Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congraulations West Stand...

Just 3 away games? Pathetic! Call yourself a loyal fan?? Why not every game as a matter of interest?
WSU was quiet, but the whole ground was quiet today.
Still we won so guess that a quiet Amex suits our players, so perhaps we could all be quieter for the next home game.

1. Because I have work and can't afford it. Simples. You may expect me to ask you how many games you attend? I couldn't care less. Doesnt make you any more or less a fan than me.

2. The whole ground was not quite yesterday. Around 2/3 of it was. That is to be expected as obvioiusly the north attracts different kind's of fans i.e. why the stand was marketed as a singing stand and one in which a few rows can stand up. I lost my voice through singing yesterday. I am not one of those arseholes who constantly rattle on and scream out "is this a fire drill" every bleeding time somebody leaves their seat. Again doesnt make me any more of a fan. But my general point WAS and IS that west standers bemoan and dictate to the north stand what sort of songs we sing. People telling me I am informing them how to support their team are wrong. But if people give it they have to take it. Double standards.

3. Are you honestly trying to justify the lack of noise by saying it helps the players? Evidentally you ARE being sarcastic yet all I am hearing is justification for the lack of noise. Support the players how you bloody like! It is just MY OPINION that the West, particularly the upper singing section, did not give enough vocal support. Honestly what do the players prefer? You being there on a sunday at 3 p.m. is support in itself. Yet they would much rather, like the West stand HAS DONE, a big rendition of Albion etc to get them going. I am not instructing you how to support your team. I am just again of the opinion that there was not enough vocal support at all on Sunday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Every game we get threads about not making enough noise blah blah.

I thought the atmosphere was decent today.

West Stand wasn't the loudest its been but was hardly silent either.

Constant threads on here bemoaning entire sections of the crowd don't actually help.

I get disappointed when the atmosphere is flat and I don't like to see people leaving early BUT I don't feel the need to come on here and bleat about it every other week. It's getting boring.

Very well said and true. The fact is it depends on where u sit - we heard pretty much 0 from Barnsley from W Upper North end - infact Leeds are the only team we've heard loudly for a sustained period.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What about the South Stand? For the first time there was a chance to get all four sides of the ground signing, but was there a single chant of "We're the South Stand"?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
For the first time the West Stand started the "We're the xxxx stand" chant, twice in fact, but the first didn't work due to us winning a corner

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can we mix it up a bit next time and have the West Stand sing 'we're the north stand' and vice versa?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can we mix it up a bit next time and have the West Stand sing 'we're the north stand' and vice versa?

That was sung about four times yesterday, by the fourth one the West Stand couldn't be arsed with another rendition and the north stand booed. It was brilliant.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
just asking for a bit of clarity for those of us listening live on player abroad ...
when the west stand sing, "we´re the west stand"
is it really the west stand singing or is it this murraymints4brighton bloke making all the noise from the north stand?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I do wonder when some of you find time between worrying what other stands are signing to watch the football at matches

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I]Our fans are a bunch of utter wankers some times. Just unbeleivable...[/I][/B]
( Awaits a response regarding leaving and the sunday service :tosser: )
Your OP may have had a point but with respect, what response do you expect to get when you alienate so many fans by calling them wankers ( I thought we all supported the same club?). I sit the the East Family and did at least once hear the West start up "were the west stand" without any prompting by the North. Even so are you not just happy that we WON ?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
AGAIN! If someone decides I am a sad, lonely, horney singleton I am going to let them know otherwise. I told you lot the truth and three or four posters haver taken offence to it. If posters are going to bring up something about me personally when they have no clue who I am then I shall respond accordingly. Some of this abuse is completely unjust.

We have so many of these the ridiculous threads. Its all about the team's performance on the pitch, previous results, where you sit and accoustics. I sit in WSU Block G - to me it always seems a good atmosphere and the north always seems loud - maybe thats because I am close to them. I have never really heard the way fans - other than Leeds maybe cos they are far way from me. I have never heard the east stand but i am glad they turn up regardless.

I thought at times the West Stand responded well and sang well yesterday considering the crowd were nervous. The team played well but never really did alot to get the crowd going they have to play their part. The Northstand sung well but not as loud as other games perhaps nervous too. But i really dont get why there is a need to critisize stands for singing or not singing. I didnt choose the north stand because i have got used to watching football from the sides and the wsu seemed the best option and close to the northstand where i assumed the atmosphere would be the best. I think i lucked out great veiw and good atmosphere and when the game is good it rocks in the WSU.

So enjoy your north stand we love you singing and sorry about the GF comment but i am sure when you are giving a good performance she responds accordingly....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here