Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Copello to stay on as England coach

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What, you mean he's NOT resigning and chucking away £12m ?

Well well well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zamora will play against Hungary. FACT.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who's Copello?

Has Steve changed his name and gone all continental on us?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Capelleo I still think has something to offer. I think he will be massively pissed off and have wholesale changes for the Hungary game. This is good news for Zamora and others on the fringe as the tried and tested losers will not be given another chance. Capello will want to win Euro 2012.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Right. Time to BIN Lampard, Gerrard, Terry and James then. He f***ing BETTER had anyway.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think this is a face saving, money saving exercise by 'you know who' rather than a genuine belief in the manager -

I hope I'm wrong
but I believe we're in another two years of misery.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Capello has something to offer still I think. This is good news for Zamora and others on the fringe as Capello will be mightily pissed off at our World cup debacle and the tried and tested losers will be dropped. I can see wholesale changes on the way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who cares.

If the FA were serious about improving the nation's football, they'd have implemented Howard Wilkinson's recommendations years ago. He advocated ditching 4-4-2 in 1994 or being left behind. He also wondered whether the fact that Germany has about ten times as many qualified kids coaches might have something to do with their relative success, and according to Wilkinson, the coaches we do have are teaching the kids the wrong things. Wilkinson also wants 11-a-side matches banned until the kids are mature enough to use the space, because as it stands, 11-a-side early on simply encourages the early maturing kids to look better than they really are.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2010/07/01/an-england-analysis-ahead-of-its-time/?mh

Of course it seemed too much like hard work for our piss poor FA, so they've just swept his findings under the carpet, and paid the top man a fortune so that they can blame it on him when it all goes wrong.

Note to the FA. Pay the top man what you want, but please remember that even he can't polish a turd.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Brilliant new if nothing else keeps bloody Redknapp away from it.
Bring on the news players, Hart, Johnson, Gibbs, Rodwell etc

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Right. Time to BIN Lampard, Gerrard, Terry and James then. He f***ing BETTER had anyway.

f*** me has James not announced his international retiremnet yet.
He should do the decent thing to be honest.

Surely Terry has blown it with Capello ?

Gerrard and Lampard will be picked for sure....

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
Good manager who has accepted he made mistakes. I'm pleased, get a few of the under achievers out, and bring in younger talent, e.g. Adam Johnson and Ashley Young.

Bring on the euros.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's irrelevant. Managers come and go and nothing really changes with the team....England beat teams ranked below them but loose to those above them. It's been like this all my life and under numerous managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here