Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Wickham

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I think Liam will be sold this week for about £3m

What about Will? When do you think he will be sold and for about how much?

Do you also think there is a possibility we will sign Joe from Cardiff City for around £500,000?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Do you also think there is a possibility we will sign Joe from Cardiff City for around £500,000?

I'd really like to see Buckley get some match fitness and start skinning fullbacks again.
If that is still a possibility with his dodgy hamstring, I'd be happy to wait.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wickham was awful two years ago playing for Sunderland down here.

Wickham replaced Cattermole who was playing well in the first half for them).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If you want my opinion; I do not think either will happen this month. All clubs need 4 strikers so we are desperately short and I think that the club have a player lined up possibly from Europe somewhere other than UK based as they are cheaper but if all fails through they may go back to Mason of Cardiff as an insurance.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Wickham was awful two years ago playing for Sunderland down here.

Wickham replaced Cattermole who was playing well in the first half for them).

He was only 18 then, now only 20.

8 goals in 9 games at the minute, I reckon he would be a cracking striker to sign. Would need about £5,000,000 for him though.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Why not say that this is total speculation in the title or at least the comment. Just add a question mark to the title in future. Not helpful. :angry:

If I couldn't find the pound sign, I wasn't likely to find the question mark :)

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I wonder if we'd hedge the Euros back into Sterling, or keep a Euro bank account as a fund for buying players from Euro-denominated countries, or even as a punt on the currency markets. Exciting times.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
This thread is comedy gold.
A complete fantasy of a transfer deal resplendent with player + cash and the whole transaction undertaken in Euros because the original poster can't find the £ sign on his I pad.
A very genuine laugh our loud from me :-D

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and didn't that (alleged) bag of shite we just sold to Burnley score 5 in 6.
Bloody Hell, we should have asked for at least 5 million

6 in 24.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I wonder if we'd hedge the Euros back into Sterling, or keep a Euro bank account as a fund for buying players from Euro-denominated countries, or even as a punt on the currency markets. Exciting times.

Does Brighton have a treasury department to look after that, could be a dangerous strategy? Also Bitcoins could be used to assist with playing agents "fees" but that would add a whole new complication!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
More likely Bridcutt +2m for Wıckham... theyll wnat to get the money back for what they paid Ipswıch

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Does Brighton have a treasury department to look after that, could be a dangerous strategy? Also Bitcoins could be used to assist with playing agents "fees" but that would add a whole new complication!

If we're going to start accepting foreign currency, I think a treasury department would be an excellent idea. However, I think most treasurers would give bitcoins a wide berth. Better off paying agents in either cake or pies, if that's possible.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Can anyone who works at Asda hollingbury, keep their eyes peeled for Barber popping in and trying to change up 2m in Euros into pounds at the currency exchange counter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here