Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
All day to haggle over a couple of minor clauses and small print?

I personally believe there is another offer on the table confusing it.

Either way, it can't drag on forever, It will all be put to bed one way or the other in the coming days.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Inigo probably doesn't, or at least not first and foremost (he posed with a Basque flag, not a Spanish one, at the trophy celebrations last season), the part of Spain that Vicente does count itself as an Autonomous Community, but generally isn't quite so vociferous about it as the Basque Country or Catalunya.
Ok cheers for that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Either way, it can't drag on forever, It will all be put to bed one way or the other in the coming days.

If it's to do with agent fees then I'd say it's entirely possible that it's taken all day.
There is no other offer that they are considering.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last year Gus was re-negotiating his contract from a year to 4 years. It took over 4 weeks to complete, so a couple of days for a new signing doesn't seem that long in comparison. We're not playing a game for another 8 days.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Please answer this > has anyboby seen Vicente today, not heard he was here.... or in the room upstairs, but actually seen him?

(because the many and various Blackburn rumours (albeit unproven) all say he was definitely at their training ground today, pondering their alternative offer)

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

clearly a man well versed in contract law..

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If the cause of the delay is Tony Bloom's reluctance to get ripped off by avaricious agents then so be it - the club is bigger than any one player and his agents and we drop this incredible fantasy and move on to getting the kind of centre forward Gus needs on loan. Our squad is pretty damn awesome already.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
footballnews001 Deadline Day
SPOTTED: Hulk seen in Nandos with Brighton chief Gus Poyet discussing a £12m transfer. #deadlineday

More spurious rumours on twitter to pass the time.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
footballnews001 Deadline Day
SPOTTED: Hulk seen in Nandos with Brighton chief Gus Poyet discussing a £12m transfer. #deadlineday

More spurious rumours on twitter to pass the time.

I'd rather have Spiderman tbh.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If the cause of the delay is Tony Bloom's reluctance to get ripped off by avaricious agents then so be it - the club is bigger than any one player and his agents and we drop this incredible fantasy and move on to getting the kind of centre forward Gus needs on loan. Our squad is pretty damn awesome already.

Have to agree with this. I will still be totally deflated though if we don't land him now. I can't see it happening tonight either.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Please answer this > has anyboby seen Vicente today, not heard he was here.... or in the room upstairs, but actually seen him?

(because the many and various Blackburn rumours (albeit unproven) all say he was definitely at their training ground today, pondering their alternative offer)

He was offered a deal by Blackburn (if you believe the online gossip sites and media outlets) in June and did not move there. Why, after spending a day in Brighton, would he go back and consider again?

Not directed at you, btw. Just hypothetical, really

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
18 minutes.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
if you search vicente and blackburn the only links are from back in june like said aswell as newcastle and swansea pop up, ive been on the blackburn forum and there is nothing about him on there not that they have seen him or infact they want them so id say we are safe and if true down to his idot of a agent to take the money he has been offered

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's not going to happen today is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here