Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confession time , Come clean

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dougal said:
Those who had the daggers out for McGhee , cleanse yourself here and admit you made a mistake...

He should of gone in the summer all the crap on the pitch is his fault.Deano will sort it out if given time

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

Tom Hark said:
Bollocks. The crap we saw on Sunday was McGhee's legacy.

Just like the limited success he enjoyed was the legacy of more competent managers who left the Albion in a better state than when they arrived. McGhee left the club in an infinitely worse state.
how ?
yuo cant have it both ways half the squad are adams men
who lucky for us played above there selfs for a couple of seasons
lets be honest most of them even before they were has beens were never weres
you know who i mean
McGhee for me done a great job on a very limeted budget
but even now you lot cant leave him alone
and give him thee credit he deserves

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

macky said:
how ?
yuo cant have it both ways half the squad are adams men
who lucky for us played above there selfs for a couple of seasons
lets be honest most of them even before they were has beens were never weres
you know who i mean
McGhee for me done a great job on a very limeted budget
but even now you lot cant leave him alone
and give him thee credit he deserves

I like the poetic form you've used there. Do you do Haiku?

Seriously though 'half the squad are Adams men'. There's Kuipers and Carpenter from what I can remember and that's it. Mayo was pre Adams. Everyone else either post Adamns or Youth team non?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Losing a meaningless end of season game against a midtable Championship team is as bad as losing a relegation encounter to avoid League 2? If lots of fans agree with you on this, it's no wonder this club is in a state.

Save your breath LI , if people seriously think losing the Stoke game is as bad as the last 2 league games there's not point on carrying on the debate.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Losing a meaningless end of season game against a midtable Championship team is as bad as losing a relegation encounter to avoid League 2? If lots of fans agree with you on this, it's no wonder this club is in a state.

Save your breath LI , if people seriously think losing the Stoke game is as bad as the last 2 league games there's not point on carrying on the debate.

The thing with the Stoke game that was completely unforgivable was the fact that a good number of the players on the pitch that day were in theory playing for new contracts and yet seemed to put no effort in. In fact one of the few that did try that day was Nicolas and the genius that is McGhee released him anyway...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Should not have sacked McGhee and compounded the mistake by appointing Wilkins.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Meant to add,two wrongs...................

.................and it ain't right.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Uncle Buck said:
In fact one of the few that did try that day was Nicolas and the genius that is McGhee released him anyway...

Remind us, which Premiership or Championship club is he playing for now?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Gwylan said:
Remind us, which Premiership or Championship club is he playing for now?

And why that is I do not know. When he came here he looked OK and in the games at the end of last season when he came back in he looked up to it and looked to be trying to win a new contract. In the current midfield he would at least retain the ball, which is more than we are achieving at present.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Rusco said:
:clap: IMO the team has got worse since Wilkins has been managing it. Sacking McGhee was the right choice, appointing Wilkins was not

But what did you think would happen when DK sacked McGhee? Whether there is money or not for players (I think there isn't) why would it be any different for a manager??

I'm suprised that people believe there was a choice after Dk was backed into a corner over McGhee!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

brightonfan_86 said:
I aint admitting a mistake, Mcghee had to go. Can we please stop talking about him, he has gone get over it.

No we cant, Because it was the wrong f***ing decision. The LK threads appeared on here for months and months im sure the MM threads will do the same and probably for longer.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

brightonfan_86 said:
I aint admitting a mistake, Mcghee had to go. Can we please stop talking about him, he has gone get over it.

Well said Kev! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

DAMANCLAY said:
No we cant, Because it was the wrong f***ing decision. The LK threads appeared on here for months and months im sure the MM threads will do the same and probably for longer.

How was it the wrong f***ing decision? He lost the fans, the dressing room, the team spirit and passion and desire. He was to tactically inept, he blamed everyone else apart from him.

This Mcghee bollocks will go on untill we move in on Falmer, and I can't wait. :thud:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

tedebear said:
But what did you think would happen when DK sacked McGhee? Whether there is money or not for players (I think there isn't) why would it be any different for a manager??

I'm suprised that people believe there was a choice after Dk was backed into a corner over McGhee!

Right - that's it, I'm ranting myself.

BHAFC is a business that employs staff to serve it's customers - us. We pay 25 quid a game to watch the product, we buy the shirts we subscribe to Seagulls World. Without us there is no business.

If I got feedback from my customers where I worked my boss would have to assess the strength and validity of complaints. If he felt them to be of small volume or insignificcant nothing would be done. The more customers that complained the more he'd have to consider firing me but IT WOULD STILL BE HIS DECISION.

DK was not backed in to a corner, he took a business decision based on feedback and performance. We pay the wages and we SHOULD have a say but in the end the buck stops with DK.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
that get over it comment is bollox. Something i care for with all my heart , I'm simply not going to "get over anything"

I do give a shit even if you dont :angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

Guinness Boy said:
Right - that's it, I'm ranting myself.

BHAFC is a business that employs staff to serve it's customers - us. We pay 25 quid a game to watch the product, we buy the shirts we subscribe to Seagulls World. Without us there is no business.

If I got feedback from my customers where I worked my boss would have to assess the strength and validity of complaints. If he felt them to be of small volume or insignificcant nothing would be done. The more customers that complained the more he'd have to consider firing me but IT WOULD STILL BE HIS DECISION.

DK was not backed in to a corner, he took a business decision based on feedback and performance. We pay the wages and we SHOULD have a say but in the end the buck stops with DK.

When it boils down to it that is true, but you will be told otherwise other the next day or so, trust me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here