Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Adam Virgo

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It's something he needs to sort out, clearly. It looked like a rush of blood in what was a heated performence from him.

He's not our best player. But he's our best defender, and, incidentally, El-Abd lost the header which was the assist for their goal, make of that what you will... I really struggle to see how the defence is going to look stronger with Tunnicliffe or El-Abd at the back instead of Virgo.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Ooh get a grip you silly berk. You obviously didn't even go to the game so you can't really back up your arguement. Tunnicliffe? Why him. Ok he needs games under his belt but not in the situation we're in, got enough under Slade anyway.
Just because he got a red (though it was a dead-cert) doesn't mean he was to blame for losing a historical chance of beating Leeds at Elland Road.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's something he needs to sort out, clearly. It looked like a rush of blood in what was a heated performence from him.

He's not our best player. But he's our best defender, and, incidentally, El-Abd lost the header which was the assist for their goal, make of that what you will... I really struggle to see how the defence is going to look stronger with Tunnicliffe or El-Abd at the back instead of Virgo.

As I mentioned I think any other player and Virgo would've won the ball or it would not have looked so bad but because it was the whippet like Gradel who ran onto the ball at full pelt it looked a lot worse than it probably was. As you say it was a rush of blood but then some players need to be on edge to bring the best out of themselves and I think Virgo fits into that category.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
A sound analysis pisshead.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Was not at the game yesterday, but virgs sounded our best player, its great how he has turned things around, only a couple of months ago it seemed as if he was on his way out of the club!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't care how short he is sold by the throw, there is no excuse for Virgo lunging in like that. He has only himself to blame, not Brezovan.

Absolutely agree. Virgo was hardly last man, and faced with a "win or bust" decision on that challenge. If he'd stayed on his feet, accepted possession was lost, there was no significant danger. It was a dreadful decision from Virgo.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Was not at the game yesterday, but virgs sounded our best player, its great how he has turned things around, only a couple of months ago it seemed as if he was on his way out of the club!

He certainly has. He was immense yesterday. Great shame he got a red, but the good news is that we have re-discovered a real gem, and his recent form probably puts him amongst the best centre backs in League One. After last season when he was a villain for most of the time, it's great to see one of the true Albion heroes back to his best.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I mentioned I think any other player and Virgo would've won the ball or it would not have looked so bad but because it was the whippet like Gradel who ran onto the ball at full pelt it looked a lot worse than it probably was. As you say it was a rush of blood but then some players need to be on edge to bring the best out of themselves and I think Virgo fits into that category.

As Gus said it wasn't a red card. Yello yes but it wasn't malicious just poorly timed. Had that been a Leeds player it wouldve been a yellow

Feb 14, 2010
Just seen the challenge on TV. Virgo can't have any complaints. He was late, he dived in and had studs showing. Who are the people commentating on Radio Sussex that didn't mention any of that? Its one thing wanting us to win to anohter failing to report what has happened.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Prat, Virgo was arguablly (along with Murray) our best player untill the red cards.
He's been on fire recently, but you says he gets worse every season? you are a prick.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just seen the challenge on TV. Virgo can't have any complaints. He was late, he dived in and had studs showing. Who are the people commentating on Radio Sussex that didn't mention any of that? Its one thing wanting us to win to anohter failing to report what has happened.

Yeh but you can have your studs showing and be genuinly going for the ball and just mis-time it. A lot of people who play football will say thatshouldn't be a red card - can see why it was given as it's at leeds and they were losing and he'd just given us a pen - that's one thing that's clear!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well no I didn't go to the game. But if he is as great as everyone supposedly says then why the hell does he have to lash out like that? Totally pathetic in my opinion.

And if our best player was sent off....how did the team play after that?

It has already been said on this thread but you are an idiot. To criticise Virgo in such a strong way you must have been to the game. Then it turns out you haven't and judging by your comments on Virgo you haven't been for a while as he has been our best player for the past few games and was yesterday. Having seen the replay it was a silly challenge but I agree with Poyet that a Leeds player may not have been sent off in that situation. I honestly think he went for the ball and it was a poor throw from Brezovan that put him in trouble. I am not Kuipers biggest fan, and I think Brezovan did well yesterday other than that, but you can be sure that Kuipers would have held on to that ball and not put a teammate in trouble.

Finally, to say that Tunnicliffe is better than Virgo shows the irrational dislike that you and others have for Virgo. Tunnicliffe has potential but at the moment Virgo is far better and will be really missed in the next four games. I find it sad that Virgo has gone from hero to villain with some of the more irrational people on here who can't seem to see when he has played well.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
It has already been said on this thread but you are an idiot. To criticise Virgo in such a strong way you must have been to the game. Then it turns out you haven't and judging by your comments on Virgo you haven't been for a while as he has been our best player for the past few games and was yesterday. Having seen the replay it was a silly challenge but I agree with Poyet that a Leeds player may not have been sent off in that situation. I honestly think he went for the ball and it was a poor throw from Brezovan that put him in trouble. I am not Kuipers biggest fan, and I think Brezovan did well yesterday other than that, but you can be sure that Kuipers would have held on to that ball and not put a teammate in trouble.

Finally, to say that Tunnicliffe is better than Virgo shows the irrational dislike that you and others have for Virgo. Tunnicliffe has potential but at the moment Virgo is far better and will be really missed in the next four games. I find it sad that Virgo has gone from hero to villain with some of the more irrational people on here who can't seem to see when he has played well.

Totally agree with all of that. Brezovan did well by all accounts yesterday but why he threw that to Virgo, I have no idea. To start a quick attack at that point of the game was totally the wrong call. The fact it was an awful throw obviously made matters worse. Virgo did dive in although I think it could have been a yellow rather than red. Their number 3 got him sent off and then threw a punch as Virgs walked away - if ref had seen that, they would have been down to 10 as well.

Virgo has been our best player over the past month or so and again, according to the radio and all other reports, he was brilliant yesterday at keeping Beckford out the game. All the fuss over Forster's contract, I think the most important player for us to get sorted re: contract is Virgo. He is again starting to prove his true worth to the team now that he has been given a decent run in the position where he feels most comfortable.

I swore to myself I wouldn't reply to this thread - goddammit!!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Totally agree with all of that. Brezovan did well by all accounts yesterday but why he threw that to Virgo, I have no idea. To start a quick attack at that point of the game was totally the wrong call. The fact it was an awful throw obviously made matters worse. Virgo did dive in although I think it could have been a yellow rather than red. Their number 3 got him sent off and then threw a punch as Virgs walked away - if ref had seen that, they would have been down to 10 as well.

Virgo has been our best player over the past month or so and again, according to the radio and all other reports, he was brilliant yesterday at keeping Beckford out the game. All the fuss over Forster's contract, I think the most important player for us to get sorted re: contract is Virgo. He is again starting to prove his true worth to the team now that he has been given a decent run in the position where he feels most comfortable.

I swore to myself I wouldn't reply to this thread - goddammit!!!!

I know, I probably shouldn't have replied either but to be honest if sane people don't reply to ridiculous threads then people like the Coca Cola Kid will think they are in the majority. Whereas in reality he is an idiot who slags off a player and then admits he wasn't even at the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here