Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Adam Virgo

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Once again you haven't failed to disappoint me, what happened to him? Gets shitter every season in my opinion. I want Tunnicliffe back, at least he was more determined!!!

Tunnicliffe IN
Virgo OUT

Hopefully then our defence will be sorted. Well after sorting Elphick out too :clap2:

You utter fuckwit.:tosser:

As any true BHA fan will agree, Virgo is back on the up and playing quality football again. His recent performances, including yesterday have been credible, the Milwall gift goal excepted.

The circumstances of the red card are undeniable and maybe he should not have gone in as he did, but to criticise him in the manner that you have, shows a lack of support and understanding for the team IMO.

I do agree with your comment about Elf-dick though.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Prat, Virgo was arguablly (along with Murray) our best player untill the red cards.
He's been on fire recently, but you says he gets worse every season? you are a prick.

I do find it amusing when people say 'apart from this, apart from that, ..he played brilliantly.'

I've seen enough of Virgo to know that he is a bit slow, clumsy and technically not that good.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I do find it amusing when people say 'apart from this, apart from that, ..he played brilliantly.'

I've seen enough of Virgo to know that he is a bit slow, clumsy and technically not that good.

You clearly haven't seen any of our recent games where Virgs has been one of our best (if not the best) players. But lets not allow the facts to get in the way of slagging off one of our players when it is so much better to be irrational over it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You clearly haven't seen any of our recent games where Virgs has been one of our best (if not the best) players. But lets not allow the facts to get in the way of slagging off one of our players when it is so much better to be irrational over it.

I've been to virtually all the home games since he rejoined the club, plus a selection of aways if you want to go down that avenue. I've seen enough to form a long term view. But, if you just want to look at the past few games he might have done some good defending here and there but he also cost us the Millwall game and got himself sent off and banned yesterday. You cannot simply ignore these. They happened and they matter.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Its true virgs has caused us a couple of problems with his errors such as against milwall and leeds but youve got to take his whole contribution into account and doing that you must conclude that he has saved us with his trojan defending more than his mistakes have cost us, he WAS our defence against norwich and away at leyton, his recent form overall has been good, his errors are bloody frustrating but not as frustrating as him being missing now for 4 games.

I noticed in the away match at leyton how much weight he`s lost compared to earlier in the season, he looks really slim for the first time in ages and this must have made a difference to his form.

As for alternatives el abd will probably start and have the same problem virgs has had, of trying to cover for elphicks cockups, which are much more prevalent!

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Its true virgs has caused us a couple of problems with his errors such as against milwall and leeds but youve got to take his whole contribution into account and doing that you must conclude that he has saved us with his trojan defending more than his mistakes have cost us, he WAS our defence against norwich and away at leyton, his recent form overall has been good, his errors are bloody frustrating but not as frustrating as him being missing now for 4 games.

I noticed in the away match at leyton how much weight he`s lost compared to earlier in the season, he looks really slim for the first time in ages and this must have made a difference to his form.

As for alternatives el abd will probably start and have the same problem virgs has had, of trying to cover for elphicks cockups, which are much more prevalent!

Very true. :thumbsup:

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Once again you haven't failed to disappoint me, what happened to him? Gets shitter every season in my opinion. I want Tunnicliffe back, at least he was more determined!!!

Tunnicliffe IN
Virgo OUT

Hopefully then our defence will be sorted. Well after sorting Elphick out too :clap2:

:wanker: what a prize prick you really are, pretty clear you don't know the first thing about football, oh yeah :wanker:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I don't hate Virgo, as a defender he is quality. He wins headers, gets great tackles in and marks strikers well enough for most of the game. If he only clearing or blocking he looks great, but the second he is in pocession of a football he is just not that good. His short passing is ok, but he just hoofs it aimlessly often to no one or straight off the pitch. It's so frustrating especially when he has time to do something simple.

The problem with him is that when he goes wrong he costs us points, and that is ultimatley what matters. He needs to cut that out. He cost us the game against Millwall, he cost us the game against Leeds for reducing us to 10 men, and the next 4 games we have to play a half fit El Abd or play Painter or somene else as centre back because we allowed our cover to go to MK Dons. The next games are HUGE for us and his stupidity means our "best" defender isn't playing...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't hate Virgo, as a defender he is quality. He wins headers, gets great tackles in and marks strikers well enough for most of the game. If he only clearing or blocking he looks great, but the second he is in pocession of a football he is just not that good. His short passing is ok, but he just hoofs it aimlessly often to no one or straight off the pitch. It's so frustrating especially when he has time to do something simple.

The problem with him is that when he goes wrong he costs us points, and that is ultimatley what matters. He needs to cut that out. He cost us the game against Millwall, he cost us the game against Leeds for reducing us to 10 men, and the next 4 games we have to play a half fit El Abd or play Painter or somene else as centre back because we allowed our cover to go to MK Dons. The next games are HUGE for us and his stupidity means our "best" defender isn't playing...

This is exactly where I'm coming from. I think a lot of people just see the 'heroic' blocking etc. But, his lack of technique, clumsiness and general lack of awareness let him down in the other aspects of his game.

I prefer my defenders to be solid and consistent. Virgo is too erratic and error prone for my liking.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
You utter fuckwit.:tosser:

As any true BHA fan will agree, Virgo is back on the up and playing quality football again. His recent performances, including yesterday have been credible, the Milwall gift goal excepted.

The circumstances of the red card are undeniable and maybe he should not have gone in as he did, but to criticise him in the manner that you have, shows a lack of support and understanding for the team IMO.

No it doesn't. Anyone has a right to be angry about a key player showing such a lack of discipline. Again.

And I'm not just talking about sendings-off and suspensions. Every time he lobs a useless hoof up the pitch to concede possession (though I will admit he seems to have toned that down as the season has gone on) or plays a blind pass in to midfield is part of it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No it doesn't. Anyone has a right to be angry about a key player showing such a lack of discipline. Again.

And I'm not just talking about sendings-off and suspensions. Every time he lobs a useless hoof up the pitch to concede possession (though I will admit he seems to have toned that down as the season has gone on) or plays a blind pass in to midfield is part of it.

Complete rubbish. If you don't go to a game (or seemingly any based on the rubbish he posted) and then slag off a player in such a stupid way you deserve all the abuse you get.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This is exactly where I'm coming from. I think a lot of people just see the 'heroic' blocking etc. But, his lack of technique, clumsiness and general lack of awareness let him down in the other aspects of his game.

I prefer my defenders to be solid and consistent. Virgo is too erratic and error prone for my liking.

No a lot of people just see the fact that he has been our best defender by a distance in recent weeks. The problem Virgo had was that Adams moved him around and wouldn't play him in his best position so a lot of people got pissed off with him despite it not being his fault. If a crowd favourite had done the same thing as he did on Saturday, we wouldn't have this thread. However, among Brighton fans it is sadly seen as cool to criticise Virgo as with a few of our other players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No a lot of people just see the fact that he has been our best defender by a distance in recent weeks. The problem Virgo had was that Adams moved him around and wouldn't play him in his best position so a lot of people got pissed off with him despite it not being his fault. If a crowd favourite had done the same thing as he did on Saturday, we wouldn't have this thread. However, among Brighton fans it is sadly seen as cool to criticise Virgo as with a few of our other players.
FFS, man up will you? Can't you just accept that some people see him as a liabilty owing to the fact that two monumental f*** ups in our last three games have cost us crucial points?

You always do this - moaning at other people just because they're criticising players. And you got completely owned by Herr Tubthumper on this thread because he is clearly better placed to form an opinion on Virgo than you are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
However, among Brighton fans it is sadly seen as cool to criticise Virgo as with a few of our other players.

I'm not entirely sure where this comes from.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
FFS, man up will you? Can't you just accept that some people see him as a liabilty owing to the fact that two monumental f*** ups in our last three games have cost us crucial points?

You always do this - moaning at other people just because they're criticising players. And you got completely owned by Herr Tubthumper on this thread because he is clearly better placed to form an opinion on Virgo than you are.

That is complete crap but you would say that as you seem to slag me off for no particular reason sometimes (is it just when you are bored). How exactly is he better placed to form an opinion than me? I was at Leeds so I am at least as well placed if not better to discuss the game (I take it you were there to be able to judge my comments). I have also been at the Orient, Huddersfield and Norwich games where Virgo was our best defender by a distance (I think you may mean 2 out of the last 5 games he has made mistakes but lets not let the facts get in the way). Finally, you are right. I do slag off people if they are harsh on individual players and Virgo gets a lot more stick on here than he deserves compared to some others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here