Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Saints match thread v Plymouth

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Kick off at 3pm. A win seals promotion for them.

Must be a foregone conclusion given how good they are.

Post match interview with Adkins expected to claim some glory for taking out OBL and introducing Kate to Will.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They're insisting that Plymouth provide a guard of honour for them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I understand that the league one trophy is being parachuted in at full time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Plymouth must win to stand any chance of avoiding relegation. You never know........

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Plymouth must win to stand any chance of avoiding relegation. You never know........

You're talking nonsense. Saints are the best team to have ever played in League One and a much much bigger club than Plymouth. I would expect a seven goal victory.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Come on Plymouth!

Not just because it's Southampton, but REALLY want Plymouth to stay up.

They need to beat Southampton, and then beat Orient at home.

Dag & Red are away to Peterborough, and Walsall away to Southampton on the final day.

If Plymouth win today, they've got a HUGE chance of staying up.

:clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Huddersfield are in dreamland if they think there is the slightest chance of Saints slipping up now.

Whatever's gone before, they are easily the second best team in this league. Huddersfield on Saturday were nowhere near them...yes they might have been nervous but the SCC players were in the same boat and they never really looked likely to slip up, whereas on the balance of play, we should have beaten Huddersfield comfortably.

I can't see Plymouth getting a thing out of them, and certainly not Walsall, who couldn't even beat us when our players were probably still hungover.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Though a win won't put a P beside their name in the table. Huddersfield would be 3 points behind with one game to play, though the massive goal difference makes it practically certain, it won't be mathematically certain.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Though a win won't put a P beside their name in the table. Huddersfield would be 3 points behind with one game to play, though the massive goal difference makes it practically certain, it won't be mathematically certain.

Exactement, they might as well crack open the champagne at the final whistle.

And fair play to them. I foresee Nigel Adkins having a Harry Redknapp moment once it's all over, in the "when I took over we were 22nd, it's a true miracle" blah blah style :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Listening on Player (radio Devon) Plymouth are holding on well atm. Honourable mentions for Brighton and our fans.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Brighton fans just got a mention from the Argyle commentary for helping their club saturday? They said not the 'first time we have done that'.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You're talking nonsense. Saints are the best team to have ever played in League One and a much much bigger club than Plymouth. I would expect a seven goal victory.
:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Listening to Saints commentary, and they have already said that Plymouth have raised their game as they are playing the great Southampton lol

And rightly so. They really are f***ing brilliant in every way. And also they are clearly lovely people as if they'd wanted to they could have won every match ten nil and won the division by Christmas. I love them. Big club for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here