Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm usually very patient but, we are getting very close now to things closing in 4hrs or so. I would rather see a confirmed signing......like NOW :rant:
:annoyed:

yes I know he's a free agent (Vicente) I was talking about any other signing!

vcffan01

Aug 31, 2011
He scored 18 goals 2004 season and more or less the same number of assists. He is mainly a vertical player, amazing crosses and dribbling. His pace may not be the same that was before his ankles surgery, but he can still be a very good player. The few games Emery let him play this season he did it very good.

At his best around 2004, not only he was better than present day Mata or Silva...he was at Cristiano Ronaldo level. He was one of the best players in the world; chosen best player in the Spanish Liga that season; he was the main reason Valencia won Liga, UEFA Cup and European Supercup that year; part of the starting XI in the Spanish NT (his debut was at 19 in March 2001 and won 39 cups in 4 years. Last time he was called up was in Nov 2005 at 24).

And you are right about him kicking out Mata of the starting XI when Unai Emery finally decided to play him the last 3 months of season 2009-10. The reason he haven't played more the past 3 seasons wasn't his injury problems, but his bad relationship with Coach Emery. In fact, last season he hasn't injury problems and he was available 90% of the season (only a minor microfibre strain in January and he recovered in 2 weeks). In season 2008-09 he played 45 games.

Not only Real Madrid, but Manchester United, Barça, Arsenal, Liverpool, Inter, Milan, Juve, etc All the big clubs in Europe wanted to sign him in 2000-2005. The 2 more interested were Manchester and Madrid, but he never wanted to leave Valencia. In the last 3 years he rejected offers from Liverpool, PSG, Schalke, Tottenham and a few Turkish and Russian clubs.

Vicente never kicked Mata out of our team, he played in the end of 2010 cos we had finished 3rd already and Emery was trying new players out.

Vicente was never good enough to start for us in the past few seasons, with or without injury problems. Sure, he had a bad relationship with Emery...but he never impressed when he did feature for us.

Anyway, if fit i'm sure he can do well at Championship level.

Yes, Vicente was the best left winger in the World, but it's been a long time now since then...and injuries ruined him. :(

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just want this deal done and dusted. I just have a bad feeling that a club like dirty Leeds could hijack it at the last moment.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
Vicente never kicked Mata out of our team, he played in the end of 2010 cos we had finished 3rd already and Emery was trying new players out.

Vicente was never good enough to start for us in the past few seasons, with or without injury problems. Sure, he had a bad relationship with Emery...but he never impressed when he did feature for us.

Anyway, if fit i'm sure he can do well at Championship level.

Yes, Vicente was the best left winger in the World, but it's been a long time now since then...and injuries ruined him. :(

That is not true. Check out the dates. The team was not 3rd when Vicente started playing and he played regularly because Mata was not playing good. In fact he was not playing good since November, but Emery played him anyway.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Dont think there will be a striker. If anyone had been at the club having a medical or being shown round surely it would have been leeked...The clock is ticking now.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
That is not true. Check out the dates. The team was not 3rd when Vicente started playing and he played regularly because Mata was not playing good. In fact he was not playing good since November, but Emery played him anyway.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the team was 3rd after the game against Espanyol: 2 goals by Zigic thanks to 2 crosses by Vicente. And Mata had fear of not going to the World Cup for not playing the last 2 months as started and asked Emery to play him as started in one for the following games. If was all over the press that Del Bosque could leave Mata out of the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here