Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confession time , Come clean

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

DAMANCLAY said:
I think its fairly obvious now why he shouldn't have been given the job.

Yeah but why? We've had a few bad results so what? What did you expect? Let me guess we've got a divine right to win every game because Wilkins has taken over. :lolol: Get real he inherited a shambles & it's going to take a while to turn it around. Ok after a good start it looks like it's going tits up but come back in a couple of months & we'll talk about it then!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

Seagull73 said:
Except that Wilkins should not have been given the job in the summer, somebody else should have been.

Who?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
As I have been saying since the end of last season, McGhee should've been given the remainder of his contract.

He wouldn't have taken us down, but with the lack of funds for investment would unlikely, have taken us up.

Falmer would have the green light, new investment would probably be available and we could have cherry picked from canidiates applying for the job.

Tony Bloom and those morons who camped behind McGhee's dugout have a lot to answer for.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

British Bulldog said:
Yeah but why? We've had a few bad results so what? What did you expect? Let me guess we've got a divine right to win every game because Wilkins has taken over. :lolol: Get real he inherited a shambles & it's going to take a while to turn it around. Ok after a good start it looks like it's going tits up but come back in a couple of months & we'll talk about it then!

Because we have played like a bunch of under 13's. MM was doing fairly well with his shambles so surely if Wilkins is a better manager than MM he would be doing better?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
jonny.rainbow said:
As I have been saying since the end of last season, McGhee should've been given the remainder of his contract.

He wouldn't have taken us down,

He did! And we hav'nt gone down this season! Or is that a prediction?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

DAMANCLAY said:
Because we have played like a bunch of under 13's. MM was doing fairly well with his shambles so surely if Wilkins is a better manager than MM he would be doing better?

Yeah we played shit since January & slipped out of the Championship without a whimper! McGhee was so great he picked up a promotion team & got the sack when we were in our lowest position for years! Any player who dared to question him was thrown out & he was just dragging us down! Wilkins has got the biggest job since Micky Adams & I trust him to do it!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

British Bulldog said:
Yeah we played shit since January & slipped out of the Championship without a whimper! McGhee was so great he picked up a promotion team & got the sack when we were in our lowest position for years! Any player who dared to question him was thrown out & he was just dragging us down! Wilkins has got the biggest job since Micky Adams & I trust him to do it!

We were shite last season because we were massivly out of our death, I think MM was a victim of his own success in the way he preformed a miracle with a crap squad in keeping us up the season before. He then had his best asset sold and had no cash to replace him. We started this season ok and were in line with what was expected of us.

So it still begs the question if MM was doing ok in this league with the same squad then why cant Wilkins?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

DAMANCLAY said:
We were shite last season because we were massivly out of our death,

Would that be depth?

So it still begs the question if MM was doing ok in this league with the same squad then why cant Wilkins?

Maybe because he's still picking up the backlash of the McGhee era? Who knows? Have you asked the players because I hav'nt! All I know is all the players seem to want to play for Wilkins & when we did have a player fall out (Henderson) it was dealt with profesionally, & it did'nt result in another good player leaving the club!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

British Bulldog said:
Maybe because he's still picking up the backlash of the McGhee era? Who knows? Have you asked the players because I hav'nt! All I know is all the players seem to want to play for Wilkins & when we did have a player fall out (Henderson) it was dealt with profesionally, & it did'nt result in another good player leaving the club!

Yes that was depth :blush:

Henderson's transfer request was dealt with the exact same way as CKR'S (The manager said how disappointed he was in the player, the request was rejected the only difference was Henderson has a decent attitude and CKR didn't)

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

British Bulldog said:
Get real he inherited a shambles & it's going to take a while to turn it around. Ok after a good start it looks like it's going tits up but come back in a couple of months & we'll talk about it then!

If a new manager takes over and the team performs worse, its not the fault of the old regime. Look at O'Neil at Villa and see what he has done with one new addition (Petrov). I don't see him moaning about the state O'Leary had left him in. Shows what a proper manager can do.

The performances against Carlisle and Blackpool were worse than anything McGhee's teams served up. The tactics against Blackpool were worse than anything Mcghee served up. How can that Still be his fault?

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

Hannibal smith said:
If a new manager takes over and the team performs worse, its not the fault of the old regime. Look at O'Neil at Villa and see what he has done with one new addition (Petrov). I don't see him moaning about the state O'Leary had left him in. Shows what a proper manager can do.

The performances against Carlisle and Blackpool were worse than anything McGhee's teams served up. The tactics against Blackpool were worse than anything Mcghee served up. How can that Still be his fault?

Nail and head, this goes back to my point that we appointed Wilkins at the wrong time, after his honeymoon period had ended

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Hannibal smith said:

HS, Its clear that no matter who Wilkins brings in, No matter how much money he spends, No matter how bizzare his tactics and substitutions get it will always be MM's fault.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hannibal smith said:

I think you may have shut them up HS :lol: :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I agree with him. It's not entirely McGhee's fault, but Wilkins has been left with a crap squad, that is largely down to McGhee, a squad with confidence at rock bottom and a losing mentality, again, largely down to McGhee.

What is not McGhee's fault is that Wilkins has persisted with the same shit tactics. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here