Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm going to say it.

I'm not really bothered about him signing. We've got good enough wingers already, would of much rather Poyet spent the day trying to sign a striker than an expensive sicknote. Don't get me wrong it would be flair to sign a player like this, I just can't see any need for it.

This was my first thought. As much as I rate Barnes, I've never thought he was Gus's type of player and presumed we'd be in for a striker. Having said that, Gus has yet to make a mistake with signings, so are we the bigger suspects for doubting him?!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Ive been by the phone all day waiting for a call from Gus but the phone did'nt ring, cleaned my boots and everything.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Palace phoned and offered my £100,000 a week, I told them to f**k off.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'm going to say it.

I'm not really bothered about him signing. We've got good enough wingers already, would of much rather Poyet spent the day trying to sign a striker than an expensive sicknote. Don't get me wrong it would be flair to sign a player like this, I just can't see any need for it.

But we're top, with Buckley and Hoskins to come back and KLL to find form and about to sign a player who, when fit, would GRACE any league in the world. As Poyet has said before, you can't turn that kind of thing down! (and he'll have a medical, and his injury record is being overplayed, he is no Hargreaves)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
From BBC:
BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher on Twitter:
Brighton still hoping to complete a deal for former Valencia winger Vicente. The 30-year-old Spain international is in continuing talks with the club, which are taking place at their impressive new stadium.

keitho54

Oct 9, 2003
BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher on Twitter: Brighton still hoping to complete a deal for former Valencia winger Vicente. The 30-year-old Spain international is in continuing talks with the club, which are taking place at their impressive new stadium.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
From BBC:
BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher on Twitter:
Brighton still hoping to complete a deal for former Valencia winger Vicente. The 30-year-old Spain international is in continuing talks with the club, which are taking place at their impressive new stadium.

Hmm.....

*hopes*

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
How do these deals work? Surely the player/agent must know what we are offering and agrees subject to medical. Unless I have misread I'm sure he has had his medical and passed it............so whats holding it up?

Must admit, the longer this drags out, the more I doubt it happening.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
How do these deals work? Surely the player/agent must know what we are offering and agrees subject to medical. Unless I have misread I'm sure he has had his medical and passed it............so whats holding it up?

Must admit, the longer this drags out, the more I doubt it happening.

Same here. The medical's already been done so the second terms are agreed the transfer is complete. Beginning to doubt if it will be though.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Funniest tweet ive seen today was somebody saying his dad was scared he was going to wake up on the train to Gillingham

I'm the Dad, Dave. I came to your bar, and dropped off some stuff, for you.
Anyway, I got woken up on the train, and there was a replacement bus from Rochester.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Is anyone else thinking that this is going to fall through??
I know it doesn't have to be concluded tonight, but I think if Vicente wants to "sleep on it", then I think it'll be a no go...

Spimunk

Jun 17, 2011
West Sussex
From marca.com via google translate (nice to see we're in the Premiership already! lol)

was without a team, after splitting from Valencia
Vincent goes to the Brighton

With the club Valencia, won two league titles during the 2001-2002 and 2003-2004 seasons, and a Copa del Rey in 2008

PICÓ DIEGO. Valencia 31/08/11 - 10:37.

Former interior of Valencia, Vicente Rodriguez, playing in the Premiership in the ranks of Uruguayan Gustavo Poyet Brighton, after splitting the club 'che' and be without a team.

The Valencia player was in the quarry of the Levant and then moved to Valencia from the 2000-2001 season until last season. With the club Valencia won two league titles during the 2001-2002 and 2003-2004 seasons and a Copa del Rey in 2008. At the international level and also won a UEFA Super Cup.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Is anyone else thinking that this is going to fall through??
I know it doesn't have to be concluded tonight, but I think if Vicente wants to "sleep on it", then I think it'll be a no go...

Yes, I have the same feeling. There is no hurry for Vicente or his agent. Infact it may suit them. This proposed deal on transfer day has drummed up some media interest and it maybe that player/agent may see where it takes them..........another club may well make a better offer. I'm not confident at all.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
From marca.com via google translate (nice to see we're in the Premiership already! lol)

was without a team, after splitting from Valencia
Vincent goes to the Brighton

With the club Valencia, won two league titles during the 2001-2002 and 2003-2004 seasons, and a Copa del Rey in 2008

PICÓ DIEGO. Valencia 31/08/11 - 10:37.

Former interior of Valencia, Vicente Rodriguez, playing in the Premiership in the ranks of Uruguayan Gustavo Poyet Brighton, after splitting the club 'che' and be without a team.

The Valencia player was in the quarry of the Levant and then moved to Valencia from the 2000-2001 season until last season. With the club Valencia won two league titles during the 2001-2002 and 2003-2004 seasons and a Copa del Rey in 2008. At the international level and also won a UEFA Super Cup.

Blimey, it's 10am this morning already.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm going to say it.

Fully agree. I'd like to see another Championship qulity holding midfielder, fullback or striker. You can't play with with more than two wingers - we have three already without Vincente and they're all good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here