simply encourages the early maturing kids to look better than they really are.

My son plays in under 13`s and our top striker scored 35 goals this season but he can`t actually control a ball.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Full statement from FA:

The Football Association confirmed today that Fabio Capello will continue as England Team Manager.

This followed a meeting of the Club England Board (Sir Dave Richards, Alex Horne, Sir Trevor Brooking and Adrian Bevington) and formal approval by The FA main Board.

The Club England Board considered all aspects of England’s performance and operations at the FIFA World Cup, and it was unanimously agreed that Fabio is not to blame and absolutely the best man to continue managing the England team.

Club England Chairman Sir Dave Richards said: “We are all disappointed at our performance in South Africa, and we believed it was important that we took some time to reflect on everything in a calm and considered manner back in England. After fully discussing our performance we remain convinced that Fabio is the best man for the job.

“He went into the World Cup with a reputation as one of World football’s finest managers and we are confident Fabio will benefit from his first international tournament experience and this will undoubtedly make us all stronger for the Euro 2012 campaign in which we hope Fabio can take us to the finals.”

FA Board Acting Chairman Roger Burden commented: “The FA Board supports this decision. It is the right decision and will allow us now to rebuild for the future with Fabio leading us forward.”

England Manager Fabio Capello said: "I am more determined than ever to succeed with the England team.

"Sir Dave Richards has called me to tell me everyone at The FA wants me to continue. I explained it is very important we use the disappointment as a motivation in the future.

"I can assure the fans I am now fully focused on our European qualifying fixtures, starting with the friendly against Hungary in August.

"We will look to introduce new players to give the team new energy and give a succesful blend with the current experience within the squad.

"I am extremely proud to be the England Manager, it means so much to me and I am determined to succeed."

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good news! He will learn from this and he will remove some of the rotten apples that have poisoned the England team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here