Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Saints match thread v Plymouth

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
(please forgive the straight lift from my post on PASOTI)

(Deep breath)
Hope you get all your finances sorted out. The most important thing is that you have club next year! Always found Plymouth to be a friendly club and you deserve better.
As for the Saints fans, I would hope like all clubs that they have their share of idiots and this is not the majority of their fans! Still not good but they do have a bit of a rep for this!!!
On the now having stayed to applaud my team off - they tried, it’s not their fault we’re relegated, with our 10 points back and we’d be safe even after the player fire sale robbed us of our best hopes.

Took a route out via the club shop to personally thank some of the fabulous staff who have worked unpaid since before Christmas, tears from them, I was welling up a bit too I’m not too ashamed to admit, all very emotional.

I’m £200 lighter for the travelling, the tickets and the cash I put in the fighting fund to help keep my club going ………..

……..get back at to car, which was parked near the Saints coaches, and I find it covered in spit!. I’m speechless, can’t begin to formulate my rage into words, what an insult on today of all days, possibly the last week of our entire existence. W*nk*rs :wanker:.

I am proud though, I know I shouldn’t be but I am. I’m proud we haven’t just rolled over and died, I’m proud of the lads for going down with some fight this season unlike last season’s capitulation (far better players but no guts and no pride) but above all I’m proud that I DON’T come from a place like Southampton and I’m not at a club whose fans are held in the same contempt theirs are. I’m proud I come from Plymouth, I’m proud of our reputation as fans and I’m proud that whatever the next week brings I know we’ll go on, I know we’ll be back.

Be proud too, puff your chest out, raise your chin and face what’s coming with steely determination. We are Argyle!.

Now please go out and stuff them home and away next season............infact if I can get a ticket I may just bleddy well join you in your end, chunts the lot of them :annoyed:.

Hope you get all your finances sorted out. The most important thing is that you have club next year! Always found Plymouth to be a friendly club and you deserve better.
As for the Saints fans, I would hope like all clubs that they have their share of idiots and this is not the majority of their fans! Still not good but they do have a bit of a rep for this!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well done Saints, for the second place in the league is nothing to be sniffed at.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Congratualtions to Southampton. Championship should be an interesting league next season.

All the best to PAFC. Really hope you survive.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All the best to PAFC. Really hope you survive.(Blackadder)

We wish them well

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did I read there was another important PAFC announcement due this week Smithy?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well done Saints for nearly keeping up with us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hope that Argyle don't suffer the same fate as Stockport.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Did I read there was another important PAFC announcement due this week Smithy?

No...........your majesty :bowdown: :lol:

I think that was lost in translation during the day. There WAS talk of some bad news breaking tomorrow but my source today (and she's usually spot on) seems to believe it's nothing to get excited about. I wouldn't wish the adminsitration process on anyone (and quite how a club whose been there can be so unpleasant to us today is beyond me - rise above it son, let it go!), there are more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing but AFAIK the only impending gulp is on Friday with the CVA vote.

Never thought i'd say it but i'll be over the moon to be playing Crawley Town next season, it'll mean we're still a league club.

Big week ahead :down:.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have banned the little idiot, and removed a fair bit of his crap...... thing is he is not very carefull, he has given an a large amount of detail.....tut.....tut...silly boy.....

And he calls US gay!!!!....I am looking at a picture of him cuddling up to another guy!!!! :laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No...........your majesty :bowdown: :lol:

Never thought i'd say it but i'll be over the moon to be playing Crawley Town next season, it'll mean we're still a league club.

Big week ahead :down:.

At least it's a shorter drive for you :lol:

Nice pre-match drink in the Twat & Parrot, or the White Knight, perhaps?

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
At least it's a shorter drive for you :lol:

Nice pre-match drink in the Twat & Parrot, or the White Knight, perhaps?

Euughh, how uncooth. You forget that i'm a former resident of Slaugham Edna.

With one of our number also being a former regular of Staplefields finest real ale emporium I suspect the day will involve a very limited overs match on the Common, a long session over lunch followed by a short taxi ride to the Broadfield............then again, the fixture computer will probably give us a Tuesday night in November.

Thanks for the support guys, feeling much better this morning. It's weird, obviously you hope to stay up while it's still possible but in hindsight i'm content we're down. Knowing how i've felt in the past about clubs in administration staying up at the expense of clubs who stayed solvent, how could we look Walsall or Brizzle Rovers fans in the eye?.

All the best next season, and unlike the other stripey south coast club that moved from a tiny ropey old ground to a nice new stadium, don't disappear up your own backsides, remember where you came from.

:bowdown:

The sentiments regarding respects for SCC, Huddersfield Town, and all our competitors this past season can ultimately only bolster our own claim of worthiness - so yes, didn't they do well.

Some time ago I had wanted the two below us to also go up, as long as we did too - and despite the recent interactions and displays from minorities from theirs it seems they are still the best to want to share promotion under us.

Then top team doesn't always do the best of the bunch in subsequent seasons - so let's be aware not to take anything for granted and look at the next campaign as a tough ask. The last couple of home games at least, will have raised a bit of that awareness with GP, as if he wasn't alert to it already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here