Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Consistent flow of fans leaving early every game

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If the players expected to be clapped off yesterday then they should have tried a bit harder for the couple of hours leading up to that.

What do people suggest, locking all the doors until 10 minutes after the whistle to force people to stay against their wills?

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Interesting turn of phrase there. Wouldn't someone who was at the game know about the public transport difficulties and also have seen many fans who arrived 5-10 minutes late because of a train cancellation and traffic jam? Were you there Vaughan? When did you leave? And how do you travel?

Yes I was there and I left at full time and had no problem regarding the trains

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wow just wow…south Norwood an inner city ghetto, most fans live local, bedsits, etc… you need to get out of the middle class utopia that is Brighton.

I know it’s tongue in cheek but a lot of palace fans come from the south of Norwood, inner city Ghettos like Warlingham, woldingham Oxted and East grinstead or really rough places like Dulwich or Bromley. We can’t all live in leafy Whithawk or the tree lined roads of portslade.

Come on.

The correct reply to my post would have been . . . .

(brace yourself).........

:fishing: :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If the players expected to be clapped off yesterday then they should have tried a bit harder for the couple of hours leading up to that.

What do people suggest, locking all the doors until 10 minutes after the whistle to force people to stay against their wills?

Lol….well there was one caller to RS who complained that Biss (he wasn’t the only player) went down the tunnel without applauding any fans well firstly there was hardly anyone to applaud and it probably was the best thing as i for one could be arsed to put my hands together even once

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Took me 4 hours to get there yesterday with the cr@p traffic
Left with 5 minutes to go due to the cr@p football.

probably the first time we have left before the final whistle.

No medals are awarded to stay until the bitter end and clap a load of millionares who really did not look interested......and to tell the truth the players yesterday needed to know how the majority of the fans felt about thier display.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Most of our supporters live no more than an hour train journey away by what it seems, so what you're talking about is a bit different

Even if that is factually correct, which I doubt, you are not taking into account the amount of time needed to actually get on said train...

Now pop back to Selhurst, but mind the building works around that nice new stand...

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only the 3rd time I've ever left before the final whistle. The others were away, 5 nil down to Palarse and away to Northampton as I'd miss a train, just got into the street and we equalised so rushed back in to see the Cobblers score a winner. Yesterday it was wet, cold, crap footie and I had five moaning kids with me who all wanted to go home. With transport shambles I understand leaving early. I never understood people that take their seat 10 minutes late with a bag of chips, then disappear 10 minutes before half-time and emerge deep into the second half. Football aside it's poor economics on an expensive day out.

I’m surrounded in the NS by folk doing that, when I can be bothered to go.

Their prerogative. I think a load of folk who go to Amex games are there more for the craic/food/drinks with mates. Often young fans, who chat and joke away mid match about anything and everything non-Albion.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I think it's about time someone says this but is it just me that thinks there's an issue with so many people leaving early?

From what I've gathered from my few years watching the Albion I noticed that nearly every game a flow of fans have left before the final whistle, obviously yesterday wasn't a good one, probably our worst under potter but we're 9th yet about two thirds of the ground cleared out 10 minutes before the end.

And when so many people leave, how do we expect to produce a miracle last minute goal in any game when there isn't much support left?

I believe too many people are prioritizing getting home over supporting the team and if that's the case then why go in the first place?

Anyway, I'd like to hear what you lot think about it or any solutions there could be

Blimey this topic has never come up before! Personally I clap the team off with jnr & stay there until the stewards kick us out of the stand. I also leave my seat a couple of mins b4 half time to get to the bar to get food but malinger on the steps just in case I miss something. Does that make me a 'good' and 'bad' fan? I can stay until the end and even hang around the concourse after as I have the luxury of being able to do a 5 min walk to the bus stop, then when the bus arrives, a 10 min bus journey. The bus stop I get off at, is 2 mins from my house. I could probably walk it in 30 mins. I was unable to go yesterday but as you can gather, I live quite near the stadium. The weather was s**t, the traffic was s**t, exacerbated by the trains being s**t, even if it was really close score wise, people would've left early. Not many people live as near as I do & everyone's circumstances are different. If they need or want to leave early then I don't sit there judging them, they've put their money into the coffers, they can do what they like. :facepalm:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Don’t know where the OP got the info but it is freely available on the club site.

Brighton fans, on average, live 35 miles from the American Express Community Stadium (the Premier League average is 56 miles)

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1627538/albion-rank-third-in-premier-league-fan-survey

Averages can be so easily skewed.

I really don't believe that on average, Southampton, Everton, Burnley, Palace, Norwich, Watford, Wolves, Leicester, Brentford fans live 56 miles from their ground.

Clearly the likes of the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham have fans that travel from further afield, which inevitably would push the average up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here