Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confession time , Come clean

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Those who had the daggers out for McGhee , cleanse yourself here and admit you made a mistake...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dougal said:
Those who had the daggers out for McGhee , cleanse yourself here and admit you made a mistake...

Bollocks. The crap we saw on Sunday was McGhee's legacy.

Just like the limited success he enjoyed was the legacy of more competent managers who left the Albion in a better state than when they arrived. McGhee left the club in an infinitely worse state.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dougal said:

I'll admit to a mistake when I make one. Lets discuss it at the end of the season when Wilkins has guided us to mid table and started to lay some good foundations for the future.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The only mistake was leaving McGhee in charge for too long.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Dougal said:

I wanted him gone, and I'm still glad. What I am not glad about is Wilkins appointment.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

British Bulldog said:
I'll admit to a mistake when I make one. Lets discuss it at the end of the season when Wilkins has guided us to mid table and started to lay some good foundations for the future.

So if he gets us relegated or very close to will you admit you have made a mistake?

D

Deleted member 2719

The only mistake that was made was not to get rid of him sooner while we still had a team.

:nono:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Tom Hark said:
McGhee left the club in an infinitely worse state.

Eh? He took over a mid-table 3rd division club and left a mid-table 3rd division club.

In the meantime we had a promotion and some very profitable transfer dealings.

Even if you discount those, leaving a club in the same position as when you joined does not add up to leaving it in a worse state.

What with this and the worse-than-Priestfield brigade, there really are too many goldfish memories on NSC these days.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Re: Re: Re: Confession time , Come clean

Gwylan said:
Eh? He took over a mid-table 3rd division club and left a mid-table 3rd division club.

In the meantime we had a promotion and some very profitable transfer dealings.

Even if you discount those, leaving a club in the same position as when you joined does not add up to leaving it in a worse state.

What with this and the worse-than-Priestfield brigade, there really are too many goldfish memories on NSC these days.

Here, here - some people on here have very short memories. If DW is the answer, I dread to think was the question was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dream on Dougal, I doubt a relegation would change their minds and nor should it if they wanted him out, there is plenty of mileage left in blaming McGhee as we are seeing and it won't change even if we go down.

Think of it in the same way as many on here giving absolutely no credit to Taylor when he got Adams team promoted.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All of a sudden McGhee is now perceived as some sort of hero. What bollocks!

The 5-1 defeat against Stoke was just as bad, if not worse, than the last 2 matches, as was Crewe. He was failing to attract players of sufficient quality for this division, and there is no evidence he would have done any better than Wilkins over our last few league games, indeed he might have done a lot worse.

Dick Knight is a fool for claiming it was the fans that got McGhee the sack. It was a divisive statement, as we are now seeing, and only heaps pressure on Wilkins by implying the chairman didn't want to get rid of McGhee in the first place.

Moreover, if Knight is so sensitive to fan pressure them God help Wilkins. It would not surprise me if we don't win more than 3 matches before Christmas, but then we with so many kids learning professional football we were always going to have a better 2nd half to the season.

Pavilionaire said:
The 5-1 defeat against Stoke was just as bad, if not worse, than the last 2 matches
Losing a meaningless end of season game against a midtable Championship team is as bad as losing a relegation encounter to avoid League 2? If lots of fans agree with you on this, it's no wonder this club is in a state.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

Tom Hark said:
Bollocks. The crap we saw on Sunday was McGhee's legacy.

Just like the limited success he enjoyed was the legacy of more competent managers who left the Albion in a better state than when they arrived. McGhee left the club in an infinitely worse state.

To add to that he constantly undermined players, and board members via the local media when things didnt go his way.

He was a dour, lifeless average manager who couldnt inspire a duracell bunny.

Lets go forward, not back.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

DAMANCLAY said:
So if he gets us relegated or very close to will you admit you have made a mistake?

Yeah I dont have a problem with holding my hands up when I've got it wrong.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear

Seagull73 said:
I wanted him gone, and I'm still glad. What I am not glad about is Wilkins appointment.

:clap: IMO the team has got worse since Wilkins has been managing it. Sacking McGhee was the right choice, appointing Wilkins was not

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Losing a meaningless end of season game against a midtable Championship team is as bad as losing a relegation encounter to avoid League 2? If lots of fans agree with you on this, it's no wonder this club is in a state.

The difference being that the Stoke defeat was totally devoid of anything resembling effort, work-rate or committment; disunity on the pitch and in the stands ... very much McGhee's legacy.

Sunday's defeat wasn't the same thing; rather, it was a group of players who aren't collectively up to it ... equally depressing, but rather easier to tolerate.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Rusco said:
:clap: IMO the team has got worse since Wilkins has been managing it. Sacking McGhee was the right choice, appointing Wilkins was not

Thirded.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
LI, I wouldn't call losing to Blackpool a relegation encounter - Orient, Millwall or Rotherham yes.

Secondly, if the Stoke match was meaningless why did I have to pay full price to watch it? I thought the deal was I pay £20 and sit in the wet while the players earn their £2,000 per week by actually trying quite hard to play football.

Or have I missed something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here