Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congraulations West Stand...

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Until the goal went in I felt a bit nervous the crowd wasnt the loudest it has been but how dare you question the support of the west stand. The north stand have spurts of songs and most of them in pockets.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I go to watch and applaud my team when they deserve it, if I want to sing I would join a choir.
Although it was satisfying to gain three points the overall performance was not great, I hope Noone remains injury free as without him we dont appear to attack the opponents goal area.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It was quieter than usual but didn't hear enough from any of the four stands for someone to be giving it the billy big bollocks to be honest. WSU G was singing the slow version of GOSBTS half-way through the second half, sounded really good. Even so, having been to Birmingham, Watford, Bristol City and even Millwall, I think people are missing the point - even a quieter than usual Amex is ten times louder than any of the grounds we've been to this year. Even when tense, we sing way more often, and way louder, than the home fans of any club I've seen so far.

Game wasn't exactly a barnstormer either, workmanlike and efficient but not the most exhilarating 90 minutes. You can say the atmosphere should spur on the team or the team should spur on the atmosphere, it's quite chicken/egg, but I know I for one was nursing a pretty monstrous hangover which doesn't help.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
What a stupid thread to post after a great win.

It is quite obvious that the noise is always loudest wherever you happen to sit. I thought it was good in WSU (South End) today and the North Stand was fairly quite - but then I could hear the Barnsley fans singing whereas the North probably couldn't.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Whole crowd was not great. Agree North better today which is probably a first. Cant really wonder why after run we been on and as someone mentioned still better than alot of grounds. We are all in it together as one so lets not bother with nit picking. West help the North and visa versa.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
west stand did know it was only one minutes silence not 90?

With you on that to an extent HG.

I thought the atmosphere was somewhat 'different' today in the WSU, laid back as such, perhaps being a Sunday.

Nothing yet again from the 1901.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
a. You would expect this to be the quietest section though no?
b. With this in mind, I think actually a good amount of people do sing there. Most who haven't experienced it would be suprised.
d. What happened to c. ?

Fair retort, but C?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
. It's not hard for you to at least respond to "We are the North stand".

Perhaps if it had been sung LOUD enough, it might have got a response.
Can't respond to a chant you haven't heard!

???

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
This is my first thread in donkey's. The West Stand were shite today. That is it. At what point have I been negative towards the players or staff. What is negative is 1200 people sitting there not supporting our club when they need it. It's not hard for you to at least respond to "We are the North stand". Don't even get out of your seat.

I'm in the west upper . Don't tell me I don't support my club enough . I've probably been watching the albion since before you were born . So stop being a nob

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
a. You would expect this to be the quietest section though no?
b. With this in mind, I think actually a good amount of people do sing there. Most who haven't experienced it would be suprised.
d. What happened to c. ?

Experienced it?

What is it?

So enlighten me exactly what it is.

The 1901 span from North to South, and yet I've never heard them in voice whatsoever, and I'm pretty close.

I'm not anti 1901 whatsoever, but when people talk about 'experiencing it', I wonder.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Jog on you mug!

you really were f***ing pitifull today! Not a peep out of you for the entire bloody game until what me and the bloke around me counted was the 88th minute until you half hearedly blurted out a chorus of "albion". Are there really 12000 of you in there?

What gets me pissed off is people in that stand moaning on about how, when and what songs the north stand sing. "the nsk were quite today", "i hope they dont sing that bloody north stand song" etc. Liven up you bunch of cretins.

Where is this wall of noise???

And the west stand lower what a disgraceful emptying of the stand that was. Shocking. Tanno, greer, noone,harper and mackail smith all put in a good shift today and the least they deserved was a clap off. Even more so gus needed a bit of support from the fans. Just awful.

More so there are two threads moaning about paynter and harley despite our win! Paynter got a flick on for the goal and harley scored a bloody goal! Our fans are a bunch of utter wankers some times. Just unbeleivable...

( awaits a response regarding leaving and the sunday service :tosser: )

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
At least we have one thing in common ... we all support the same team .. don't we? Pity that fans get on the back of others ... sad really

Oct 6, 2010
Experienced it?

What is it?

So enlighten me exactly what it is.

The 1901 span from North to South, and yet I've never heard them in voice whatsoever, and I'm pretty close.

I'm not anti 1901 whatsoever, but when people talk about 'experiencing it', I wonder.

Er... watching the game from there. It's pretty basic English, I'll use pictures next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here