Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Also, money means nothing and neither do the credits people may have; Bosko Balaban cost £6m and Phil Neville 'helped' win the Premier League 6 times, FA Cup 3 times, Intercontinental Cup and even the Champions League.

He would be the biggest and most decorated player to ever wear our kit, but I agree jcdenton, that doesn't mean he will be the best player. He may well be passed it.

But its what it does for this club, not only is it a statement of intent and the name Brighton and Hove Albion will now register across Spanish football. But if someone as big as Vicente likes it or chats to his old pals in Spain or even on Spanish TV?, who's to say who may be next to come from Spain?

Its a big deal for this club, it will open new doors, despite how well he may or may not play.

Last edited:

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Gus done an interview a while back which he said he expects Murray,Dicker and Bridcutt to all sign new deals.This was around Jan time i believe. Even Dicker said it took a while to sort out.

75% correct.

90% chance of signing x 75% accuracy = you do the math?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There was over 700 players out of work trying to find new clubs. I'm sure Vicente wouldn't be on that list for long. :lol:

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Whatever happened to 'in Gus we Trust'. In the words of a former manager - keep the faith. He will sign for us.

My glass is half full.... of Harveys Albion Ale. Mmmmm Harveys.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Do you know how many Vicente Rodriguez's there are in world? They need to make sure he's the right one! Unlike Palace, who signed Ade Adepitan thinking it was Edgar Davids.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
At the moment we are a great side, with vincente we have the potential to be amazing. If he doesn't sign we are still left with a great side and a table topping one at that.
No one player is bigger than what Gus has built here.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The fact that he is staying in Brighton for another night, i would say means we are still very close, if after two days of negotiations we were miles apart he would be on his way back to Spain.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He would be the biggest and most decorated player to ever wear our kit, but I agree jcdenton, that doesn't mean he will be the best player. He may well be passed it.

But its what it does for this club, not only is it a statement of intent and the name Brighton and Hove Albion will now register across Spanish football. But if someone as big as Vicente likes it or chats to his old pals in Spain or even on Spanish TV?, who's to say who may be next to come from Spain?

Its a big deal for this club, it will open new doors, despite how well he may or may not play.

Who knows who his agent is? Jerry Armstong? Michael Robinson?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
A considered view to the saga that is the Vicente signing..................Imagine if you will, you are the agent of Vicente, with a proven track record, if a little crocked in places, of proven football greatness. Along comes Brighton and our Gus, full of passion. Persuades the man to talk and even entertain a medical to prove fitness. I for one, if his agent, would want that knowledge public. Pass medical, on a free and available. I would advise Senor Vicente to wait 72hrs to see if any bigger clubs bite! Hold on to your hat. I want him, I hope we get him but, I fear!
What do others think?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
A considered view to the saga that is the Vicente signing..................Imagine if you will, you are the agent of Vicente, with a proven track record, if a little crocked in places, of proven football greatness. Along comes Brighton and our Gus, full of passion. Persuades the man to talk and even entertain a medical to prove fitness. I for one, if his agent, would want that knowledge public. Pass medical, on a free and available. I would advise Senor Vicente to wait 72hrs to see if any bigger clubs bite! Hold on to your hat. I want him, I hope we get him but, I fear!
What do others think?

sneaky, but hope you are wrong...Gus would be FURIOUS!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here