Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congraulations West Stand...

hope she makes enough noise for you when you f***? poor cow....

AGAIN! If someone decides I am a sad, lonely, horney singleton I am going to let them know otherwise. I told you lot the truth and three or four posters haver taken offence to it. If posters are going to bring up something about me personally when they have no clue who I am then I shall respond accordingly. Some of this abuse is completely unjust.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I'm WSL (very front of north corner) I was up & singing, I don't think it's fair to say 12000 of us were just sitting there as that's not true is it.... Plus we ended the "we're the west stand" chant stronger than the north a couple of times (not that it matters) but it not true at all we were silent until the 88th minute, in fact it's utter bollocks.
Oh and I stayed until the end & clapped the boys off of the pitch so lumping me into your rant feels a little unfair to be honest.

Cheer up anyway mate

Last edited:

I'm WSL (very front of north corner) I was up & singing, I don't think it's fair to say 1200 of us were just sitting there as that's not true is it.... Plus we ended the "we're the west stand" chant stronger than the north a couple of times (not that it matters) but it not true at all we were silent until the 88th minute, in fact it's utter bollocks.
Oh and I stayed until the end & clapped the boys off of the pitch so lumping me into your rant feels a little unfair to be honest.

Cheer up anyway mate

I take your point. The categorization of "12000" was unjust and I take it back. However the noise coming from what was meant to be a singing section at the top of the stand was pitifull. Yes some did sing. Genuinley fantastic. Yet the flat atmosphere coming from that stand bugged me. 2-0 up and not a peep for the most part.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I thought I had quite a good afternoon at the Amex but reading this apparently I didn't.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I take your point. The categorization of "12000" was unjust and I take it back. However the noise coming from what was meant to be a singing section at the top of the stand was pitifull. Yes some did sing. Genuinley fantastic. Yet the flat atmosphere coming from that stand bugged me. 2-0 up and not a peep for the most part.

At the very beginning we were VERY quite & didn't even respond to the "we're the north stand" chant but i think it was a bit of nerves.
It was a little flat but there were a few trying to get it going (myself included)
I enjoyed it & thought the atmosphere was better than the last couple of home games so hopefully it will improve

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I thought I had quite a good afternoon at the Amex but reading this apparently I didn't.

im glad you have finally understood you must sometimes leave your brain at the turnstile and only adhere to the rantings of some NSC users

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
This is my first thread in donkey's. The West Stand were shite today. That is it. At what point have I been negative towards the players or staff. What is negative is 1200 people sitting there not supporting our club when they need it. It's not hard for you to at least respond to "We are the North stand". Don't even get out of your seat.

I wasn't bemoaning you specifically, just that these threads are ever so commonplace and I don't see why people feel the need to start one after every game.

For the record I DO stand up and sing in response to the "We're the North Stand" chant every time I hear it. It might not always be deafeningly loud, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This thread deserves to be bounced occasionally just to show how f***ing pointless a life some people have of they get into a strop just because some people didn't sing a few football songs.

For what it's worth I agree with the sentiments of the OP but jesus, to have a three page thread about it is just an embarrassment.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well you could of told me I was a "bell-end" while handing out those REMF leaflets for you a couple of years ago. Ah well. Not related to you personally but the thread in general why people feel the need to bring up my sex life is quite beyond me as it bears no relation to the display that the West stand gave today. At what point in this bloody thread did I question the fans loyalty in general for christ sake? Ridiculous. Yes there are people on here who have supported the Albion longer than me but I too have watched games at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and Amex and can safely say I understand the perspective of the fans. There are some quite ludicrous comments on this thread. Especially the one about me being in between "homework and wanking". Seriously guy's what on earth has that got to do with anything. Why be so petty and childish?

People who actually know me will tell you I am a decent fan who follows the club around the UK. If people want to bring my LOYALTY into question then go ahead. I have not brought your loyalty into question at all. You sit there. You pay your money. You do what the friggin hell you like. But when a stand of 12000 people sit there and put that amount of vocal support into there team then it's not on in my opinion. Thats not fact. Opinion. My opinion! By the way can people also put the fact my username looks like something a child wrote at school behind them and not paint me out to be some spotty, un-educated delinquent? It is very patronising and stereotypical and displays all that has gone wrong with this bloody website.

Anyway all I wanted to say was get behind the team. I once got told I was the most positive poster on here during the Adams/Salde days. Take into account previous posts before laying into me and painting me out to be someone I quite categorically am not. Anyway I'm going back to wanking into a picture of my fake girlfriend while trying to calculate the sum of 2 + 2. Jesus f***ing CHRIST!

I'm exceptionally grateful for your help with REMF - you've just underlined my point about 'worthwhile'.

But what point is there in moaning about everyone apart from yourself when you haven't sorted yourself out?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I do go to away games thank you. I am attending Middlesborough and Blackpool this season and have done Pompey, Millwall and Watford so far. I also have a season ticket and have done for quite some time. Anybody questioning my perspective of our fans and my loyalty will lose. End of.

Just 3 away games? Pathetic! Call yourself a loyal fan?? Why not every game as a matter of interest?
WSU was quiet, but the whole ground was quiet today.
Still we won so guess that a quiet Amex suits our players, so perhaps we could all be quieter for the next home game.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Had a brilliant day yesterday and nothing to grumble about. But purely as an observation, from the family area, I was very surprised how quiet it was generally, especially the West Stand.

I suppose it was my expectations with it being such an important game that the crowd would be more fired up. But whether it was nerves, the lack of away fans, the relatively unglamorous opposition, too many chicken baltis, who knows...those factors came out on top.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Couple of things: it didn't sound at all quiet on the radio, very far from it. In order to get a cheap and dirty laugh at their accents, I flicked the Seagulls Players commentary over to Barnsley's just as they were remarking how loud it was in there, how they couldn't hear themselves etc.

It's been said a million times before but clearly needs to be said again: anyone who expects a decent atmosphere throughout after a team's not won for nine games needs their head examined. Totally unrealistic.

Oh and this:

Not related to you personally but the thread in general why people feel the need to bring up my sex life is quite beyond me as it bears no relation to the display that the West stand gave today.

and this:
hope she makes enough noise for you when you f***? poor cow....

both really made me laugh, one "at" and one "with".

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Sometimes the West Stand is loud, sometimes it is not. Sometimes the North Stand is loud, sometimes it is not. This can be determined by a number of factors.

The simple fact is that anyone who has been to more than 5 away games in the last few years would recognise that The Amex is one of the noiser grounds (in terms of noise "per person", i.e. Old Trafford is probably louder cos there is a f***-load more people) in the country.

Can we please PLEASE not feel the need after every single f***ing game to moan about one part of the ground being "too quiet". It is f***ing boring.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sometimes the West Stand is loud, sometimes it is not. Sometimes the North Stand is loud, sometimes it is not. This can be determined by a number of factors.

The simple fact is that anyone who has been to more than 5 away games in the last few years would recognise that The Amex is one of the noiser grounds (in terms of noise "per person", i.e. Old Trafford is probably louder cos there is a f***-load more people) in the country.

Can we please PLEASE not feel the need after every single f***ing game to moan about one part of the ground being "too quiet". It is f***ing boring.

Amen

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
From West Stand Upper, the North Stand was SILENT

I'm exceptionally grateful for your help with REMF - you've just underlined my point about 'worthwhile'.

But what point is there in moaning about everyone apart from yourself when you haven't sorted yourself out?

Im not quite sure I understand? Are you advising me that my opinion should be based on my self alone and that the next thread I scribe should be based on the opinions on ones self? I dont quite understand how I should be sorting myself out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here